Firepower Focused Ultramarines - 2000 points.

Ishagu

So, I'm still in the process of building my Legion list and thinking of modifying my initial ideas.

One of my main issues is that games in my local meta are all in the 2k range - Also the lists I build have to be assembled with 40k opposition in mind, not just fighting other Marines in the Age of Darkness.

Anyways, I'm adapting the SoH list I was working on prior to the release of Tempest as I think it works better with the Ultras:

HQ:

-Forge Lord, Artifacer Armour, Servo Arm, Rad Grenades

Troops:

-10 Tactical Marines, Combi Plasma, Rhino

-10 Tactical Marines, Combi Plasma, Rhino

-5 Invictarus Suzerains, Landraider Phobos

Elites:

-3 Rapier Weapons Batteries, Quad Mortars

Heavy Support:

-Legion Sicaran, Lascannon Sponsons

-Legion Sicaran, Lascannon Sponsons

-Legion Vindicator Laser Destroyer, Combi Bolter

Lord of War:

-Primarch Roboute Guilliman

So, Guilliman awards the Sicarans with the Tank Hunter Rule. This will make them exceptional at destroying enemy armour and also effective at taking out flyers.

The Quad Mortars, Tacticals and the various Tanks would all benefit from the focus fire rule after the Rhinos target an enemy units.

Guilliman and the Suzerains are the mopping up crew. They'll advance once the threatening shooting units have been crippled by the Sicarans and the Vindicator.

Guilliman can also tie up another Primarch in a fight if required.

The Forge Lord bolsters the assault with his Rad Grenades and helps keep the Landraider going.

**Edit - Have updated the list**

As far as the list goes I like it. As far as I can tell you have most of your bases covered.

As for what to do with your Rapier Batteries I'd have to say go with the Heavy Bolters, I think the Sicarians have Armor and High Toughness covered. Massed bodies would be a problem.

I'm thinking of replacing one of the Sicarans with a Vindicator Laser Destroyer and running a full unit of 3 Quad Mortars.

This would also allow me to maintain enough points for the Rad Grenade upgrade on the Forge Lord.

This would also be cheaper :-P

Archived