Eagles descent, a lost legion log. Eagle Warriors

The Eagle Warriors

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-23-20-54-09_zpsxp38ia2i.png

“The second. The largest known legion. A legion with a stable gene seed and a huge influx of new recruits.
The second had played a huge role in the unification era, even their thunder warrior ancestors had been amongst the best. They wore the gold of freedom, an honour given to them by the emperor himself.
They had been adepts at gene crafting, helping in perfecting the other legions. They fixed mistakes, and they cleaned up the failed experiments. They were close to the emperor, for they alone shared his love for science and gene crafting.
They had been one of the most tactical legions on Terra, always calculating moves, and then striking quicker then any other legion could ever do. Only sometimes did the legion act cruel beyond what the emperor tolerated, their true nature coming through.

Even with all these honors, all these names, they failed. It all started when they found their primarch on a degenerate planet of wild life and barbaric cultures.
Their primarch was a priest in the largest city, working his way up to becoming the master sacrificer, and being the embodiement of their illusional gods.
The emperor disgusted him, he hated everything about Alexoses culture. He took Alexos and forced him to change, thousands of hours of torture changed him. A ten thousand hours of torture had broken Alexos.
Alexos was then taken and put as the commanding officer of the second legion, a broken primarch with a strong legion… Soon the legion was broken... Alexoses pain carried across the legion, and they all broke… And started disobeying the emperor.
They repainted their armor a green reminiscent to the green of the sea on their new home planet, Mexicatii Prime. They took the culture that the Emperor had forbidden and made it their new way of living.
And so they fell,.. Fell into disobedience. Alexos changed his legion into a barbaric force of superstition. Fallen from the light, far away from the emperor’s enlightment.”
From Arion the Doubted, remembrancer of the IIth legion, recorded during the siege of Cas

Heya everybody! Alex, or Alpharion.. Or Omegon... OR AO108 like I am called alot on here

I have been working on this project for a few weeks now. Working out my own version of the IInd legion. I first came up with this after reading Athraweses amazing blog on here about his take on the II, I first followed in his footsteps. Building a large force befitting his masterfull vision. But something nagged at me, something in me changed. I felt like I was recreating someone elses work, and I just could not stand that. I wanted to create something of my own.

So here my tread goes, I will show as much in here as possible, BUT, I also have a thing to share with you guys... I am writting a novel about the end of the second. I will publish (Ill make it a pdf file when it's done) when it is done in this tread, but for the people really intrested in reading and just wanting to know what my writing skills are lik (You are a HERO if you read this all)

Intercepted

Takar weaved aside from the blade and then took a step towards his opponent while thrusting his blade forwards, the energized blade bouncing off his enemies’ armour. Takar then took a mechanic fist to the face plate and a hit against his shoulder guard with an energized maul.

Takar fell back, sword skidding across the floor of the training pit. He wove aside when the power maul of the training battle automata hit the ground where he had just been a second ago. He jerked his second sword from his remaining scabbard and jumped upright in one smooth motion, launching his sword into the head of the automata. The sword hammered through the delicate targeting systems and its processors in trained perfection. The battle automata slumped back slowly, hitting the floor of the training pit with a dull “clang”.

Just then, another spacemarine entered the arena, Cyro, part of the holy Aztekis circle, just like Takar himself. Cyro drew his obisidian maul from his back and walked towards Takar. “Ha! Good work my friend", he said with a chuckle, "Now how about you face me for once, not these training automata, and let’s see what you are really made of!”

Takar scoffed and walked towards his blade that he had lost during his session against the training automata. As he grabbed it, he heard Cyro charging towards him. Takar jumped aside as the maul swept past where his head had been, the maul only scratching Takars pauldron. He spun around and cannoned his fist into Cyro’s side. The warrior stumbled and tipped over to the right, landing face down on the deck.

