ChaosKen60’s Blood Angel WIP

ChaosKen60

At the suggestion Bukimimaru (before the server crashes) I have decided to start a WIP – work in progress thread. Although I just bought (07/13/15) my 1st squad of Blood Angels, I am a long time 40K player starting out as a SM player during RT days and ending up as a CSM 2nd - 3rd edition.

I will listen to helpful input, but please understand I am not “expert” painter, and I will be using Apple Barrel paints, (because of their cost and ease of getting) and I just trying for table top quality.

And that my time between purchases/postings may be long for various reasons – job – bills, etc. As an old CSM player my tactics maybe a little out of date; so tactical advice on purchases will be much appreciated. During 2nd and 3rd edition I played/bought more infantry than vehicles.

So far I am planning to set this up as the 5th Company of the Blood Angels with Captain Sendini in command.

And I am placing this thread here with the Blood Angels just because it fits here, and also Bukimimaru, Jolemai and the others who have already given me so much input and can continue provide their guidance.

Thanks to them and to GW for the lines below from Exterminatus that made me want to start this army.

With slow, deliberate steps the Sanguinor approached the Chapter Master, wings brushing the bowed heads of the Blood Angels as he passed them. At last the two legends stood face to face, the silence heavy in the air. Without speaking Dante drew back his mask, showing the Sanguinor alone his face, and looked upon the blessed warrior with eyes unhindered by lenses or filters. Finally the question he knew he must ask came to Dante’s lips, though it was but a whisper meant only for the ears of the Sanguinor. ‘Was it enough – can Baal still be saved?’

For long moments there was only silence, and Dante felt sure there could be no answer. Then, for the first time in the annals of the Blood Angels, the Sanguinor spoke.

‘There is yet hope.’

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Here is my 1st squad all I am waiting is my glue - I ordered it off Amazon, just few days after getting these guys (07/13), I am planning on Hvy Flamer, Flamer and Combi-Flamer as the set up.

IF I ever get my cement - checked 2 Walmarts, Family Dollar no model cement.

(Sorry about the picture)

Order squads these two off ebay last night, thinking about changing out one of ML for the HB that came with the new set.

And taking the Sgt. out of the new set and making him my Captain, and making one of these a Sgt.

This is all the updates for now

And Thanks to the B&C staff for all their hard work getting the server back up.

Here is my 1st squad all I am waiting is my glue - I ordered it off Amazon, just few days after getting these guys (07/13), I am planning on Hvy Flamer, Flamer and Combi-Flamer as the set up.

Give super glue a whirl. Easier to fix if you change your mind too.

Great stuff brother!

Theres somthing really electric about seeing the first steps of a new army being forged.

It reminds me of starting up my Blood Angel collection and how exited I was to get it all tabletop ready.

Are you working towards a specific first list, or are you just getting bits and peices of what you like best and building around that?

Give super glue a whirl. Easier to fix if you change your mind too.

I thought about it but I seen so many other players having to re-glue their before playing. 

Great stuff brother!

Theres somthing really electric about seeing the first steps of a new army being forged.

It reminds me of starting up my Blood Angel collection and how exited I was to get it all tabletop ready.

Are you working towards a specific first list, or are you just getting bits and peices of what you like best and building around that?

Well I am not to sure yet LoL

I know I needed troops so I started there, I know I want DC, not sure about heavy or FA yet. So I guess I am doing bits and pieces LoL.

I know who most likely this army will face ----- Orks, run by a buddy of mine, who some of the luckiest dice rolls. He has a huge force --- got like 20 killa cans, he has been buying them since 2nd Ed.

If you know you will be fighting Orks, that makes your future purchases a little easier.

You are off to a great start with your flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer Tactical squad. Flamers are AMAZING for taking out Ork Mobs.

For your first FA unit, I would strongly suggest a "meltacide" squad.

Thats 5 assault marines without their jumppacks. Give them 2x Meltas and give the sgt. a pair of Inferno pistols (or a combi-melta if you prefer) then slap them in a drop pod. This will be a great way of taking out some of those pesky Killkanz or any other Ork vehicle for that matter.

