2500pts Emperors Children, with/without Primarch

MorgothNL

You dont have a Spartan on that list...

soo....

Spartan + storm eagle in one list? Still has the problem with not allowing Eidolon and his awesome looking JP inside :(.

Outflanking the JP or infiltrating them won't work either in 7th (no charge allowed).

I'll see if I can come up with something that includes an Eagle and spartan.. That I like and fits EC in my view.

You dont have a Spartan on that list...

soo....

Lame post is lame.

Hold on there Morgoth, i'll drop a couple lists your way.

Just because I suggested an awesome looking Model and all-round reliable vehicle when he asked for suggestions on what to potentially add doesnt mean you have to be Snide/Rude. 

Best use for JP Units, especially EC who rely on Charges in Angels Wrath for Hit & Run. With that in mind, consider:

+++ EC Angels Wrath - Hard (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (205pts) +

Lord Commander Eidolon (205pts) [Jump Pack]
··Master of the Legion [Angel's Wrath]

+ Troops (600pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (300pts) [9x Legion Assault Space Marines, 2x Power Weapon]
··Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

Legion Assault Squad (300pts) [9x Legion Assault Space Marines, 2x Power Weapon]
··Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Phoenix Spear]

+ Elites (390pts) +

Palatine Blade Squad (390pts) [Jump packs, 9x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear]
··Palatine Prefector [Melta Bombs, Pheonix Spear]

+ Fast Attack (675pts) +

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter (235pts) [battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, 3x Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

Xiphon Interceptor (220pts) [Chaff Launcher, Ground-tracking Auguries]

Xiphon Interceptor (220pts) [Chaff Launcher, Ground-tracking Auguries]

+ Heavy Support (630pts) +

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (210pts) [Reaper Autocannon battery]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iII: Emperor's Children]

Created with BattleScribe

Most of it is reliant on reserve rolls so, yeah. But, With 2 Xiphons and a Kraken Lightning you should have enough Heavy Firepower to deal with Most Armor; the Kraken Lightning being able to Instagib Spartans in a single turn of shooting.

3 Fire Raptors = Lots of Dakka

use Hit & Run to get out of combat during your opponents turn and to charge back in or Slingshot across the Board.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone mentioned the need for a Spartan in a list, I'd be able buy at least three Primarchs.

As for my list, its minimal, hard hitting and uses the models you own(well, most at least). It operates much like a SoH list I run, deploy the pods close to terrain, jink and delete expensive tanks as neccessary, slap the Navigator on the footslogging Power Sword squad, and rest is up to you and your deployment.

+++ EC (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Lord Commander Eidolon

··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

Navigator

+ Troops +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters]

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Palatine Blade Squad [10x Palatine Warrior, 5x Pheonix Spear]

Palatine Blade Squad [8x Palatine Warrior, 5x Power Sword]

+ Fast Attack +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship [Twin-linked Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Lascannons]

+ Legion +

Its not that you need a Spartan, Its: if you want to run a CC unit that is on foot, their best form of Transportation is a Spartan.

If you aren't doing that, why use/buy the vehicle at all?

But, again, your still missing the point and being necessarily arrogant/rude in your dismissal: OP wanted a Suggestion on what to potentially add to the list. There was no Spartan on it, suggested it since its a solid unit and would make for an Alternative that takes less head bashing to work and would check all the Boxes the OP has with a Transport options.

Op said he wanted to run JP Unit but found the too fragile. Alternative? Remove Jump Packs, put them in a Vehicle. Av12 Drop Pods too flimsy for his Liking? Land Raiders. Not resilient enough / not enough space? Spartan.

If Op Wants to run a JP unit, his list will be based around them since you can't just slap em into a list an "voila it works". If you want Flyers to be your main transport, then its pretty much AirCav or bust since a Single Flyer Transport is a Dead Transport since Sicarans and Deredeos are Everywhere.

Hence my List. It has good anti-armor and anti-infantry punch and has Critical Mass on Flyers that make a list with just a single Anti-Air option unable to sufficiently deal with all the threats before being destroyed and since it has so many fliers, if your enemy has 1-2, your also in a very good position to take them out.

