Also guys, we've got time we still like six books now to sort through first before we get to this fight. I'm sure it'll play out perfectly when we get there.

Wrong thread, Chief. Though seeing as you're higher, could I point you to the question above with regard to Solomon Grimm?

How did that even post in this thread? I don't remember that at all.

Anywho, I'd never really thought of their relationship I'd just assumed it was like most Bears with Daer'dd.

Had a thought. How paternal are our various Primarchs? Obviously Alex, Gwal and Daer'dd are very much so, while I assume Raktra's attitude remains, and I quote, "got me some prison bitches"

Koschei is very paternal, (but we already knew that), and Azus I'd imagine would care deeply about a select few and have absolutely no affection for the rest.

Blunt, the relationship between Irvin and Alex is more like the kind between a father and an adopted son. Despite his experience and age, Irvin is never treated as a brother, but as a son with a different upbringing.

And yes, Alex is very much the father figure in private, much like he's the brother figure to the other Primarchs. But like Hughes of Full Metal Alchemist, it never ends well for the family man.

I think Jade would always seem very distant from his sons, mainly interacting through his officers and preferring to keep to himself and his work. His relationship to his legion is more like that of a Master and his disciples rather than a father and sons. And his sons would see it that way as well, not really bothered that they aren't getting much fatherly attention.

Had a thought. How paternal are our various Primarchs?

Niklaas is a deeply emotional character. Though he keeps this shut away from the vast majority of the universe. Those people he does build relationships with he is very close to. He is an intuitive personality. He just understands how machines and walls and even people work. What makes them tick.

Blunt, the relationship between Irvin and Alex is more like the kind between a father and an adopted son. Despite his experience and age, Irvin is never treated as a brother, but as a son with a different upbringing.

And yes, Alex is very much the father figure in private, much like he's the brother figure to the other Primarchs. But like Hughes of Full Metal Alchemist, it never ends well for the family man.

That figures, as the two meet one another quite early on in the Crusade.

By the way, as I am actually revising my chaotic notes about the wardens origin amd the reunion, who wants to be there, when gwal is found? Travier is there amd the emperor and one spot is open.

Short description of the scene:

Marines of that unknown legion arrive on caerbannog. Are welcomed by the local population and were led to the main island/ city. There they see withered paintings depicting darkness and light ( darkness swept over the lands the avatar of darkness vanksjed but darkness ruled on. Avatar of light appears, gives power back to the people but then vanishes. Legend has it he returned to avalon. The isle in the mist)

Well the captain in command thinks that the avatar of light is a primarch and they sent word to the emperor)

After long search they find avalon and emp plus 2 primarchs enter the island. There they find a single figure meditating. Figure wears a mask, bare chested. Strange cloths ( no bling) emp wants to tell his story, that he is his father. Mask man replies that the last man who said that used him as a tool for destruction and had no love for his son.what makes him different? He will not join. Travier approaches him and says put the mask off if you speak to the wmperor. Mask man doesn't react. Travier rips the mask from his face. White glowing eyes. Other primarch cries out in pain. Emperor shouts not to look into the mans eyes and charges in front of his son protecting him, although he has big pain himself. Travier ( thx to split personality) is not affected. Gwal is dumbfounded: how? Travier knocks him out.

Later gwal awakes. The emp in front of him. Emp again tells his story. This time gwal listens, the emperor tells him that he will use him as a weapon, but not for personal gain but to unite the galaxy so that humanity can live in peace. Gwal thinks on that and replies that the wmperor is a man of courage and sacrifice. That he realized this when big e rushed in front of his son. He will joim.

So who is this other son?

So here's what I have so far. Sorry to be a pain, but could we maybe get the multi-story posts fragmented? Otherwise I'm just not sure how to organise them.

The Great Crusade

Conquest of Albyon - the future Halcyon Wardens

Little Brother - Icarion, Alexandros and Daer'dd

The Hunt - Daer'dd and Pionus

A Cordial Welcome - Koschei, Daer'dd and the Emperor

The Diplomat - Alexandros

Reunion - the Shepherds of Eden and Berserkers of Uran

Ghost Crusade - the Lightning Bearers

Liberators - the Godslayers

A Difference of Opinion - Niklaas, Raktra and Alexandros

Judgement - the Godslayers and Void Eagles

Inwit - the Shepherds of Eden and Berserkers of Uran, part 1 of 2