Another great counter to Orks that fits well with our BA style is a Frurioso Dreanaught in a drop pod. Give him a frag cannon and a heavy flamer and whatch your opponent weep as you drop 3 flame templates on any one of his ork infantry units turn one. It's almost a certain first blood scorer against the right target.

Are you leaning towards any particular HQ?

If you know you will be fighting Orks, that makes your future purchases a little easier.

You are off to a great start with your flamer, heavy flamer, combi-flamer Tactical squad. Flamers are AMAZING for taking out Ork Mobs.

For your first FA unit, I would strongly suggest a "meltacide" squad.

Thats 5 assault marines without their jumppacks. Give them 2x Meltas and give the sgt. a pair of Inferno pistols (or a combi-melta if you prefer) then slap them in a drop pod. This will be a great way of taking out some of those pesky Killkanz or any other Ork vehicle for that matter.

Another great counter to Orks that fits well with our BA style is a Frurioso Dreanaught in a drop pod. Give him a frag cannon and a heavy flamer and whatch your opponent weep as you drop 3 flame templates on any one of his ork infantry units turn one. It's almost a certain first blood scorer against the right target.

Are you leaning towards any particular HQ?

HQ - I was thinking of a Captain with Command Squad in a Razorback. Not sure of the load out - what for them to be armed with.

And when I get to the gaming store (30 miles away) - I would also be facing SoB for sure. One of my other buddies smile.png

Or maybe something more like my CSM days; Capt. in Terminator armor with a full squad of Terminators; it was a lot of fun in 2nd/3rd ed days.

But not sure how affective they are now.

Regular terminators arnt much scratch these days, but I find Thunderhammer / Storm Shield Terminators are awesome.

They are pretty slow, but if you teleport them in from deepstrike or pop them in a Landraider they can smuch pretty much anything on the charge.

Regular terminators arnt much scratch these days, but I find Thunderhammer / Storm Shield Terminators are awesome.

They are pretty slow, but if you teleport them in from deepstrike or pop them in a Landraider they can smuch pretty much anything on the charge.

So smash them - LoL I like it, like the landraider idea best my ork buddy he hates them - Redeemer I think for him, I was thinking of getting that kit and magnets so I can swap out weapons.

With SoB how are they on "popping" armor? never faced them.

SoB have access to ignore cover Melta and tanks that fire d6 S8 ap1 missiles, so they're a solid anti tank army.

Still they're only S3, but they can get fearless blob squads, which can mess stuff up. But to be honest once you engage them in combat they shouldn't give you much trouble.

Nice to see another BA enthusiast among us, interested to see how your army shapes up.

For Baal, for Sanguinius, for the emperor!

D

SoB have access to ignore cover Melta and tanks that fire d6 S8 ap1 missiles, so they're a solid anti tank army.

Still they're only S3, but they can get fearless blob squads, which can mess stuff up. But to be honest once you engage them in combat they shouldn't give you much trouble.

Nice to see another BA enthusiast among us, interested to see how your army shapes up.

For Baal, for Sanguinius, for the emperor!

D

Great thanks for the advise. I have never faced them so I was a little concerned.

SoB excel at two things: killing armour and killing Hordes. Lack of plasma access means they don't do too well against power armour (although obviously massed fire still applies and Melta will still pop a marine!). Watch out for rending heavy weapons though, especially heavy flamers, four of those can really mess things up as they ignore cover too naturally D:

I wanted to make a quick posting so everyone who been helping did not think I dropped off the face of the imperium.

The Reason for the lack of updates: WORK

The site I am in charge of had two officers quit without notice so I have been work 12hr shifts. And I have been trying to find some new security officers as well.

Later all.

I wanted to make a quick posting so everyone who been helping did not think I dropped off the face of the imperium.

The site I am in charge of had two officers quit without notice so I have been work 12hr shifts. And I have been trying to find some new security officers as well.

Later all.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I hate it when real life gets in the way of hobby.

Hopefully you'll be back up and hobbying soon.

D

Later all.

Sorry to hear that mate.

I hate it when real life gets in the way of hobby.

Hopefully you'll be back up and hobbying soon.

D

Thanks for the words of encouragement smile.png

And the Wife helped today she ordered these for me while I am working another 12hr shift

So Ladies and Gentlemen
Meet my Captain Sendini - Keeper of the Arsenal

Archived