It also plays into the EC ideal of a Coordinated Strike. Everything has to work in concert.

++++

While your list is solid, it hinges on a single thing primarily: Random Charge Length.

Relying on Tac Vets to Charge a Vehicle and Melta Bomb it dead is not a sure-fire way of dealing with the problem they present mainly because you can fail a charge. The result, then, is one of two things happen:

1) they Get shot off the board, Melta Bomb Target continues on its merry way ignoring them or if not a CCDeathTaxi, backs up and shoots them.

2) (best case scenario), Embarked unit gets out and charges them and +/- wipes them off the board. You then shoot into the unit or counter-charge and deal some damage.

Which is why you see Hesh promote Graviton Cannons and Grav Dreads in pods so much. 2+ to strip a hull point at range with pretty much no way to miss is the safest way to deal with such units. Then, guess what? They're stuck in Graviton Dangerous/Difficult Terrain templates and cant move that much for possibly the rest of the game.

What does that do? It lets you contain and shoot their CC Deathmachine off the Board or ignore them as they stuggle to move more than 6" a turn while you go around the board capping objectives practically unopposed.

And in the process, you put none of your units at risk.

The problem then becomes: your list is very cookie cutter.

If you want to play to a theme, you have to be creative in the manner with which you deal with potential problem. Even the Xiphon, expensive as all hell as it may be, is a solid Anti-Tank Option if you decide to play AirCav and dont want to hedge all your bets on a KrakenLightning to dealing with Armor.

I base my use of Dreadclaws out of my personal experience of them, I own two of the original Dreadclaws. Melta bombs in my usage have brought Baneblades and Imperial Knights alike down.

Cookie cutter? Your repeating this Forums meta, I dont care what Hesh says because I dont need to validate my own ideas through Mathhammer. I play on the on table and form my own conclusions on the units I use.

As for your list, your essentially asking him to buy another army.

Chill out, I may be aggressive but I have nothing against you.

I base my use of Dreadclaws out of my personal experience of them, I own two of the original Dreadclaws. Melta bombs in my usage have brought Baneblades and Imperial Knights alike down.

Cookie cutter? Your repeating this Forums meta, I dont care what Hesh says because I dont need to validate my own ideas through Mathhammer. I play on the on table and form my own conclusions on the units I use.

As for your list, your essentially asking him to buy another army.

Chill out, I may be aggressive but I have nothing against you.

Yeah, Trust me, I'm trying real hard to get EC to work on my own end and its frustrating since, to me, the path of least resistance is Angels Wrath and its been boiling my blood a bit - so, no harm no foul, all water under the bridge - lets actually try to make EC work :p

And while I do repeat the forums Grav Heavy Ideology, I'm not 100% sold on it since it usually ends up strongly diluting the flavor of any given list; not something I like Since Flavor/Theme to me are more important that "I INSTAGIBBED YOUR SPARTAN! HA!" But thats just me.

While you're not wrong about the MeltaClaws, I have seen a Knight Lancer Senechal survive 5 rounds of CC vs 20 Medusan Immortals with Squadwide Melta Bombs hence my Apprehension.

Glad to see the tension has been solved, no need to get frustrated at each other, lets combine our frustration to the guy at FW who apparently hates EC unsure.png .

Thanks for alle the replies and suggestions!

@Theredknight, I'm sorry about the topic title, but I'm not building 2000pts lists but 2500. Does make quite the difference luckily :).

The Angels Wrath ROW is something I have considered, but I've also given up on that. Using Angels Wraith would mean building a list more or less as Slipstreams suggested, which means I will have spend about €1200 on stuff I don't use and need to spend another €1000+ to get my army. If it comes to this, I'd just go for a new army, different legion.

I haven't completely disapproved of a spartan, but when starting my EC, I wasn't planning on getting one. Everyone plays them, and I preferred a Storm Eagle for EC, hence I got that one. I don't think there is room for both in a 2500pts list.

I like your list at first glance WolfOfHorus, because it's quite close to what I've been running and contains quite some EC fluffy aspects/doctrines. It does have me a bit worried about the AT strategy.