Takar scuffed and mockingly said “You fool, trying to attack me in the back. Coward!" Cyro turned around and Takar helped him back up. “Eh brother, you should really teach me some of those moves eh, you are faster then any of us.” Cyro looked around the training pit, where dozens of II legionnaires were cheering, laughing and sharing ideas.

Takar raised a dark eyebrow when he looked at one of the Astartes at the edge of the crowd surrounding the pit. He voxed to the warrior, who was standing alone at the back, looking both unwelcome and lonely at the same time. “Tupaca! What’s wrong brother? You look disappointed my friend!”

Tupaca voxed back, “Brother, the primarch calls, where is Tepin? We need to see the holographs he has for us”. Takar pressed a small button on his arm brace, and took Cyro by the shoulder guard, pulling him out of the circle. The warriors surrounding the training pit quickly parted for the two members of the Aztekis circle, for it was well known one should never stand in the way of one of those holy warriors.

I will post more samples in the coming few days, I have 15% of the novel done already (60 pages), send me a PM if youd like some samples earlier, or if you want to follow along with the WIP of the novel biggrin.png

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So lets get on with a model right! This is a model forum after all biggrin.png

Here is the test paint job for my legion, don't say it looks to much like a sons of horus! The sons of horus will not be around for another 50 years after the massacre of the II, so no worries biggrin.png And I will have fluff reasons for this paint job as well biggrin.png

Soooo, le test model, it's also the representation of Takar:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150803_181345_zpssa7brvqd.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150803_182223_zpscszs9bcn.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150803_182230_zpskislunpd.jpg

please let me know what you think! i am eager to hear from you guys biggrin.png

Thanks guys!

The theme of the legion will be a a mix of the Aztec culture and the indian culture. So lots of medicine men and fast moving units

The primarch is called: AlexosTravier the Aztecian

the home planet of the II is called Mexicatii prime

I have just ordered a huge load of troops and a primarch that shall be converted msn-wink.gif I will keep you guys updated biggrin.png

I also have worked out the way I am going to paint the armor. details on that later biggrin.png

Here is another sample to keep the fluff hungry wolves ones of you satisfied:

Alexos eyes snapped up. What he saw made his growing and changing form shiver with anger and bitterness. There he was, his arch enemy and nemesis, a thing he once called brother.

Brotha!” It called out “Brotha come face me, you delirious mutant!”

Hectarion walked closer to his prey, pressing the activation button of his oversized chainsword. As he stalked closer, blade at the ready, he saw what his brother had become, a mass of over used muscles and unrecognizable additional limbs and organs.

Alexos rose slowly. No, he didnt rise, he slithered upright. His body was growing larger and stronger by the second, enhanced by the dark gifts the Gods had granted him. Seeing his erstwhile brother approach, he thumbed the activation rune on his black odsidian spear, forged in the same style as those of his erstwhile father’s custodians.

He stared at his brother with spider like eyes and opened his mouth far beyond what a mortal body would allow. He screamed, a sound terrible to behold, a sound that should never have been able to leave the throat of Alexos or the thing he was becoming. After the terrible scream caused by the agony of his ascension he looked down upon Hectarion, still growing, and spoke with three demonic voices, none of them his own. “Hectarionnnnn… Foolll! Your leggiiionn is getting beatennnn! Beaten into the dussstttt of this holy world! Yessss! My sons will feast upon youu!! Faccceeee mee you cowarddd! Face the power of the godsss!”

Hectarion only spoke three words before they clashed in a combat that would decide the fate of the future. Just three words, three words that would be written on every suit of armor of the XI brothers after the massacre of the II. Three words that would be echoed across a million of battlefields in the coming 10.000 years. “For the emperor”

Here is a pic of the model I have for Alexos for on foot and before he goes mutant/deamon:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150805_130940_zpsh6ohetrn.jpg

And other ftuff, I finished Takar and two veterans:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150806_234758_zps7ymfarj1.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150806_234815_zpsayn8fhzp.jpg

comments and thoughts welcome!

Thx guys! More pics and models soon ;)

Great color scheme, looks fantastic. What's going on with the Fist symbol in the shoulder pads?

