Cohort Cybernetica

from the way I would like to build the cybernetica would be around 800 points so it's only 50 more than say, two paladins or two errants (or one of each) so it's about the same price for what? I'm sorry if I'm not understanding this right.

Two knights are definitely better. More dakka, can engage more targets, far more mobile, the list goes on.

Kastelans are good, but IMO overpriced. They should be a good 20 points cheaper per bot.

It could be that I'm spoiled by Castellax.

Alright I have made up the list I would like to run with the cohort at around 2,000pts:

Cohort Cybernetica: 

Tech Priest Dominus w/ IWND relic and Conversion field

x2 Datasmiths w/ Conversion fields

x4 Kastellen Robots w/ TL and Carapace Blasters

Skitarii Maniple:

Skitarii Vanguard with x10 vanguard, x3 arc rifles and omni-spex

Skitarii Vanguard with x10 vanguard, x3 arc rifles and omni-spex

Skitarii Vanguard with x10 vanguard, x3 arc rifles and data-tether

x3 Dragoons with taser lances

x2 Neutron laser Dunecrawlers

x2 Neutron laser Dunecrawlers

So Thats my list so far. The Cohort acts like a brick that walks up the middle and open fires at anything that moves while the skitarii kills vehicles and the neutron lasers handle tougher things.

I don't think the knights have more dakka than the formation. I mean even going with two Wardens the firepower is about even to the formation (24 Avenger bolt cannon shots versus 12 TL Phosphor blasters and 12 Carapace Phosphor guns) with the difference being ballistic skill. the formation gets some extra 2+ guys running around to collect wounds and you can put the warlord in the squad. I guess the difference is the speed and the str D chainswords?

I'm pushing the formation because I would like the dominus as a warlord and this feels like a cool way to add him.

I agree, putting the Warlord in this formation is a good benefit.

Also, when you look at the damage output, don't forget the canticles that let you reroll your 1s and the protocol that doubles your carapace shots.

- That is 12 twin linked shots

- 24 non twin linked, but rerolling 1s

- You can shoot at up to 4 targets

On average that are 23 hits, wounding most infantry on 2s, ignoring all armour expect TEQ.

This will also clance AV 12 to death, even without the armourbane pistols of the data smiths.

I agree, putting the Warlord in this formation is a good benefit.

Also, when you look at the damage output, don't forget the canticles that let you reroll your 1s and the protocol that doubles your carapace shots.

- That is 12 twin linked shots

- 24 non twin linked, but rerolling 1s

- You can shoot at up to 4 targets

On average that are 23 hits, wounding most infantry on 2s, ignoring all armour expect TEQ.

This will also clance AV 12 to death, even without the armourbane pistols of the data smiths.

yea, see thats a lot of daka for about the same price as two knights. I dunno maybe i'm not looking at it right. Money wise it would probably be the same price too.

Firepower wise, yes it's similar. But what you're overlooking is speed. The Knight is pounding 12" a turn, and you can't really run from it unless we're looking at some very fast units. To keep away from the Kastelans is much easier, and opponents that can disregard their HPBs will just pick them apart at range. Since you can't put them in a transport or use any deployment shenanigans without some crazy FW goofery, the Kastelans will always be a very slow unit that can fail to perform in situations that Knights will always excel.

That said, I'm not in love with having to take IKs in EVERY Imperium list, so anything that offers a viable (if not min-maxed) option is cool in my book. Really, the ideal would be to build a list that gets both . . . msn-wink.gif

Archived