Forge World Open Day 2015 - news thread

Atia

Okay. I spoke to his Bligh-ness about a few things. (very cool bloke happy.png )

The reason why some models and kits come out sooner than others is due to the main models being completed as a priority. Once a sculptor is free, they might be inclined to do a certain thing over another. As long as the main models etc are done, there is a little room to accommodate this. Hence Eidolon appearing seemingly out of nowhere, for example.

There WILL be a Ventanus model. The intention is there to do Thiel at some point too wub.png

The book that deals with Calth and the aftermath (along with Angrons' assention and other stuff) will be the book after the next AT THE EARLIEST.

Also Hyaenidae - the Tyrant Siege Termis. They will be along SOONER than later smile.png

Thats the quote I was looking for :)

Fantastic stuff - thanks to all the Bothans and Rumourmancers.

Could some kind soul please enquire about 6mm/Epic-scale plans? There were some hints at the last event apparently - even if the answer is 'no', it'd be better than being on tenterhooks!

Okay. I spoke to his Bligh-ness about a few things. (very cool bloke happy.png )

The reason why some models and kits come out sooner than others is due to the main models being completed as a priority. Once a sculptor is free, they might be inclined to do a certain thing over another. As long as the main models etc are done, there is a little room to accommodate this. Hence Eidolon appearing seemingly out of nowhere, for example.

There WILL be a Ventanus model. The intention is there to do Thiel at some point too wub.png

The book that deals with Calth and the aftermath (along with Angrons' assention and other stuff) will be the book after the next AT THE EARLIEST.

Also Hyaenidae - the Tyrant Siege Termis. They will be along SOONER than later smile.png

Thats the quote I was looking for smile.png

Thanks mate. Really glad to know Thiel will be getting some love.

Im glad the next Ultramarines book isnt the next one, gives me some time to save up.

All the HH news are lovely. Although I'd have liked to see a sneak of whichever Primarch is being worked on at the moment.

Are there any news regarding updates on rules for 30k vehicles and units in 40k (IA2: Second Edition --> IA2:Third Edition) in regards to the SM 40k update?
Any news regarding Mechanicum list interaction (30k - 40k units)?

I wonder if they're going to do Mark VI for more Legions then? Imperial Fists don't seem to be a Legion I'd associate with Mark VI

they got a lot of mark VI during the mars civil war msn-wink.gif

No they didn't, it was 10,000 suits+ of Mark IV (according to Mechanicum), not VI. They've never been associated with Mark VI which is why it's a little surprising

And according to Deliverance Lost, the Imperial Fists were still raiding Mars and their collections had increased to finding the Mk VI Corvus Pattern, 1,000 suits of which they sent to the Raven Guard.

You also then get the fact that the Loyalist Mechanicum has moved to Terra and started producing the weapons and armor they designed for the Fists.

The VII might not be the Legion we would normally associate with the Mk VI but the fact is that from the background viewpoint, not only do they have access to it, but the only Legion that can access it without going through the VII are the Alpha Legion.

Tell me about it, if FW keep going like this, the wife will be wondering where all the money for buying our house has gone!! biggrin.png

I never thought i would want to do anything other then the XIII...Now i have the itching desire to do RG....

At the risk of sounding like a frothing fanboy, I am looking forward to seeing how the Vlka Fenryka rules and models look.Its almost making me too nervous to work on the ones I have incase the aesthetics are a mile off, but I see all the other cool stuff and I want a bit of EVERYTHING!!! Especially Raven Guard though, and White Scars someday too!!

HH is truly wicked in an awesome way

I dipped into the house fnd when I got some Knights, I don't think she bought the excuse that they were garden gnomes somehow!!

Need some new excuses for future purchases....

I wonder if they're going to do Mark VI for more Legions then? Imperial Fists don't seem to be a Legion I'd associate with Mark VI

No they didn't, it was 10,000 suits+ of Mark IV (according to Mechanicum), not VI. They've never been associated with Mark VI which is why it's a little surprising

And according to Deliverance Lost, the Imperial Fists were still raiding Mars and their collections had increased to finding the Mk VI Corvus Pattern, 1,000 suits of which they sent to the Raven Guard.

You also then get the fact that the Loyalist Mechanicum has moved to Terra and started producing the weapons and armor they designed for the Fists.

The VII might not be the Legion we would normally associate with the Mk VI but the fact is that from the background viewpoint, not only do they have access to it, but the only Legion that can access it without going through the VII are the Alpha Legion.

I did not say that they didn't have any access to it, merely that they weren't associated with it & wondering whether it was a sign of things to come for other Legions (~thus the Mark VI Sons of Horus marine that FW did not end up putting into book IV). It was entering production, not freely available. It would be surprising if Fists got a shoulder pad for Mark VI and the others didn't by that logic, thus my sentiment.

Pedantics aside, I do hope they do Mark VI sets for all Legions.

