Feedback request for some kitbashed characters

Ovidius Incertus

Fratres, I am mulling over some conversions/kitbashes for some characters for my 31k Flesh Tearers.  Eventually I will have a Heresy-era, rippy-teary version of all the C:BA characters, but right now I'm starting with a Mephiston and a Cypher.  I could use some feedback on some parts choices.

For Cypher, whom I think is a great 31k addition, I am going to use the torso from the new Dangles upgrade, but I'm not sure about the legs.  I always see Cypher in motion in my mind, but I threw another option in there.  What do you think? MkV posing, MkV running or MkVI running?  I'm sorta partial to the MkVI.

He'll have robes, in true Dangly fashion, but I'm not sure if I should use the robed head from the upgrade kit or use a helmeted head and sculpt his robes over it.  Thoughts?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f32/Oat_Action_Man/Cypher%20Parts_zpsjbdecews.jpg

For Mephiston, I am very much leaning toward the Sevrin Loth body (got two of them).  I utterly loathe everything about the finecast Mephiston sculpt, so that's my starting point.  I like the pointy spell-casting Loth arm that comes with the kit, but I'm then left trying to figure out which weapon to have in his right hand, sword or plasma pistol.  If sword, I'm at a loss as to how to represent a holstered plasma pistol.

Thoughts or insights welcome!

I like the MkVI running for the legs.

The robed head from the upgrade kit is cool, and it'll save you time in sculting, I'd probably go with that.

The pistol for Meth doesn't necessarily have to be holstered, if you could make it look like it's mag-locked to his thigh, that'd be cool.

D

Mk. V running legs for not-Cypher, definitely. You could always use a helmeted head that already has robes:

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/dark-angel-veteran-mk7-crusader-robed-helmet-p-145.html

It's a Mk. III/Crusader helm to boot so it fits easily into a 31k aesthetic. If your sculpting skills are up to it, though, use whatever helmet you want, obviously. My vote will always be for helmets on marines.

For Meph, with some judicious cutting, you could use the wrist-mounted Sanguinary Guard plasma pistol and turn it from a left handed weapon into a right handed one and then he can wield a sword with the free hand.

Sanguinary Guard plasma pistols! Brilliant!  I think the wrist-mounted option is definitely the way to go.  I'll explore some of the various plasma pistols in my bits box and...maybe even try a volkite serpenta.  Hmmmmm....

I'm leaning to the Mk V running legs too, although I'll strip the studs of the crotch and pare down the thighs, since they interfere with the Dangles torso bit.

Keep 'em coming, please!

Archived