Lazyness haha, the base model of Takar is sigismund. and I loved the sculpt of the fist. so i chose to keep it ;)

So, update!

Lets have all my ideas for this legion in one post:

Cultural influences: Middle American, Aztecian and a mix with the indian culture

Numerical: The IInd legion

Primarch, gene sire: Alexos Travier

name of the legion: Eagle warriors, nicknamed "the gene warriors"

favoured use of tactics and units: Fast moving units mostly, so bikes, jetbikes and flyers. Love raiding techniques and use alot of lightning tactics. Also are noted for the (weird) use of breachers (suprisingly), they drop them out of planes, creating a drop-and-walk armored wall.

Noted domain: The Mexicatii system, Mexicatii prime being the main homeworld of the legion

Further notes: The legion is known for using many mpre apothecaries and biomancy librarians. this resulted in the legion having a large amount of troops for their time. Some of these techniques where faulted though. So many astartes in the legion worked non-efficient. the use of cloning and reproduction degrading the gene seed and warriors even further

Reason of extermination in the third year of the second half of the great crusade: Over use of forbidden gene modifications and the use of deamonic influences. A siege of 9 months breaks the IInd legion, over 90% of the legion dies, or degrades into a spawn of chaos durring the war. Alexos is killed and only a small contignent survives.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So that is the main information of the legion, over use of gene modifications resulting in chaos fueled betrayal.

So back to the book, here is another small sample:

There they stood, 124.000 brothers of the II, fully two thirds of the legion was gathered in the chamber that day. Standing in ordered ranks, and even filling the walkways above the room, looking over the impressive gathering.

It was a sight that made Takar’s eyes shine with a proud memory. It had been 27 years ago that so many brothers had gathered on one occasion. It was after the siege of Talum, fighting the ork empire of waaagh Ghakatruka. Takar had earned his membership in the Aztekis Circle in that war and had secured the title of Spear master for himself.

He glanced to the right where his spear was stationed, 10.000 faithfull astartes, all under his command. It made his heart swell with joy seeing them stand there... so perfect. He then glanced to the left, where the Kaskuta and 1st cadre were standing. The difference between them was like the difference between night and day. The terminators of the 1st cadre, standing in perfect order, MK1 terminator armor shining with perfection, polished to a painfull shine. The Kaskuta in comparison were a barbaric rabble, laughing and screaming, the failures of the legion. They were medicinemen who had failed their tests, driven crazy by narcotic drugs and going insane beyond reason. It made Takar shiver glancing at them. Was this the faith of the primarch? Was this what he was becoming? How could a legion function with that?

The large blastdoors at the end of the Golden Chamber rumbled open, and Alexos came walking through. No, not walking, Takar noticed. More like... prowling through. Alexos had brought in his personal terminator cadre as well, 35 warriors, calling themselves “the Jaguar Toa”. They were armoured in specialized terminator Thora armour, bedecked with animal pelts and scales of the ground dragons that prowled Mexicatii Prime.

The primarch smiled when seeing so many of his sons standing in such grandeur and he laughed, a dry bark of a laugh. It was a dirty and horrible sound, something the legion was not used to.

Takar glanced at Hypoko who almost let the holy legion banner topple over when he saw what the primarch was carrying with him. At that moment the whole legion took a breath in shock but also fear for what the primarch would do with what he carried.

Alexos carried a Itztli, a long curved obisidan knife, used to make offering. And in his other hand... He dragged something, no, more like somebody behind him.

Only when the primarch finally reached the platform on which the Aztekis circle was positioned, Takar could make out who it was that the primarch was dragging behind him. Takar felt as though he was going to be sick. However, he forced himself to bite back both the bile that rose in his throat as well as the deep nausea that he felt in his stomach.