- You have 2 units of palatines and 2 units of veterans.

- You have 2 dreadclaws and 1 eagle.

= Who's going to walk?

Having any of those walk, means expensive cannon fodder. Especially since they all want to be in CC. The palatines don't to anything at range, and the veterans are the only reliable AT option in the army. Which means the veterans would need to arrive first in the dreadclaws, but then 1 palatine group is walking. Did you maybe equip the unit of 10 palatines and Eidolon with JP?

I'm not so worried about the reliability of melta bombs, they work very well for me. What I did find out, is that putting more than about 7 veterans in a dreadclaw, is a waste of points for the reasons Slipstreams mentioned. The will get a tank destroyed almost for sure, but at what cost? 1 unit of 10 in a dreadclaw is 325 pts. Killing anything less than a spartan or LOW would be points thrown away. The WILL die the next turn. Either getting shot before they assault, or get shot + assaulted by the passengers and killed.

I'm going to calculate later. But maybe 10JP palatines + eidolon + medicae?, storm eagle with a few palatines/phoenix guard and 2 dreadclaws with MB veterans, could work. Depending on whats left in points for objective capturing units and fire support. (phoenix guard would add another unit to pride of the legion, since the veterans will die and would give a VP away). I think such a list might have so many nasty things for the enemy to focus on in the first 2 turns, that target saturation is bound to have some of the units arrive. Hopefully the dreadclaw turn 1 and the rest of the stuff coming on turn 2, can make the JP group a target that can not be afforded to shoot at.

haha yeah, was annoyed that this cool model he made sucked rules wise, and we laughed (for About 15 mins, a tear came out I think )

Ah that make sense, sorry I saw the title and assumed 2k.

If you want to run Storm eagle and not have it shot off the board it arrives in interceptor etc, if your not taking Maru skara, then how about a sky shield landing pad? Storm eagle on the board t1, with a 3+ inv? Yes please!

With what you have listed, it will be tough to make up a winning list, sorry, it is a fact, I tried them all and lost hence 14 loss streak (very frustrating) it's like playing on hard mode.

When I play Maru skara, im often outflanking vets with mm and mb tank hunters in rhino, or a contemptor claw (1 dread grav/fist, other twin kheres)

Ec are best played hammer and anvil.

I have always found 2 units of 15 tacticals with apothecary and tooled sgt as a solid base to soak fire and take objectives. I tool them with bp ccw or additional weapons. As I run them up I never really use the bolters.

You need some shooting power, so sicaran, or 2 preds in a sqn, I prefer cheap auto/hvy bolter ones. Or quad mortars/rapiers in units of 2. Or vindi las. There are plenty of options there. A solid choice is deredeo, it has made its points back every game as target saturation means that they are shooting at priority targets.

Basivlaly your blades need transport, so your choices are either

A) rhino - try to hide in deployment, then burn it 6" up and deploy 6" then run ino some sort of cover and hope for a t2 charge.

b) land raider phobos -tank the shots and for 12-18 on the board then ram blades down the enemy throat. The risk you run is that they will be exposed and open to counter charge.

C) dreadclaw - dpa, fly into safer place, try to get t2 assault, same goes for countercharge.

d) flyer - pros and cons already explained.

E) jump packs with primus

Let me know if I missed anything guys?

You want AT, but not Heavy Support, Melta Bomb Veterans do that and take care of your Troop tax.

As for walking Palatines, thats just points, its a tight fit with 2 EC units at 2000.

Wait 2500? Well, that solves alot of problems, Ill drop a couple more lists.

Close to the other list before,but not quite.

+++ EC (2500pts) +++

+ HQ +

Lord Commander Eidolon

+ Troops +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [Flamer, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters]

··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Power Weapon]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [Flamer, 8x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [Legion Apothecary, Legion Apothecary]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Extra Armour, Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Palatine Blade Squad [9x Palatine Warrior, 4x Pheonix Spear]

··Palatine Prefector [Pheonix Spear]

Palatine Blade Squad [9x Palatine Warrior, 9x Power Sword, Sonic Shriekers]

··Palatine Prefector [Pheonix Spear]

+ Fast Attack +

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron

··Land Raider Phobos [Auxiliary Drive, Twin-Linked Bolter]

Legion Vindicator [Laser Destroyer Array]

+ Legion +

Ok, I'm starting to like what I see here and there. Doesn't seem much different from what I was running/wanted to run, but has some more potential here and there.

