Trying out a new Dark Angels sucessor scheme

Daevyll

What with the new Codex coming out I was tempted to do a new scheme.

Basic background is that it is a DA successor chapter that has chosen to keep the Deathwing bone color as its basic armour color for some reason I have yet to think of.

The real reason is that, while I have always loved the Deathwing colors (sans the Green/Red Christmas tree ornaments), I like the Greenwing colors a lot less. I'll base him when I get some 32mm bases.

So here goes, Brother First Try of the Unnamed :

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r722/Daevyll/4F12452A-6137-4BD4-98A9-AEBEC616BBEC_zpsgojv4zhz.jpg

For reference, this is the scheme used by my Terminators:

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r722/Daevyll/839b3fac-0e97-4428-a93e-126147c35388_zpsc1192ae3.jpg

That really does work nicely. What colours are you using for the blue and bone as the bone especially catches my eye?

Thanks, the bone color is 'Elfbein' from Vallejo Model Air range (I use VMA for a lot of brushwork, love the stuff). The tabard was done in GW Dark Reaper with the highlighting mixed with a few shades of Vallejo Model Color greens.

Very nice!

I'm not a big fan of the "bone" colour scheme shown in the codex, yours however looks very nice indeed. I've decided (After a stupidly long time deliberating) to paint my DW in a light grey colour scheme so as to represent ash. A little apprehensive but we'll see how it turns out ;)

That really does work nicely. What colours are you using for the blue and bone as the bone especially catches my eye?

Thanks, the bone color is 'Elfbein' from Vallejo Model Air range (I use VMA for a lot of brushwork, love the stuff). The tabard was done in GW Dark Reaper with the highlighting mixed with a few shades of Vallejo Model Color greens.

Nice, the Dark Reaper looks fanatstic. I use it to highlight black, but might have to find a model to base with it now :)

Very nice!

I'm not a big fan of the "bone" colour scheme shown in the codex, yours however looks very nice indeed. I've decided (After a stupidly long time deliberating) to paint my DW in a light grey colour scheme so as to represent ash. A little apprehensive but we'll see how it turns out msn-wink.gif

Thanks, the main issue I have with the GW color scheme is the red and green accents used, it makes the Deathwing look too much like Christmas elves in my opinion. THat is why I've used more muted colors such as stone (grey), black and brass.

I'm very curious how Terminators in light grey would look, don't forget to post them here when you've painted one!

Very nice!

I'm not a big fan of the "bone" colour scheme shown in the codex, yours however looks very nice indeed. I've decided (After a stupidly long time deliberating) to paint my DW in a light grey colour scheme so as to represent ash. A little apprehensive but we'll see how it turns out ;)

Thanks, the main issue I have with the GW color scheme is the red and green accents used, it makes the Deathwing look too much like Christmas elves in my opinion. THat is why I've used more muted colors such as stone (grey), black and brass.

I'm very curious how Terminators in light grey would look, don't forget to post them here when you've painted one!

I've posted a link in the hall of honour forum in the HQ thread of my Belial done in the same scheme (currently last post).....I'd copy a link to here but I've still not figured out how to get all the posting options up when using my ipad ..lol

I've only been painting miniatures since February of this year so please be gentle ;)

Love the color scheme. Bone because they are an all star group from other known successors = meaning all veterans? Maybe take super secret OO19 type missions..... Either way keep the blue on bone scheme.

Never Forget! Never Forgive!

I'm going to 'borrow' that suggestion ;)

Kind of like an Unforgiven Deathwatch unit to assist the parent chapter, I like the idea. Would also give me an opportunity to mix imagery from multiple known successors from a modelling point of view. 

Thanks!

Archived