Also, what happens to Ullanor in this timeline? Changing all the primarchs doesn't change the fact that ullanoris still the largest waaghh in the galexy. Requiring an incredible allotment of imperial resources to exterminate. Edited by Athrawes

I guess I just don't see the appeal of making the triumph include one of the cannon alien races. I think it could be so much more interesting to go the gene-splicing alien empire route. It would give us a blank canvas to creat a truly worthy alien species to pummel for the triumph.

I guess I just don't see the appeal of making the triumph include one of the cannon alien races. I think it could be so much more interesting to go the gene-splicing alien empire route. It would give us a blank canvas to creat a truly worthy alien species to pummel for the triumph.

Simison, what say you to a vote?

On xenos enemies, what if, the not Tyranids are actually an advanced race that uses a variety genetically engineered bio forms as their military forces. That could give some underlying tension as the more genetically liberal primarch try to salvage some of the xenos genetech. Think Asgaard from StarGate but with focus on genetics, building various different classes of "soldiers".

Shameless plug for my idea again.

I was already wavering when the gene-splicing Xenos were first introduced. We could use that as the trigger for the Prosecution.

So far, only Raktra and Alpharius were for the Nids. Alpharius has already changed his mind, and I don't think Raktra was dead set on them. Plus, with the gene war forms, we can give the Berserkers the fight they want without invoking the Nids.

I don't think a vote is necessary. Let's go with this new, gene-manipulating Xeno race. And to remove the Ullanor question, this race could've killed the Warboss before he had the chance to amass his empire.

What if instead of any single race, an alliance of dozens of races including Human, Ab-Humans, Demiurge, Slaan, Eldar, Hrud, Clawed Fiends, and a feth tonne more cannon and non cannon species. Effectively in our time line The Cabal isn't working cloak and dagger, but actually trying to wipe out humanity with massive forces to stop Chaos. I think it gives us still immersion into typical classic races and yet we still have freedom. Plus if an Old One or a couple of them still floating around we could actually have seriously challenging fights for the Primarchs.

Whoops was writing when sim posted.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd

As an idea for a race, this is just something I wrote a few minutes ago. It's only a vague idea and if people don't like it that's fine

"The Qarith are one of the most monstrous xenos species we have yet to encounter. They stand upright like us yet they are so different. Each one is easily a head taller than an astartes warrior. They utter no words but seem to comunicate using some form of telepathy, of which a side effect is their crests changing colour. Those of our librarians who are unshielded from the effects of this vile race soon begin to bleed from their eyes and ears, gradually sliding into madness.

As far as the enemies non pyschic combat ability goes, they are a formidable opponent. Each one of them is tough, with an exo skeleton of some biological material as of yet unknown to us. The largest of these beasts is able to withstand up to 120 rounds on full auto. In combat, they have an elaborate form of bio tech. While many of their weapons seem to function like our own power weapons, scything through power armour like paper, they seem to have been grown from bone. I'm begining to wonder if thede creatures haven't grown these weapons from their own bodies since meeting us. The casualty statistics seem to suggest such an occurence, as does my disection of one of these creatures, where I discovered a gland which seems to enable these monstrosities to adapt hideously fast.

We will hold them as long as we can but our casualties are rapidly rising. We can't hold them off for much longer. Only the full might of the Imperium can stop them. We shall die in the name of th Imperial Truth. See that it wasn't in vain."

++ Unknown Apothacery of an unstated Legion++

Sigismund, it has potential, and I think we should keep the name, if nothing else. For this aspect of the project, I'm going to defer to Demus. He's the one who gave us this ides, so I think he's earned the right to build it's foundation. If you're willing, Demus. 

I do have a request. I think that somewhere in this campaign, one of the critical planets for victory should be an Oceanic world. Time to give our naval marines a chance to shine. 

Edited by simison

When I was writing that, the image I had in my mind was of lizard like aliens. So perhaps a particular gene strain evolved fins(in addition to everything else) and some ability like being able to let out roars were like a sonic weapon. That would provide a reasonably good opponent for the naval marines.

Sigismund, it has potential, and I think we should keep the name, if nothing else. For this aspect of the project, I'm going to defer to Demus. He's the one who gave us this ides, so I think he's earned the right to build it's foundation. If you're willing, Demus. 

