WH40K: Inquisitor – Martyr - New game announced

Olis

Ambitious.

If it can be played from 1st person perspective that would be a lot cooler than 3rd person. Maybe that's been talked about in this thread, I don't know, but I don't like 3rd person games very much.

I hope they can deliver on all this promise.

It's a 3rd person game and fully designed as such. There won't an option for 1st.

Even if you could, you'd be at a serious disadvantage.

Interest reduced by 85%.

But...its been a 3rd Person Isometric ARPG from the get-go :huh.:

Yup... Not sure why you were hoping for 1st person, it's just not the type of game?

It's 40k Diablo.

Ambitious.

If it can be played from 1st person perspective that would be a lot cooler than 3rd person. Maybe that's been talked about in this thread, I don't know, but I don't like 3rd person games very much.

It's a 3rd person game and fully designed as such. There won't an option for 1st.

Interest reduced by 85%.

Yup... Not sure why you were hoping for 1st person, it's just not the type of game?

It's 40k Diablo.

Exactly - and where goes the problem. Inquisitor killing hundreds of hellbrutes and CSM ;) Sureee - why we need Emperor and Primarchs ;)

Ambitious.

Interest reduced by 85%.

It's 40k Diablo.

Exactly - and where goes the problem. Inquisitor killing hundreds of hellbrutes and CSM :wink: Sureee - why we need Emperor and Primarchs :wink:

You can shoot down a guard flyer in Fire Warrior with an Autogun...

Ambitious.

Interest reduced by 85%.

It's 40k Diablo.

Because I did not know anything really about it prior to making that statement. I don't know how I missed this thread when the news first came out. When I saw their ambitious generated environments and quest options and all the talk about story lines, it made me think of Bethesda action RPGs like Elder Scrolls or Fallout. A 40k game that had Fallout style play I would buy without hesitation. Diablo was a game I was never really into.

The King Arthur and Van Helsing games were surprisingly good.  They weren't groundbreaking or cutting edge, but I got far more than my money's worth from them and that's a lot more than I can say about many games I've bought lately (including some AAA ones).

This will be good.  Not great.  Not amazing.  Nothing that will make your friends say "OMG I can't believe I didn't like 40k before now, forgive me."  But it will be good.  I am looking forward it.

I said this a year and a half ago and it's still true.  I picked up Van Helsing on a lark and was really surprised just how enjoyable it was.  I played all the way through it and easily got 100ish hours of entertainment for about $15.  

The recent updates have me optimistic.  I'm looking forward to the perpetually changing mission engine and to seeing just how many heretics need shooting.  (All of them.  All of them need shooting and Neocore seems to agree!)

The King Arthur and Van Helsing games were surprisingly good.  They weren't groundbreaking or cutting edge, but I got far more than my money's worth from them and that's a lot more than I can say about many games I've bought lately (including some AAA ones).

This will be good.  Not great.  Not amazing.  Nothing that will make your friends say "OMG I can't believe I didn't like 40k before now, forgive me."  But it will be good.  I am looking forward it.

I said this a year and a half ago and it's still true.  I picked up Van Helsing on a lark and was really surprised just how enjoyable it was.  I played all the way through it and easily got 100ish hours of entertainment for about $15.  

The recent updates have me optimistic.  I'm looking forward to the perpetually changing mission engine and to seeing just how many heretics need shooting.  (All of them.  All of them need shooting and Neocore seems to agree!)

Some of us has 360 hours on Vermintide, lol. I alone depopulated the Under Empire :biggrin.:

I just watched their open world trailer, and even though Im not a fan of 3rd person games and tank, rogue, healer dynamics I'm getting over it because of how freaking cool the open world sounds. The vide showed some serious attention to detail, and the randomization of radiant quests so youre never doing the same thing the same way sounds awesome.

Head over to the Black Library to download the first episode of the first short story in The Caligari Archivum - a series that will expand the lore of our Action-RPG - Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr! The series will focus on the Inquisition in the Caligari Sector. And the best thing? It's completely free!

http://www.blacklibrary.com/inquisitor-martyr.html

Head over to the Black Library to download the first episode of the first short story in The Caligari Archivum - a series that will expand the lore of our Action-RPG - Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr! The series will focus on the Inquisition in the Caligari Sector. And the best thing? It's completely free!

Then the game planned to be released?

Another Hive City needs our help.

Despite giving me 'Nam Flashbacks with that comment, wellplayed.
Hey at least you don't need to construct additional pylons :wink:

That was brilliant mate :)

Well, I like Diablo, and I like 40k, what's there to lose!?

Many, many hours?

Of the infinite cycle lol

And the worst thing - tis free and that means will suck. As almost 90% of any free stuff

Archived