“I'm still not sure it works in summer,” Khârn admitted, watching Odyssalas at the barbecue, “but spending the festive season in Aotearoa does have its upsides. Not least of which is, we're about as far as we can get from the Imperial family's celebration and still be on Terra.”

Nibaasiniiwi nodded to the breaking waves, where Bellows and Nix were attempting the curious local custom involving oddly shaped boards. “Decent entertainment too,” as Nix vanished into a particularly large pile of water. “Although warm weather seems to bring out the least desirable traits of some of our fellows,” he noted, looking with narrowed eyes at the sun lounger where Tannhäuser had strategically placed his towel.

“Well, if that's the worst we have to deal with, then I feel we've succeeded,” smiled Odyssalas. "Warm weather, cold beverages, peace and…”

“Incoming,” stated Raiden, despite the fact that he was laid back on his own lounger, reading. Everyone else's eyes turned skyward.

Sure enough a voice, tinny, mechanical and apparently travelling at great speed, suddenly came into earshot.

“You want some, you big hairy ponce? Come right over here and say that!” There followed a loud splash.

“Is that Malcador's…” Ellan began.

“Yep,” replied Odyssalas as Nix emerged from the water, carrying a thoroughly bedraggled servitor. “The one and only J33-V3S. And, oh dear,” he added, spotting a broken bottle labeled “Endtime M30 735” bobbing in the water, “it looks like the Sigillite’s favourite tipple didn't even survive long enough to be uncorked.”

“Why, every year, is there always that fork between the eyes?” asked Nix.

“I think Hectarion sees it as a tradition these days,” Sauhan answered. He'd come off worst in the surf, and was trying to extricate a lobster from his beard.

Lotara sighed and refilled her glass. “So… offworld next year?”

“Yes,” they chorused.

Ellan paused in thought for a moment. “Would Huron be far enough?”

Raiden shot her a look over the top of his book. “Would the Halo Stars be far enough?”

Merry Christmas, and sorry-not-sorry for the German stereotyping.

Edited by bluntblade

Well it's an hour and a half into it UK time, so can I take a second to wish you guys the best goddamn Christmas possible. It's my favourite thing in the world, and I'm glad I'm getting to, in spirit, share it with you all. There has been times where this project/group has literally helped save my life the past couple of years, and I couldn't be happier to be building this universe with you all.

With love, good wishes, and hope for the next year,

Sam.xxx

Alright, it's Christmas morning where I am, so I think one more gift might be appropriate.

This is a very rough sketch, and a bit of a design experiment. Tried to make a slightly more sinister Icarion, with subtle hints toward his path to Chaos. Enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/aBZfslf.jpg

When it comes time to do an "official" version, I'll get in contact with Athrawes for his input.

Alright, it's Christmas morning where I am, so I think one more gift might be appropriate.

This is a very rough sketch, and a bit of a design experiment. Tried to make a slightly more sinister Icarion, with subtle hints toward his path to Chaos. Enjoy!http://i.imgur.com/aBZfslf.jpg

When it comes time to do an "official" version, I'll get in contact with Athrawes for his input.

You when Horus turns up in Path of Heaven in all his corrupted glory? I'm already dreaming up a counterpart for Icarion, thanks to this

I have to say Icarion does it so much more for me as making Chaos seem like a tempting offer opposed to Horus. Horus is a Warlord, Icarion has that same level of elegance and regal charisma as The Emperor, he's a king. That sketch really emphasizes that feeling for me. That he could truly sway half an Empire to follow him.

That being said if Daer'dd didn't die he'd still rip Icarion's arm off and beat him to death with it. I guess Redd will just have to leave a trail of death unmatched at the walls.

Although I don't see Daer'dd apart from the bad dream (induced b the chaos gods) to kill Icarion (but remeber: every canonprimarch is able to kill each other ) I would have find it awesome if it was a bear in icrions dream and he would have find his end by Rhedd to have a self fullfilling prophecy started^^. It was never meant to be Dear'dd but Rhedd who had a part in his killing. Icarion just made the wrong conclusions and bzy killing Dear'dd he actually sealed his fate. Damn...that would have been so cool.

I have to say Icarion does it so much more for me as making Chaos seem like a tempting offer opposed to Horus. Horus is a Warlord, Icarion has that same level of elegance and regal charisma as The Emperor, he's a king. That sketch really emphasizes that feeling for me. That he could truly sway half an Empire to follow him.

That being said if Daer'dd didn't die he'd still rip Icarion's arm off and beat him to death with it. I guess Redd will just have to leave a trail of death unmatched at the walls.

Ah, but Horus ain't got Alexandros to contend with.

Although I don't see Daer'dd apart from the bad dream (induced b the chaos gods) to kill Icarion (but remeber: every canonprimarch is able to kill each other ) I would have find it awesome if it was a bear in icrions dream and he would have find his end by Rhedd to have a self fullfilling prophecy started^^. It was never meant to be Dear'dd but Rhedd who had a part in his killing. Icarion just made the wrong conclusions and bzy killing Dear'dd he actually sealed his fate. Damn...that would have been so cool.

Tzeentch approves!

What Blunt said.

There's plenty of space to join. What would you like to do?

Imperial army? Mechanicum? Draw some art? We'll find a niche for you.

Therefore, wellcome! :)

Edited by Kelborn