I do have a request. I think that somewhere in this campaign, one of the critical planets for victory should be an Oceanic world. Time to give our naval marines a chance to shine.

I'm good with this.

"The Qarith were a most grievous foe."

Sorry I've been busy lately >.< is there still a chance to slide in?

I was actually thinking the Ghost walkers wouldn't find their primary and would be doomed to a slow genetic death due to the inability to stabilize the and mass produce the gene seed.

I was actually thinking the Ghost walkers wouldn't find their primary and would be doomed to a slow genetic death due to the inability to stabilize the and mass produce the gene seed.

We've left a spot open for you and your Primarch. Do you have a thread already?

We've left a spot open for you and your Primarch. Do you have a thread already?

Haha not yet, which legion numeral are they?

Also, sorry if this has been covered, but what should I post on it? Just fluff or models or what? :)

They'll be number 20. As to posting, this thread is dedicated to information about the universe and how the legions interact. Your legion thread should focus on the legion itself. There's a bit of overlap, of course, but ideally, when we need general information and pics about your legion, we'll visit your thread. When we need specific info for campaigns or we're working on the Allied Matrix, you'll post it here.

Heres some more stuff I've written about the Qarith. All this is just ideas and could still change.

"These creatures are truly fascinating. So far, myself and astartes apothaceries have identified nearly 42 seperate gene strands of what we have identified as the primary form of the Qarith xenos. Each of these gene strands has evolved to suit a specific role. For example, the primary ground warriors of the Qarith seem to be an organism which I have dubbed and filed under the name of "Qarith warrior primary version 1". These giant organisms are often a head and a half taller than our astartes warriors. In many of their features, they appear reptilian, with many of the features found in the "lizards" of old Terra. However, they also posses a number of unique features. Many of their varients have incredibly tough exo skeletons, which astartes report as being able to withstand multiple bolter shells, although accounts differ as to exactly how many. While I theorise the thickness and therefore toughness of the exo skeleton relates to the age of the organism I have no proof of this. In addition to this, each organism posses a crest which it seems serves the function of both an additional layer of protection for the creatures brain and cranial section and also as a kind of pychic amplifier and crude means of comunication. In order to communicate, these creatures change the colour of their crests. For example, a charge is ordered by changing the crest colour to a bright red and a retreat by changing the crests colour to a bright yellow. However, as those astartes librarians not driven mad by encounters with these creatures tell me that there seems to be a pyschic communication between these creatures, I am left to assume that colouring their crests may serve as a visual aid or side effect of a far more complex and sophisticated hive mentality.

For their weapons, there are many variations of the same basic pattern. All of the weapons seem to have been grown biologically although wether that is part of the organism or not varies. Almost all organisms use a type of firearm not at all dissimilair to our volkite weaponry. While astartes have a certain amount of protection against this, it is a weapon that causes terrible casualties among the Imperial Army. Aside from this, the organisms inbuilt weapons vary. The ground organisms tend to use weapons which are just claws on their hands but as deadly and effective as our power claws. The arial and marine organisms make use of hooks that they have grown from their snouts to punch through power armour while in the air or underwater. The arial and marine organisms also have a greater tendency to use sonic weaponry which they seem to have built into their throats.

While their command structure remains largely a mystery to me, there are a few things I can deduce from observations made by myself, astartes apothecaries and my fellow magi. The larger organisms who are brighter coloured than normal seem to fulfill the function of Junior officers. As such, they are proportionally more powerfull than the average warriors, with the capability to rip apart land raiders with their claws and entire squads of astartes with their sonic roars. However, what it seems to me is that the upper echelons commanders both command the lower orders through a hive mind and also steer the evolution of the warriors under their command by having their warriors eat the enemy dead and analysing their weaknesses and adapting accordingly. None of the Imperial forces have ever seen these "shapers" up close but what we've seen at distance is that they appear to be signicantly different to the warriors. Where the warriors are large and muscular, the shapers appear to be rather small and have a grey hue as oppossed to the dark yellow, orange or brown that is more common among the warriors. If my theory is correct, then a widespread destruction of the shapers should cause the structure of the Qarith to come crumbling down. They would cease adapting and cease to have any strategic thought whatsoever."

++Excerpt from "Xenos Species" volume three, by Magos Hardan Lockris++