1850 30k Word Bearers C&C appreciated

Jb_HiFi

Hi all, I've recently signed up to a small local 30k tournament and it's the first time I'll be running this list. I'm not sure if I have all my bases covered though, so would love some feedback on what I have so far

+++ Word bearers 1850 (1850pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1850pts) ++

+ HQ (300pts) +

High Chaplain Erebus (195pts)

··Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

Legion Centurion (105pts) [Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield]

··Consul [Chaplain]

+ Troops (570pts) +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (285pts) [Dark Channelling, Furious Charge, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox]

··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (285pts) [Dark Channelling, Furious Charge, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox]

··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites (340pts) +

Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren (340pts) [8x Dark Brethren]

··Dark Martyr [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (100pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)

+ Heavy Support (540pts) +

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship (220pts) [Four Hellstrike Missiles]

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (115pts)

Sicaran Venator Tank Destroyer (205pts) [Dozer Blade, Hunter-killer Missile]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XVII: Word Bearers]

What do you all think? Am I missing anything significant from my list?

Where are you planning on putting Erebus & your chaplain? You can't fit them in the drop pod unless you loose some vets.

If you need to free up some points the chaplain upgrade isn't strictly necessary for your Centurion (particularly if you end up putting the chaplain and Erebus in the same squad). Or you could keep the chaplain upgrade and replace Erebus with Zardu Layek for some daemon summoning fun (your nuncio vox's work for summoning/deep striking daemons as well as deep striking Gal Vorbak).

The Gal Vorbak Darjk Martyr works better with a power fist rather than a power weapon. But giving one of your other Gal Vorbak a power maul is always a good idea (or two of them if you can manage to find the points for a 10 man squad).

Having a hunter-killer missile on a Venator isn't very useful since the main gun is ordnance and you'll need to snap-fire the missile. I know it's extra insurance against a weapon-destroyed result, but so are heavy bolter sponsons and they give better protection (two of them) and are generally more useful, but still a waste of time on a Venator in my opinion.

I'm also not sure how useful the Hellstrike missiles on the Fire Raptor are since they are ordnance too. Haven't played with a Fire Raptor myself but most people just seem to avoid them.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the feedback. I swapped erebus for Zardu, and made the chaplain just a centurion, but gave him burning lore. Good points on the hellstrike missiles and the hunter killer as well. With the points I've saved overall I was able to add a tenth member to the gal vorback and gave the martyr a power fist over the mace. Now I just need to find the points to give the gal vorback a couple extra maces and I should be good to go

Archived