ShadowSword(WiP) in Ad-Mech colours

heya, played a game recently with the Skitarii against a combined elder Ork list yeah i know what the! huh.png ...it was a themed fight amongst friends so it was all fun...except for the stompa ohmy.png we had a stormhammer and a baneblade but it still caused a pain load of punishment....one of my friends remarked afterwards that we needed a shooting D-weapon to combat it... so i went home and remembered that i did actually have something like that and dusted off this guy that was together with an undercoat and the top turret painted in green...but i wanted to take it as an ally to my skitarii /Ad-mech so therefore it's going to be RED !

here is some very WiP pics, the right turret is pretty much done except for the side panel stripe to be finished,i did it to test out my paint pallete for the vehicle,it looks good so more updates soon!

cheers Mithril.

med_gallery_9146_6928_791910.jpg

med_gallery_9146_6928_1229150.jpg

Interesting. I'm currently considering a baneblade variant for my AdMech too. Any ideas to make it look more AdMech, besides making the commander a skitarii?

Make him a Tech-priest, instead? I find it hard to believe the Adeptus Mechanicus would entrust a God-Machine to a Skitarii but, hey, weirder stuff has happened. Use a cool head, at least msn-wink.gif.

The ammo loader from the Vindicator would look awesome on anything. I would add to the conversation to maybe use hazard lines.

Now, onto the matter at hand: I love this idea, Mithril! That read and cream work so well together on those sponsons.

Interesting. I'm currently considering a baneblade variant for my AdMech too. Any ideas to make it look more AdMech, besides making the commander a skitarii?

Make him a Tech-priest, instead? I find it hard to believe the Adeptus Mechanicus would entrust a God-Machine to a Skitarii but, hey, weirder stuff has happened. Use a cool head, at least msn-wink.gif.

I mean a skitarii model. It's a human-sized body with AdMech decorated armour, so it will fit. And there are enough spare arms to decorate.

Other idea, the kataphron kits have lots of spare servitor heads. Maybe use them instead of targeters, for sponson weapons etc.? AdMech uses hard-wired servitors for secondary weapon systems, and that would explain the BS3.

Here's an example that I've always enjoyed.  The icons on the front facing is the old resin AdMech symbol from Forge World.  It pops up on eBay from time to time, but you could just as easily make your own.

Here's an example with the "industrial equipment" look.  The drills are from the Death Korps of Krieg breaching vehicle.  It might look a bit out of place on something as long-range as a Shadowsword, but the AdMech is not always known for practicality.  It also uses a sensor/camera pod bit from the old Spearhead command vehicle sprue.  To me, it makes more sense to focus on cameras and antennas rather than Skitarii poking out of the hatches.

EDIT:  Now I want to build one, too...

The industrial looking baneblade is great. Reminds me of something a friend told me of some old novel...AdMech wanted to conquer a planet, so they send a giant factory on treads. The servitor armies fight, kill stuff or die, and march on. All battlefield remains are recycled at said factory to create more servitors and continue the advance. That could be done with a stormlord, convert the open rear crew compartment to an assembly line...

To me, it makes more sense to focus on cameras and antennas rather than Skitarii poking out of the hatches.

It generally makes more sense to use sensors instead of guys, but nonetheless someone always sits on top of a landraider to point at things, instead of hiding behind AV14 doors.tongue.png The crew lookout is just the easiest method to show who exactly this vehicle belongs to, so I'd do exactly that. And there are even more ridiculous examples in Skitarius, like the skitarii general clinging to the rear compartment wall of a Onager for a lift (in the middle of an apocalyptic fight), as there are no transport vehicles in the codex and the entire novel is just product placement.

I'm sure the model having a red and cream paint job with Adeptus Mechanicus iconography dotted across it would pretty much be a dead guess as to who owns the God-Machine. Just because there are bad examples for something doesn't mean you have to do it. If that was the case, every Space Marine player would be playing the Ultramarines.

I thought about another thing you might possibly need, Mithril: Cherubs happy.png! What's cuter than a vat-grown clone baby who's been lobotomized and given fake wings and a repulsor-drive? A vat-grown clone baby who's been lobotomized and given fake wings and a repulsor-drive holding up some aerials, that's what!

We also must find some way for the God-Machine to blare out Herr Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" whenever it is deployed...

hehehe... those cherubs freak me out a wee bit laugh.png .....mellow.png ....ohmy.png ...eek.gif ...

i think if i hadn't glued the cupola down already i would have put in one of my commanders from my onager kits...he would fit straight in thumbsup.gif

yeah im simply going colour scheme on this bad boy and perhaps some skitarii decals here and there....im trying to present the idea that its still guard owned but has been restored by my own forge temple as a "favour" to whatever guard army i end up making (the guard army will be red, i may even make up some allied guard army thats on a world thats very closely linked to my skitarii forge temple and my next army..."The Jade Ravens"

..."The Jade Ravens"

Watch out, for their mighty talons and crystalline beaks shall account for your demise. I'm so excited about that one! But, since this thread is about your Shadow Sword, I digress. Ka-Kaw! Ok, really.

Not rushing you (I am) but when can we expect to see more of this God-Machine?

prob do an update tonight, i finished the front right panels with the bone and turquoise (jade) colours and the first couple red ones too...gee these tanks are BIG! you gotta do em in bite size pieces or you go mad doing highlights wacko.png cry.gif ...

Hmmm the lighting's not good as there are some nice highlights there...oh well happy.png

med_gallery_9146_6928_1147959.jpg

yeah will start the jade ravens(dark angel 2nd founding ravenwing style army) after finishing this tank me thinks. i've done a test scheme for em already thumbsup.gif

Mithril

++ Edit - pic added ++

Love it, can't wait to see more! That red is spot-on. happy.png

thanks mehman(whats your god machine idea???do tell! ) & thanks Vel'...

yeah, after doing my skitarii and settling on a scheme the red recipe i used is a winner cool.png well i think it is tongue.png.

the shadowsword is a big beast...as i said earlier i got to paint this in small parts...nearly finished the sponsons with their trim will post em up later today.

what are you working on lately Vel'?.. did you see Rashbolds huge amount of models for next years ETL !!! eek.gif

update today....

cheers, Mithril

I'm going to make a proper Baneblade for my Ecclesiarch's "army". Of course, as we all know, men in the Church are forbidden to raise arms and thus we have the Sisters of Battle. But, what must one do if he finds himself on the outskirts of the known Imperium? I think we all feel better about our Cardinals/Bishops/Confessors if they're packing something to protect themselves with. So that's why I need a Baneblade.

Not to hijack your thread but it's going to be grand. The Baneblade already looks very Cathedral-like and has a Gothic feel to it so, really, the only adjustments that are going to be made are some gargoyles around the cupola and maybe some candles spattered here and there. I'll have to take a look at it when it's built to know how the spirit will move me. Although I do have that graveyard set from WFB, whoops, I mean AoS, that could always use a good home...maybe have a stone angel on the back of the turret...

I am having a difficult time trying to figure out what paint scheme to go with, though. If the machine was for the Imperial Guard, it would be covered in splinter camouflage. We're talking about the Church here so thats a no go. The colour scheme I really want to do is just like how I do my priests: sand coloured robes with a spot colour of dark red. Of course the spot colour on the Baneblade would be purple to signify it is the property of the Priesthood's elite holy men. Anyway, there would be decorative metals along with the metals of holy slaughter. Gold and silver beside hundreds, if not thousands, of years old cannons.

Archived