As for making a list that will have chance of winning:

I actually win about 3/4 times at least. So it's not that I can't stand losing. Most lists I come up against are quite a bit stronger then mine, just because of the better options they have. Most of the time I end up running an EC list that has hardly any EC aspects left tbh, apart from a unique HQ and 1 elite slot (palatines or phoenix guard).

Even a underpowered list can go quite for if you play it well, don't make any deployment, movement, positioning and target priority mistakes yourself, and force your opponent to make difficult choices (especially on target priority). I win most my games because of strategy alone, not because of the list. 

But I don't enjoy the game because I win games, I enjoy it because I need to love my army and the way I can play it. I take a lot of joy out of seeing my opponent just panic when I run and move fast in T1 and just control the board then and there. The don't get why you don't fire that Sicaran the first turn, but let me tell you, move it flat out flanking combined with jetbikes flanking the other side and an anvillus right in his face... and he will know why you did that when you start eating at all of his weak points in T2.

But then it's still frustrating when you're shiny units (palatines) arrive, and they get eaten to bits and pieces by anything really. 

I think I'll just equip my Eidolon model with the Jump Pack, and assume that no opponent is lame enough to call me on that WYSIWYG when I run him in a transport. (maybe magnetise the JP in the hope he'll ever be able to join a decent unit with JP.

I'll start taking all the advices into account in a minute, and come up with a new list + forgeworld basket :P

Ok, so how is this:

+++ EC (2500pts) +++

+ HQ +

Lord Commander Eidolon

Legion Centurion [Consul, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Artificer Armour, Sonic Shrieker, Power Fist]

+ Troops +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [6x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier]

Phoenix Guard Terminator Squad [4x Phoenix Terminators, Grenade Harness]
··Phoenix Champion

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Palatine Blade Squad [9x Palatine Warrior, 4x Phoenix Spear]
··Palatine Prefector [Phoenix Spear, Melta Bombs]

+ Fast Attack +

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship [Two Twin-linked Lascannons]

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship

+ Heavy Support +

+ Legion +

Eidolon would be with the Phoenix Guard in 1 Eagle, and the Centurion (Medicae, Chaplain, Champion?) would be with the Palatines. This gives both squads some AT punch and are both to be 'equally feared'. So that's target saturation for my opponent, and I don't think it will be much difference to me, which squad survives (prefer both biggrin.png ).

So they would hopefully arrive T2. A champion centurion could guarantee that, which is why he's an option.

The small veteran squad with melta bombs would come in T1 (or even T2 is playing maru skara... even more target saturation T2 then). They would of course go for the toughest armour.

The large veteran squad will be in a Rhino to be deployed at the start. They will go and find a nice spot to be annoying from. Probably hiding behind terrain T1 if possible. Having melta bombs on them gives the option to move them up if the enemy has lots of armour, if there's a need for it because of an objective, or if the small squad has a hard time on it's own).

I think this might work, and I would be using nearly everything I have already happy.png . I have 10 pts left, so might give one contemptor lascannons, or put some extra armour on something.

The centurion still has some options. I could make it a Medicae for the extra survivability of the Palatines, make it a Chaplain and perhaps have it join Eidolon, or make it a Champion so I can play Maru Skara). Points may very in these choices depending on the fact if he's going to need a fist or not for example.

But if he's not joining the palatines, then they would have to get shriekers for an extra 20pts.

So, what do you guys think?

yes sorry I meant the ec specific units, they are limited in use compared to say, red butchers or reavers.

Being the higher initiative means you get first strike, but you need to crush them in a turn, it's like we don't quite have enough to do that, maybe it was designed like that, who knows.