I would have imagined that as the SoH were the pre-eminent Legion and Horus' ties to Mars he could have diverted a great number of the most advanced gear such as Mk6 armour to his legion and those legions in his favour.... Reading the books, before the Heresy officially started  he was already siphoning off the best stuff for those he knew were loyal to him.

Tell me about it, if FW keep going like this, the wife will be wondering where all the money for buying our house has gone!! biggrin.png

I never thought i would want to do anything other then the XIII...Now i have the itching desire to do RG....

At the risk of sounding like a frothing fanboy, I am looking forward to seeing how the Vlka Fenryka rules and models look.Its almost making me too nervous to work on the ones I have incase the aesthetics are a mile off, but I see all the other cool stuff and I want a bit of EVERYTHING!!! Especially Raven Guard though, and White Scars someday too!!

I dipped into the house fnd when I got some Knights, I don't think she bought the excuse that they were garden gnomes somehow!!

Throne i have to get the suzerians, ultramarines terminators, ultramarine contemptor, a super heavy, Ventnaus, and at least 20 more tacs.

Plus the RG squad so i can make some knight errants....

I weep.

I think it's important to release the background sections on the Scars and Angels because it makes no sense to start an army of them if you don't know ranks, titles, organization, whether armor is integrated or separate, etc. Id be pretty mad if I built some blood angels breachers only to find out they don't exist in the same company as assault or tactical legionaries.

Throne i have to get the suzerians, ultramarines terminators, ultramarine contemptor, a super heavy, Ventnaus, and at least 20 more tacs.

Plus the RG squad so i can make some knight errants....

I weep.

Yes but weep tears of joy... for all the resin dropping through your letterbox will be as manna from heaven (just not quite so life sustaining)...

Besides a few months living off of beans on toast is good for the soul (and bowels, but very bad for the environment) tongue.png

I think it's important to release the background sections on the Scars and Angels because it makes no sense to start an army of them if you don't know ranks, titles, organization, whether armor is integrated or separate, etc. Id be pretty mad if I built some blood angels breachers only to find out they don't exist in the same company as assault or tactical legionaries.

It's a valid point. I just see why they won't do it. 

I know it's getting late in the day but if possible can someone please if they plan to do models for all of the consuls? I believe Librarian/Chaplain/Vigilator are the missing atm. Not including Techmarine for Forge Lord Conversions

med_gallery_79873_10492_171974.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_49136.jpg

I think that someone is trying to kill me

Infecting my blood and destroying my mind

No man of the flesh could ever stop me

The fight for this beast is a fight to the death

White whale - holy grail

What remorseless emperor commands me

I no longer govern my soul

I am completely immersed in darkness

As I turn my body away from the sun

White whale - holy grail

Split your lungs with blood and thunder

When you see the white whale

Break your backs and crack your oars men

If you wish to prevail

This bionic leg is what propels me

Bolters thrust in the sky

Aim directly for his crooked brow

And look him straight in the eye

White whale - holy grail

I did not say that they didn't have any access to it, merely that they weren't associated with it & wondering whether it was a sign of things to come for other Legions (~thus the Mark VI Sons of Horus marine that FW did not end up putting into book IV). It was entering production, not freely available. It would be surprising if Fists got a shoulder pad for Mark VI and the others didn't by that logic, thus my sentiment.

Pedantics aside, I do hope they do Mark VI sets for all Legions.

MkVI shows up all over the place in the card game art too, and they're definitely using a lot of that art as inspiration for this range. Here, here's some of that art of an Imperial Fist :)

http://i.imgur.com/YHYQXVH.jpg?1

Am excited to see Thousand Sons upgrade bits for September. Another push back on the wait for Prospero is sad to hear again, so a year for the models to be done, factor in some production time, and maybe some delays for re-sculpts and we are looking at 2017. It's a shame that all these useless legions have taken up so much time whistlingW.gif .

Any word on rules for the chaos knights ?

med_gallery_79873_10492_125565.jpg

Am excited to see Thousand Sons upgrade bits for September. Another push back on the wait for Prospero is sad to hear again, so a year for the models to be done, factor in some production time, and maybe some delays for re-sculpts and we are looking at 2017. It's a shame that all these useless legions have taken up so much time whistlingW.gif .

Any word on rules for the chaos knights ?

https://twitter.com/Lady_Atia/status/617673803536199682

Aye, but the T-Son upgrade kit is already done or so I believe wih a release date of September??

So atleast you can start making some cool looking legionnaries while we wait for the book to drop, but as Rohr says having the rules is great as then we know whats legal and whats not!!

MkVI shows up all over the place in the card game art too, and they're definitely using a lot of that art as inspiration for this range. Here, here's some of that art of an Imperial Fist smile.png

http://i.imgur.com/YHYQXVH.jpg?1

If you read what I said, I know there are examples, and a picture from the card game really isn't the point. Like I also said, I do hope they do Mark VI for other Legions also. :)

Archived