Love the Aliens Reference :tongue.:

Which one?

It's Monday think no brain too Gud!

If there isn't any, then damn, there are a lot of Similarities LOL Its also monday for me and I'm already done. 3 Days at a Metal Festival has worn me out :tongue.:

Hidden Content

http://www.scififreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/xenomorph2.jpg

This is what I immediately thought about reading the description of the Banshee.

Edited by Slipstreams

Love the Aliens Reference :P

Which one?

It's Monday think no brain too Gud!

If there isn't any, then damn, there are a lot of Similarities LOL Its also monday for me and I'm already done. 3 Days at a Metal Festival has worn me out :p

Hidden Content

http://www.imgbase.info/images/safe-wallpapers/tv_movies/aliens/40110_aliens_xenomorph.jpg

This is what I immediately thought about reading the description of the Banshee.

I was imagining giant hairless chimp with a toothless eyeless whales head. So yeah they is a resemblance. Edited by Demus Ragnok

As another posit for character execution, I wouldn't mind putting forward Sorrowsworn Morro before he gives it up. Would require some jiggery of the time line to ensure continuity, but perhaps the use of him as the executioner could begin to turn him to something more against the Emperor. 

I see Morro as the Khan equivalent; but more sociopathic, phelgmatic, and less caring about the loss of "Imperial life"; happy to go ahead with orders, and self moralizing the orders internally, before becoming more like the Dark Prince side of Curze (rather than an insane killer). He doesn't particularly care about the fact he's been ordered to kill a Primarch; the fact that the order came from the Emperor (or his chosen representative) was enough. 

I'll leave it up to a vote though unless people have anything against it. 

The reason I asked for Loyalists was because I'm trying to even out the 'screen time'. Alex, Icarion, Alexos, and Kozja already have big roles, so was looking for someone else. Which is why I wasn't going to choose Daer'dd because now he has his own major legacy shaping up. (No offense, Redd).

Morro is definitely a candidate for the deed.

Lunch break = speed, catch-up post.

Alright, Depth's Successionist Primarch is going to be executed. Do we have any Loyalist Primarchs willing to get their hands dirty for the Emperor?

If nobody else wants this role, Azus could get rid of him.  However, this would be more of a solo mission, armed with nought but his rifle sorta thing, as I feel he is more suited to being assassin than executioner in the way Russ was in the canonverse.  If ANYONE else wants this role for their Primarch, please take it.  I'm suggesting Azus simply as a failsafe.

As far as an execution goes you know Daer'dd has no issue with getting his hands dirty if the Emperor orders it. Sure he might not relish in it, but he'll do it.

While this may be true, I'm afraid that this may make them resemble the Space Wolves too much, with fearsome nordic style animals as totem animals, a sort of barbarian theme AND the Emperor's executionner...

However, he might lead the dropsite massacre equivalent, (though he would probably not be killed like Manus, since he isn't quite as hot-headed from what I gather)

EDIT : saw the following posts later

For the Qarith, I'd also be wary of pushing the gene-manipulation theme too far. Its important to not make this alternate timeline entirely about the gene-manipulation, rather than a whole series of events and themes, which each make the newverse richer.

The reason I asked for Loyalists was because I'm trying to even out the 'screen time'. Alex, Icarion, Alexos, and Kozja already have big roles, so was looking for someone else. Which is why I wasn't going to choose Daer'dd because now he has his own major legacy shaping up. (No offense, Redd).

Morro is definitely a candidate for the deed.

The Jackals could fight for the loyalists, but still turn renegade at the end of it all. The idea being Jackel is disgusted by what the gene-revolutionists to their bodies, and wants no part of the corruption of chaos, and still hates the Emperor. During the lead up to the dropsite massacre, he sees the mutations visited upon the Eagle Warriors and such, and secretly offers his services to the loyalists. 

Sigismund, it has potential, and I think we should keep the name, if nothing else. For this aspect of the project, I'm going to defer to Demus. He's the one who gave us this ides, so I think he's earned the right to build it's foundation. If you're willing, Demus. 

I do have a request. I think that somewhere in this campaign, one of the critical planets for victory should be an Oceanic world. Time to give our naval marines a chance to shine.

I think the Qarith should be way more Lizardmen like, using the gene enhancing only for warriors and stuff, and not actual evolution, this is what Sigismund intended at least. Large lizardmen like creatures using gene enhancements for war...

Simison asked me to lead the Qarith project. So I am.

I've completed the Primarch Discovery list. The only reason it might change is if the story requires it. Also, Hesh, I think Morro gets the dubious honor of executing the Secessionist. 

