Immolator gone from UK store

Rasp

As I mentioned further up, I could probably use about two more. Well, assuming I ever get around to actually playing again, that is. Even if Sisters finally do get a new combo vehicle kit later on, it seems unlikely there would be a majorly better transport option available. Problem is I can't afford them at least for the next two months. Bah. Hopefully they'll still be around then msn-wink.gif Bigger question is the Exorcist, whether or not to get a second one. Rules-wise it seems a good idea, but a fully plastic kit would be nicer now that I at least have one of the original for collecting purposes.

They are iconic, buy another.

Personally owning less than 3 makes me question your faith. ;)

Well, three's kinda so so, since I spent money buying 4 Heavy Bolter sisters I kinda like having a Retributor squad in there too :P Though 4 Heavy Flamers would be awesome too, but alas I only have one of 'em so far.

That, and the current Exorcist takes quite a bit of work to assemble, and is tricksy to transport.

The Exorcist is a living icon of the sisters and the most reconizable tank we have ever had the privilege to field.

Its reasonably priced and provides solid long range power for our forces, the very image itself should be venerated and shall be sought after for decades to come once it fades from the store.

It is a difficult tank to assemble and takes a little learning to use well but no one said faith would be easy.

I was talking to someone at work who plays (Guard and DA mostly) and mentioned that I was going to get an Exorcist eventually. He visibly shuddered! laugh.png

Personally owning less than 3 makes me question your faith. msn-wink.gif

Question at your own peril. I don't own a single organ-type exorcist, and only one Forge World exorcist. My second is a scratchbuild, and not an especially good one.

Question at your own peril. I don't own a single organ-type exorcist, and only one Forge World exorcist. My second is a scratchbuild, and not an especially good one.

None is more faithful than Sister Miko happy.png I didn't know that FW did one. Was it a complete kit or an upgrade?

Mind you, I really do like how the Exorcist looks once assembled. I've yet to assemble mine though. I guess I could give it a try. But compared to a Whirlwind-as-proxy it really seems "inconvenient" as it were :P But indeed, faith isn't always easy...

The forgeworld one was cheaper for a while as well, until they jacked the price and so I went with the (imo) better looking GW version. Now I have 2, but I only ever use 1 :p

I don't like the organ as a rocket launcher. If it were a morale/buff vehicle, I'd use it, but not as an MLRS.

This isn't the best picture, but this is my FW exorcist - It actually combines two FW kits, the Exorcist and the Deimos Mk2 Rhino - to match the design of my conversion (which is an actual GW Mk2 rhino).

The organ isn't the launcher though, that's down in the hull with the little servitor you can see the missiles in a silo. All the tank needs is skulls and bald shouting men (ideally pointing) and it'd sum up 40k neatly :P It definitely needs a tasty bonus rule for nearby Sister units as it's supposed to be a symbol of the Emperor as much as a tool to smite his enemies.

The organ isn't the launcher though, that's down in the hull with the little servitor you can see the missiles in a silo. All the tank needs is skulls and bald shouting men (ideally pointing) and it'd sum up 40k neatly :P It definitely needs a tasty bonus rule for nearby Sister units as it's supposed to be a symbol of the Emperor as much as a tool to smite his enemies.

We've had this discussion before, but it's actually implied through former rules that the organ is indeed the 'barrel'.

The silo bit is probably the loading mechanism :p

None is more faithful than Sister Miko happy.png I didn't know that FW did one. Was it a complete kit or an upgrade?

You say that with such conviction but alass I know of one other.

The Legends say if you speak the name "Sisters of Battle" three times he appears. ;) (The guy runs the Sisters FB group and is looply as all hell about his ordo)

None the less not owning one at the least is disapointing, they are such a well know beauty.

The Very image of them inspires terror in the enemies of the emperor.

The FW kit was a disapointing on, essentially it was a circular Whirlwind missile launcher, nothing really stood out about it or looked iconic... Hell it did not even look memorable, justa lack luster design.

