2500 points Imperial Fists

Jangalak

Hi folks

I am trying to build up a fun IF list that is fairly competitive for playing with my mates. Busy life stops me from play testing a lot so I am hoping to benefit from your wisdom!

So far I have

HQ - sigismund

20 man tac squad

20 man tac squad

10 man breacher squad

Contemptor Mortis w twin Kheres

5 thunderhmer SS terminators

5 PF and combi bolter terminators

10 Templar Brethren

So I am trying to figure out what to get next. All of this is nearing completion in terms of painting so I need to expand. I really like the idea of the gauntlet of stone so may get more breachers in time but what I really think I need is some anti tank and long range shooting.

I am struggling between Sicarian, Sicarian Venator, Spartan, Daredo, Raptor, Rapier Battery. I will definitely get a Spartan to transport my assault units. But what should pair with it to take out tanks and high T units?

Any suggestions on what would work week? What else could I consider?

Thanks in advance!

You have to ask what your current meta is. Answer this question: are facing massed infantry or armor? That should give you direction.

For pure crowd control I like the plasma destroyer pred with machine spirit so I can move and shoot, I also have had good look with the las rapier against AV14, but you need to take 3.

We get tank hunters on our heavy support squads, I dont leave home without my 10 man auto cannon squad they can sweep troops as well as low av units quite reliability.

Have you considered the legion Medusa? Throw a vox or 2 on your tacs and you can deliver indirect fire accurately, they can be taken as a squadron so there is room to grow.

Consider a Master of Signal to give BS buffs to your gunline and his barrage attack has nasty potential if the die are with you.

I play a Stone Gauntlet list and I find that I struggle to make it perform at lower point levels, its point tax is just too high but the T5 mitigates this slightly, I recommend having 2 x 20 man breacher squads, I then add other cheaper troop choices if i need more Elite or Heavy Support slots.

Hope that helps my man!

Thanks Warder, some food for thought there.

Meta - pretty mixed infantry and armour, defo gonna be fighting Spartans and Storm Eagle variants so need to deal w flyers and AV14 w flare shields

Medusa - I have an IG army so i know how good these are - and indirect fire plus the box targeting is a great idea - hmmm

What kind of point level do you find stone gauntlet doesn't work below - am guessing it's ok at 2500? 2000?

Thanks again, it's been a big help

Its not that the Stone Gauntlet doesn't work well at any point level its just that its a massive points sink into troops that leaves you having to be real selective with the rest of the force as they are going to have to hit hard and mesh well with your breachers, you also need to think hard about how you equip your breachers also.

For Zone Mortalis 1000pt games I use the RoW: X2 10 man breacher squads, Delegatus and 15 Phalanx Warders (3x plasma guns) and its Nasty!

At 4k points I use our RoW but still only have 2 breacher squads though they are 20 man units and armed with grav guns for objective sitting. Another advantage is how it changes the type and number of Heavy Support/Fast Attack/Elite choices you can take as you dont have to follow the standard FOC as long as your troop choices (note that it isn't Compulsorily troop choices) are grater in number.

T5 is no joke, it makes wounding us harder but a tac squad firing fury is likely to dust you off of the board as we still only have a 3+ save. You have to play a much smarter game, thats what i love about the RoW

Archived