The Jackals could fight for the loyalists, but still turn renegade at the end of it all. The idea being Jackel is disgusted by what the gene-revolutionists to their bodies, and wants no part of the corruption of chaos, and still hates the Emperor. During the lead up to the dropsite massacre, he sees the mutations visited upon the Eagle Warriors and such, and secretly offers his services to the loyalists. 

This might happen just to make sure the Loyalists aren't completely curb-stomped at the beginning. Keep this one in reserve for now.

Sigismund, it has potential, and I think we should keep the name, if nothing else. For this aspect of the project, I'm going to defer to Demus. He's the one who gave us this ides, so I think he's earned the right to build it's foundation. If you're willing, Demus. 

I do have a request. I think that somewhere in this campaign, one of the critical planets for victory should be an Oceanic world. Time to give our naval marines a chance to shine.

I think the Qarith should be way more Lizardmen like, using the gene enhancing only for warriors and stuff, and not actual evolution, this is what Sigismund intended at least. Large lizardmen like creatures using gene enhancements for war...

Sorry if I offended you

Whoa whoa whoa. Snippy attitude there bud. This is a community deal, and while you may have the right of "creatorship", having it appeal to a community seems best way forward. 

Dude...

Whoa whoa whoa. Snippy attitude there bud. This is a community deal, and while you may have the right of "creatorship", having it appeal to a community seems best way forward. 

Dude...

Not snippy.

Dude.

Just a statement of fact. Whatever we decide is what we ( the community) decide. Just trying to do my part.

Sorry if I offended you

No offense taken.

Just wasn't sure if you knew that Simison had asked for my input.

Alright lads, settle down, don't make me come over there. I'm too tipsy to stop myself trying to :censored: your leg(s) and no-one wants that.

No one wants that, Raktra....no, really, no. I will stab you if you come too close!

I hope we are :biggrin.: I just dont have the time to read through 290 posts. so big chance I miss stuff :wink:

And all of it in the span of 5 days. 5 days! I remember when I felt so proud to hit 300 posts on my lost legion thread, and that took me 5 months!

Edited by simison

Guys calm down. Demus, no need to be so snappy about it. Alpharius, this is a communuty project so it's worth hearing everyones ideas.

On a different note, how about explaining Gwahirs long time around by warpy shenanigans? Like he got dumped on a planet 400 years before our timeline Great Crusade begins?

Also, Hectarion would get his hands dirty for the Emperor if it was ordered.

Guys calm down. Demus, no need to be so snappy about it. Alpharius, this is a communuty project so it's worth hearing everyones ideas.

On a different note, how about explaining Gwahirs long time around by warpy shenanigans? Like he got dumped on a planet 400 years before our timeline Great Crusade begins?

Also, Hectarion would get his hands dirty for the Emperor if it was ordered.

My thought with the xenos is that there are wildly different specialized bio forms. Space Bats, lizard men, amphibians and so on.

Yeah the warp warping Gwahirs through time is a unique wrinkle. I'm just not sure how long would be to long.

Some stuff I wrote about the II experimenting with various of my version of he Qariths internal organs

Poseko sawed his way through the Qariths bone breastplate. In front of him was a large arial Qarith, with enormours leathery wings behind it. He'd already examined the wings and the results had been underwhelming. What he was looking for this time was the box some of the more junior apothaceries had told him resided inside these creatures chests. Such a device could prove incredibly usefull in the right hands.

When his narcethiums saw had gone through the breastplate, he switched to a scalpel and sliced through the creatures leathery skin. Once he was through that, he was free to examine the creatures internal systems. Heart, lungs....boring. He ripped the lungs out of the creatures body and threw them over his shoulder. He could find no evidence of a box. Then he noticed it. A small, quivering organ connected to the creatures heart. Not bothering with a scalpel, Poseko simply wrenched it out. His narcethium was begining to tell him various statistics it could find out about the organ. He didn't pay any attention to those. Instead, he stuck his tongue out and licked the organ. Hmm....fascinating. It showed evidence of producing combat drugs and hormones organic to the creature. Only one way of finding out.

As Poseko walked towards the cages of animals he kept in his apothacerian, someone else burst in. A junior apothacery, who Poseko believed was called Huicatii, had entered. Turning with a crazed looked in his eyes, Poseko looked at Huicatii. No signs of instability with gene seed implantation, nor any side effects. Perfect. "Chief Apothacery" began Huicatii. Before he could finish, Poseko rammed a needle from his narcethium into Huicatii's throat. "Shush now" said Poseko "It's far more conveniant if test subjects are silent during implantation. Wouldn't you agree?"