Someone said we need something that shoots missiles and thats it, would of worked well for an automated anti air turret. :P

The GW kit looks cool, very Sistery. The problem is that it's a bit of a pain to build and not cheap - a prime candidate for plastics... along with the rest of the range tongue.png

It is a pain to build, stop from fallin apart, greenstuff the gaps and then make sure it does not fall apart when transporting.

Its still the only model I have that can pop a wheelie under its own power due to its weight.

The organ isn't the launcher though, that's down in the hull with the little servitor you can see the missiles in a silo. All the tank needs is skulls and bald shouting men (ideally pointing) and it'd sum up 40k neatly tongue.png It definitely needs a tasty bonus rule for nearby Sister units as it's supposed to be a symbol of the Emperor as much as a tool to smite his enemies.

He is right, all the missile tubes are around the servitor loader, thats the only reason he was there, I do find the idea of that being the firing point though off, was he is holding the missile pointing down it leads me to think he drops the missile into them which are then funneled into the pipes themselves.

It does make me question though the point of a visible loading point when it could of easily of been inside the tank itself. :P

Most tournaments though count LOS from the pilot at the front of the tank and excuse the organ as discount it for LOS for being shot at or shooting from.

Some folks would argue it can not draw LOS as its barrels point straight up. :P

I've got three converted exorcists, all from eBay

* one FW, but guy I bought it from glued the turret so it couldn't rotate and the launcher broke in shipping

* one a whirlwind conversion

* third appears to be a custom launcher I don't recognize on a Rhino

I've yet to actually field three, but I certainly made my Tyranid opponent respect them last night after one took down a Carnifex and another took down his Tervigon on turn 1 with the help of one of my Dominion Squads. I got the first turn and had him down to his Flyrant vs almost my entire army before the start of his second, with only two Immolators and a handful of Sisters dead on my side.

I actually felt pretty bad about it, truth be told. Granted, it makes up for his Slaanesh daemons tabling my army in three turns a month or so ago but still...

Pity is the doorway that leads to weakness and weakness leads to temptation and finaly temptation into heresy.

Banish it from your soul and steel yourself against the horrors of the warp for it is our duty to clense the galaxy with holy promethium.

i have one exorcist that I converted. I used the mounting mechanism from a whirlwind and swapped in the round missile pods from a valkyrie kit. Most people look at it and think its the FW one. It is rarely used these days however...

Currently sisters are largely fleet based, since they are on a holy crusade, so I have been filling their HS slots with Avengers for the last 8 months. I have also started using Arvus Lighters too ( the only other flyer we can use in our list), and I have really liked them. People laugh at it, but to have a drop pod that you can redeploy with is not such a terrible thing for a dominion squad.

i have one exorcist that I converted. I used the mounting mechanism from a whirlwind and swapped in the round missile pods from a valkyrie kit. Most people look at it and think its the FW one. It is rarely used these days however...

Currently sisters are largely fleet based, since they are on a holy crusade, so I have been filling their HS slots with Avengers for the last 8 months. I have also started using Arvus Lighters too ( the only other flyer we can use in our list), and I have really liked them. People laugh at it, but to have a drop pod that you can redeploy with is not such a terrible thing for a dominion squad.

We can Also use Marauder Destroyers and Bombers as well, the former is allot more powerful and with full load out costs just over 500 points but in a single run I have killed 2 Ravagers and 7 raiders with it. ;)

That flyer is not much cop and its armaments are laughable, better using aquilla transports in my eyes. ;)

We also have Avenger Strike Fighters as fliers. tongue.png Not to be sniffed at. To be honest, we're pretty up there on the flier stakes these days.

Flying rhinos, strike fighters with good AA capabilities, and super-heavy bombers. What more do you need?

We can Also use Marauder Destroyers and Bombers as well, the former is allot more powerful and with full load out costs just over 500 points but in a single run I have killed 2 Ravagers and 7 raiders with it. msn-wink.gif

That flyer is not much cop and its armaments are laughable, better using aquilla transports in my eyes. msn-wink.gif

true enough- I wasn't counting super-heavies. I use a Knight Castigator in that spot currently... If I had a marauder I would be thrilled to use it.

Archived