2 quick questions

Obeliske

So I was wondering a HW team is considered a single model and according to the codex it has 1 wound a quick search online people say it's two wounds though. I'm wondering if this is RAW vs RAI? According the the codex it's a single model and a single model has 1 wound.

My second question is how many order's can get issued to a single unit can you please provide reference to this?

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

A Heavy Weapon Team (HWT) is a single model, but with 2 wounds. You can see this in the stat profile in the codex.

Units can only receive a single order; when they get it they act immediately to perform it as their action for that phase. I'm afraid I don't have the codex to hand to give page numbers at the moment.

The HWT is one model, but takes the  place of 2 guardsmen, it has 2 wounds. Depending on which unit is giving the orders you can issue up to 2 (unmodified). Each unit may only receive 1 order per turn. 

Platoon commanders may issue 1 order per turn, while company commanders may issue 2. Creed can issue 3, and there is a warlord trait that allows the warlord (with voice of command) to issue 3. Again each unit may only receive 1 order per turn. 

HWS: Pg 301 (infantry platoons, Heavy weapons teams), Pg 215 (special rules)

Orders: Voice of Command section Pgs 223-237.

My page numbers are the digital edition, but they should line up well enough to find the information. I hope this helps.

Yes... my stat profile says 1 wound in my codex right next to the infantry squad it can replace two units out of...

Did I get a misprint or something???

Also I am aware that they act immediately when given an order but some (ie. full throttle and gunner's kill on sight) do not seem to be mutually exclusive. That aside while it says in the rulebook each unit may fire once, there are ways to overwrite stuff like this (especially easy with movement) and I'm wondering if somebody can show me where it says you can't give units multiple orders.

I'm really not trying to argue and I do appreciate any help I'm simply trying to be thorough especially for references.

EDIT: Ulrik answered while I was replying :P Thanks Ulrik and yes it does appear I have a misprint in my book.... that's annoying.

Tank Orders are a completely different mechanic to Infantry Orders. For one, a Tank Order is only applied to the Commander's own squadron, and they may only issue Order a turn. You can find the full rules for Infantry Orders on Page 28.

Heavy Weapons Squads have 2 Wounds. Check the summary at the back of the book for your unit statlines.

Another question just occurred to me First Rank Fire with Heavy weapons, Heavy weapons are heavy which means snap fire but with the orders could they fire an additional time to? I'm wondering specifically for blob squads.

That's a pain! Did it have the misprint on both the Platoon and summary pages? HWTs benefit from orders, but only if the order is applicable - First Rank does not work on heavy weapons, just lasguns and hot-shot lasguns.

As specified in the codex under Voice of Command (page 28) an order that involves a shooting attack or running means the unit can't do anything else that phase, whether the order is successful or not. Otherwise they're still free to act, which is only talking about the Get Back in the Fight order as all others are either a shooting attack, running action - or both!

First rank fire only works on lasguns and hotshots if i'm not mistaken. The HWT does still have their lasgun in addition to the heavy weapon though, so I guess you could choose to fire that instead if you moved.

I actually knew that I just wasn't thinking tongue.png

That's a pain! Did it have the misprint on both the Platoon and summary pages? HWTs benefit from orders, but only if the order is applicable - First Rank does not work on heavy weapons, just lasguns and hot-shot lasguns.

As specified in the codex under Voice of Command (page 28) an order that involves a shooting attack or running means the unit can't do anything else that phase, whether the order is successful or not. Otherwise they're still free to act, which is only talking about the Get Back in the Fight order as all others are either a shooting attack, running action - or both!

Awesome thanks Warrior

and yes it does have this misprint in both spots tongue.png are you guys messing with me and getting it confused with an old edition? Sorry I have to ask.

It says they are treated as a single model then under stats it says 1 W

HWTs have been two wounds for a while too. What codex do you have, is it the digital version or paper? I have the hardback from 2013 and have never heard of this, do you have the new softback edition? There is nothing on the FAQ, though it hasn't been updated since the softback was released.

Could be the interpretation that the operator is 1 wound, and the spotter is 1 wound and could actually be placed on a separate base so you wont need to use wound counters? :D​

First rank fire only works on lasguns and hotshots if i'm not mistaken.  The HWT does still have their lasgun in addition to the heavy weapon though, so I guess you could choose to fire that instead if you moved.

Here I have been playing since 5th eddition and I had no idea they have a lasgun.

Could be the interpretation that the operator is 1 wound, and the spotter is 1 wound and could actually be placed on a separate base so you wont need to use wound counters? biggrin.png

That would be RAI interpretation, eh? Since the box comes with three larger bases instead of six smaller ones.

Could be the interpretation that the operator is 1 wound, and the spotter is 1 wound and could actually be placed on a separate base so you wont need to use wound counters? biggrin.png

That would be RAI interpretation, eh? Since the box comes with three larger bases instead of six smaller ones.

It also comes with 6 dudes. This seems to indicate that that is the case.

Obeliske can you take a picture of the pages in question? I'm sure we'd all like to see this, as it's odd. Which version is your codex, hardcover or softcover?

edit/ clarified the request /edit

Archived