I might try that little trick with my sicaran, and maybe las vindi!

yes sorry I meant the ec specific units, they are limited in use compared to say, red butchers or reavers.

Being the higher initiative means you get first strike, but you need to crush them in a turn, it's like we don't quite have enough to do that, maybe it was designed like that, who knows.

I might try that little trick with my sicaran, and maybe las vindi!

All you really need to do in Combat with EC is not die.

If you have Fulgrim on the Board thats +2CR. Phoenix Guard make any Tie a Win. So, unless you somehow lose literally every model in a squad but 1 you should stand a Reasonable chance of winning combat (unless you in turn dealt no damage) and potentially sweeping (You've got Crusader, after all).

If the above never happens?

http://godlessmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

That sounds a fair list tbh. Have you tried a deredeo? Might be worth swapping a Mortis out, increased range, and sunder, and the missiles can pin or pop side arnour. Maybe keep the other as close support for your guys.

If you can, give any centurions a boarding shield, it's cheap and doesn't affect your spear attacks anyway. Negates enemy charge bonuses and you can chuck a blind grenade before the charge, sonetimes it works.then your fighting ws1 guys :-D I usually forget!

Let us know how you get on, it's always good to hear back

Just saw your post - crusader sucks in combat, it never goes off! You either crush them anyway, or not cause enough damage, then your at a disadvantage.

That sounds a fair list tbh. Have you tried a deredeo? Might be worth swapping a Mortis out, increased range, and sunder, and the missiles can pin or pop side arnour. Maybe keep the other as close support for your guys.

If you can, give any centurions a boarding shield, it's cheap and doesn't affect your spear attacks anyway. Negates enemy charge bonuses and you can chuck a blind grenade before the charge, sonetimes it works.then your fighting ws1 guys :-D I usually forget!

Let us know how you get on, it's always good to hear back

Just saw your post - crusader sucks in combat, it never goes off! You either crush them anyway, or not cause enough damage, then your at a disadvantage.

I've thought about a Deredeo, but decided not to include one in this army. It looks too beefy for EC rolleyes.gif , so I would include that in my next legion.

I might as well give my centurion a boarding shield, especially if I give him a power fist, since he won't be getting the extra attack anyways.

Never even read the shooting profile of defensive grenades! That's quite awesome biggrin.png , thanks for pointing that out.

I also realised the Champion is no option, for my list would need to change completely, since I won't be able to take veterans and phoenix guard as troops anymore (assuming bringing a champion would mean I would be going for Maru Skara).

So that means it's most likely going to be a Medicae with Power Fist and Boarding Shield joining the Palatines, or a Chaplain with a phoenix spear joining the phoenix guard. I would't give him a boarding shield if he joins the phoenix guard, because if they get charged, they're dead anyways tongue.png .

I'm about 60/40 in favour of a chaplain with Eidolon atm, but maybe I should unleash some kind of mathhammer on this to decide what would be the most effective in this list.

I really like that I'm actually using both palatines and phoenix guard in this list biggrin.png , hope it works.

- My 2 cents on the crusader rule: it has never done anything for me, I hardly run with my models in this list, and when I do, it's rarely important to roll high. I use my transports at full speed to get where I need to be. The better chance of sweeping? Like Theredknight said, we usually just wipe the opponent off the board, or we get charged, which renders us unable to do any decent damage at all.

Besides... If a few guys do survive, I WANT them to STAY. Because that means my squishy units won't be able to get shot at. I sometimes make a multiple assault just to make this happen. It's easier for EC to survive an extra round of CC against a nearly destroyed enemy, than it is to take a round of bolter fire or worse.

I have been thinking of trying out a forge Lord with rad grenades with my phoenix Termies, at t3, we would be sounding on 2s. To make them really what they should be, they also need a chaplain to re roll those misses.

I have been using 2 squads of 3 jetbikes with volkite and meltabombs with done success. Once Youv turbo boosted t1 next to those weak medusas and other stuff, they will attract all the fire leaving got sicaran and dreads to roll up/ charge range. They even survived to finish off a malcador.

I agree if you use Maru skara you won't have that list.

