1500 pts iron hands list, pride of the legion

AlphariusOmegon108

Heya,

I made the following list, it's the style I enjoy playing, let me know what you think!

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

Preator+ Paragon blade, iron halo, melta bombs

9 veterans+ all with melta bombs, artificer armor, rhino+ combi weapon

2x 10 veterans+ 2 heavy flamers per squad, 1 melta bomb, artificer, Rhino+ combi weapon

2x vindicators+ machine spirit

Sicaran+ heavy bolter sponsons

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

This all bring the list to 1445 pts, so still 55 pts to spend

It's a small fast moving and very tactical list, all veterans get the sniper special rule (so drive-by rhino's who are able to let two veterans shoot with sniper heavy flamers (cough.. rending cough)

Why the combi weapons on the rhino's? I play against alot of 40k armies (space marines and orks alot), so combi-melta's are very usefull for me

I will use iron hands tactics, just to make my vets just a bit more surviveable

Let me know what you think!

Just noticed that you have melta bombs on the Sergeants - with Veterans you only have the option to equip the whole squad with melta bombs, albeit at a discount. Also, Iron Hands Independent Characters can take a Cyber-familiar for a juicy 3++ save, which is awesome!

If you swap Machine Spirit for laser destroyer arrays, you should have just enough points left to pay for those upgrades above, and take 2 heavy flamers on the 3rd squad.

Archived