It was Tukan of the white scars who lay half dead at the primarch’s feet. The White Scars had sent a delegation to the second legion two months ago. Three members of the V had accompanied the legion, and now... One of them had become an offering. This was wrong by all the laws of the universe. Takar couldn’t bear to look at Tukan any longer, so he closed his eyes to fight back the nausea he was feeling and to try and forget what was about to happen. It would change the whole legion, but it would change Takar forever, damaging him to his core feelings, twisting a once very strong loyalty, to a dark wretched hate. Only his love of his close brothers kept his love of the legion alive.

Alexos stared across the thousands of astartes he had assembled on that day and spoke, spreading his arms again, with the knife in one hand and body in the other.

My sons!” He said, voxes in all helmets amplifying his voice a hundred times, making sure every single one of his sons could hear him with perfect clarity. “I welcome you today! Today is day of wonders and change! Listen to me! Follow my every step! And now...Watch!”

What happened in the following four hours and fifty-two Terran minutes should never have taken place. It showed why the legion was now being named traitorous. Alexos had taken the words traitor and possessed as his new hallmarks. He hated the fact that other legions now hunted him, so he now gave them a reason to hunt him. He killed three White Scars on that fatefull day, sacrificing them in the name of the dark gods.

Twelve Jaguar Toa also sacrificed their lives that day, passing the sacrificial blade between them, each one killing himself or a higher purpose. They all died laughing, while the three white Scar warriors died screaming in rage and betrayal.

At the end of this atrocity the legion was stunned, barely believing what their primarch had just done. Barely believing they had fallen so far, and shocked at the primarch for knowing the enemy who was gathering at the edge of the system so well, it was a fearfull thing to behold.

Every Eagle Warrior shivered when the primarch said the last three words of his speech, before he and his surviving Jaguar Toa teleported away in a loud bang, throwing the Aztekis circle from the platform with it. They all knew what it meant, those three words, and the following three months, it was all they would do.

Prepare for battle”

Hope you enjoyed the piece!

So back to the legion, here are some of the special units of the legion only they use:

-Kaskuta: Crazed apothecaries and librarians who just lost it. They are used as the main shock troops, as they have no fear of dead. They are armed with artificer made armor and large shields, their main CC weapon being a chainsword or power sword

-Aztekis circle: The main 4 advisors, each of them is a cadre master (A cadre is 10.000 warriors), there are 18 cadres in total, but only 4 of their masters can be chosen for the circle. The circle are the advisors and main bodyguard of the primarch, their rule can only be over rules by the primarch or the jaguar warriors.

-Animal packs: Mexicatii is filled with large monsters and animals, many of them useable in the war. Most II warriors make it a sport in their time on Mexicatii to hunt the largest and baddest animal on Mexicatii

-Jaguar Toa: Special terminators, the elites of the legion. Specialized armor and obsidian longswords being their preffered wargear.

-Eagle hunters: Elite jetbike unit, only 100 of these can ever exist. They fly in pacs of 5, all armed with laser shooting lances or with large obsidian power mauls. Their jetbikes being armed with twin linked plasma fusils.

-Almost every marines tries to bedeck his armor in at least one fur pelt or pelt of feathers, to show their rank and to show they are worthy of fighting.

(I will make models of almost every unit I create, so if you have problems visualizing them, just wait. I shall have models for them soon)

So, MODELS:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150807_144323_zpslhqtcgnp.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150807_220035_zpscvqydudi.jpg

First veteran squad done!

More to come later today! :D

Please let me know what you think ;)

Thanks man!

There is yes! At some point the legion changes colors to show that they disobey the emperor and they just dont care. The Terran marines refuse to change their colors, so they keep the old gold armor color.

so eh... Hi I am Alex, I am addicted to resin and plastic models that I wanna use for my eagle warriors legion with solar auxilia allies represented by my Krieg models because Krieg models are just too awesome

Close up pics coming soon, some units still arent finished, they need extra guys. But ALL the models (Except the banner) are finished that are in this pic :D

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_164440_zpsco4zprgt.jpghttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_164515_zpsyrr71jvk.jpghttp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_164554_zpszq5rrxak.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Archived