If you did, have you thought about 6 vets in an Achilles outflanking? That's got to be pretty tough with those mm and quad mortar.

Your welcome about the shield, anything to give is an advantage!

I have been thinking of trying out a forge Lord with rad grenades with my phoenix Termies, at t3, we would be sounding on 2s. To make them really what they should be, they also need a chaplain to re roll those misses.

I have been using 2 squads of 3 jetbikes with volkite and meltabombs with done success. Once Youv turbo boosted t1 next to those weak medusas and other stuff, they will attract all the fire leaving got sicaran and dreads to roll up/ charge range. They even survived to finish off a malcador.

I agree if you use Maru skara you won't have that list.

If you did, have you thought about 6 vets in an Achilles outflanking? That's got to be pretty tough with those mm and quad mortar.

Your welcome about the shield, anything to give is an advantage!

A forge lord AND a Chaplain.. thats about 265pts to make the 265pts of the Phoenix Guard work. And in my case I would also be adding someone like Eidolon or a praetor (always want a cool HQ in my list). So that's very points inefficient in my eyes even without a Eidolon. Though the idea is cool :).

This is the problem with EC: palatines need a Medicae, Phoenix guard need a chaplain or forgelord. Means we need to invest a lot of points, to make already over-costed units work.

But I like that we all stick to those EC units anyways :). Forge World will eventually reward us with decent rules! (yes I am delusional)

If you're on the Fence about a Deredeo, look up Kizzdougs.

I googled this name and googled this name + 'Deredeo'. Did you want me to look him up to see his model and convince me it's awesome? I do like what he did on the frond armour and helmet with the eagles and cloth, but the paintjob is throwing me off -.-. But you did convince me it's possible to make a Deredeo look like something that fits in an EC army smile.png. So yes, I'm going to see if I have points for it, though I don't think I will if I want to run something close to the list I posted.

Alright! 

I think I'm there, I'm quite confident that this list will work well, will be cool looking, has many EC elements and will be fun to play.

Unless someone really points out something that won't work or can be done much better, I'll order what I'm missing, this evening (in about 8 hours).

+++ EC (2500pts) +++

+ HQ +

Lord Commander Eidolon

Legion Centurion [Chaplain, Melta Bombs, Boarding Shield, Artificer Armour, Sonic Shrieker] (and free power weapon)

+ Troops +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [6x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Tank Hunters]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant 

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Leglion Vexilla, Tank Hunters, 2x Missile Launcher and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier]

Phoenix Guard Terminator Squad [4x Phoenix Terminators, Grenade Harness]
··Phoenix Champion

+ Elites +

Palatine Blade Squad [9x Palatine Warrior, 4x Phoenix Spear, Sonic Shriekers]
··Palatine Prefector [Phoenix Spear, Melta Bombs]

+ Fast Attack +

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship [Two Twin-linked Lascannons] (Ride for the Palatines)

Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship [Extra Armour] (Ride for Eidolon, Phoenix Guard and Chaplain)

+ Heavy Support +

+ Legion +

Please let me know what you think, like I said, I'll be ordering soon :D

Seems like a good list. Now that you have it mostly ironed out, I'll be interested in hearing how you do.

Part of me is wary of having so many close combat units in reserve, with no highly reliable way of ensuring their timely arrival. This seems like an odd choice to make when Emperor's Children are one of the most proficient legions at ensuring reserves arrive when you want them to via Fulgrim and the Maru Skara Rite of War. IMO this would be a far better Fulgrim list then an Eidolon one since you already have a Chaplain for your mandatory HQ.

What about swapping Eidolon for Fulgrim and dropping one of the Kheres Mortis Dreadnaughts? Put in some 15 points worth of shavings (Extra Armour and a Vexilla on the Vets possibly) and it really opens up what this list is capable of. You aren't suffering for anti-air, given you have two Storm Eagles, so the loss of a Mortis wouldn't hurt you that bad.

It also allows you to select your Warlord Trait, which has major consequences for this army. I'll leave it up to you to decide which one would work best, but I have some ideas. :)

Archived