2000 points Iron Warriors Rolling Barrage

furstyferret

Hi folks,

I hoped I could get some thoughts on the list below. It's designed to be a mix of fun and competitive acting like a rolling barrage, which was used during WWI. The troops would advance under the fire of the heavier guns which landed in front of their position to kill and suppress the enemy.

HQ

Siege Breaker (placed with the Tyrants)

Cataphractii Armour

Combi-weapon

Nuncio Vox

Praevian

Artificer Armour

Volkite Charger

3 Castellax Automata

Mauler Patter Bolt Cannons

Troops

15 Tactical Marines

Artificer Armour

Power Axe

15 Tactical Marines

Artificer Armour

Power Axe

Elite

2 Apothecaries

Contemptor-Mortiis

Assault Cannons

2 Quad Mortar Weapon Batteries

5 Tyrant Siege Terminators

Heavy Support

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank

Lascannons

Whirlwind Scorpius

There are 43 points left over. I toyed with the idea of giving the tactical squad a Nuncio Vox each to increase line of sight for the barrage weapons. Possibly a Vexilla in the tactical squads, chainfist on the Tyrants? Any other suggestion would be welcome.

I'd drop the Cataphracti armour at the Siege Breaker. An AA is enough. He should stand behind the big fellas anyway. ;)

Then exchange the Volkite for a Bolter at the Praevian. Range > Strength. He needs to hit, not to wound.

Castellax need the enhanced blabla +1 on BS upgrade.

Both Seargents need Melta Bombs.

Chainfist on one Tyrant.

That are my two cents.

Thanks for the reply dude.

The model I have for the Siege Breaker has terminator armour, hence the main reason for taking it. I also thought if he rolled up the teleport trait he could beam in with his buddies.

Yeah, you might be right about the range. I took the caliver because it was Assault 2 with a slight reduction in range. That guaranteed the hit over the 1 in 6 fail. 

You're right about the enhanced crap. I can't remember if I factored that in, pretty sure I just forgot to write it down.

Melta bombs is a good idea, I'll do that.

Would highly recommend the Nuncio Vox for your Tac Squads to take full advantage of your Scorpius. That way you can just camp it in cover and just indirect fire all day. Vexillas only if you expect your Tacs to engage in any type of melee.

Maybe get Darkfires on your Castellax for more AT punch?

Archived