RULES - Primarch and Legion

simison

So, question that's popped up in Visceral Boogaloo - in lieu of a third character, would anyone be opposed to me creating a third RoW? if so no worries, I have a workaround in mind.

Legion:

• Void Eagles

Primarch:

• Yucahu Sumakutaa

Characters:

• Captain Ramius Osaun
  • Admiral Amaros Alvator
  • Flight-Lieutenant Sihim Vohal

Units:

• Espatier breach-veterans
  • Worldburner grenadiers (heavy jump-destroyers)
  • Saturator terminators (two heavy weapons, gets hot)

Special Wargear:

• Vernal electro-sabre
  • Gracchus-pattern grenade launcher
  • Teleport transponder

Relics:

• None decided yet

RoW:

• None decided yet
Edited by Skalpynock

So, question that's popped up in Visceral Boogaloo - in lieu of a third character, would anyone be opposed to me creating a third RoW? if so no worries, I have a workaround in mind.

I don't have a problem with it off-hand.

Can someone tell me what a good relic might be?

For example, I got a spear which is crafted by Daer'dd, handed over to Andezo, given to his right hand Adewale and later taken by Thoruk to honor his sacrifice.

Would that be a good example? Or should it be more impactful or "bigger/ more awesome "?
Can't remember official relics in the HH books...

Legion:

- Predators

Primarch:

- Andezo Sambedi

Characters:

- Adéwalé

- Thoruk (leader of later loyalists branch)

- Shaka (leader of later traitor branch)

- Odanka (leader of the Bloodlords)

Units:

- Deahtsworn (elite Terminators)

- Striking shadows (elite infiltrators, sgt. can be upgraded to a psyker)

- Fire Claws (a bit like Havocs)

- "Assault Bikers" (equipped with breacher bikes, name is in progress)

Wargear:

- Nihilum-pattern grenade launcher

- Wristblades

Relic:

- Umbralion, the spear of honor

Rite of War:

- 'Salt the Earth'

Edited by Kelborn

That's a perfect example for a relic. For my Bears we have the Gauntlets of Terra which are Astartes sized copies of Daer'dd's Gauntlets of Ares; +1 str +1 attack and rending but they're not a weapon, but an upgrade. So you can have some fun with it. Edited by Chief Captain Redd

Possibilities, though that's just another two choppy guys, which is happily covered by Riktus. I did consider a Fabius Bile type character, doling out Old Blood-based stims in the field.

Maybe a more stealth orientated character? Someone who acts more like an assassin, taking out opponents with a quick blade in the back.

Need to work on the relic and the new RoWs.

An idea just struck me. Perhaps you could have Xiphos become the Legion relic after Alexandros takes up the Spear of Terra?

Hmmm, it is a short sword for a Primarch, so it'd be regular size for a marine. I'll highly consider it.

Angron was a dwarf^^ In primarch dimensions he is gimli^^

He also overhead pressed a Warhound. So yeah.

It was a cute feat for someone not name Daer'dd or Niklaas ;)

There is a scene coming that involves Niklaas and at least one traitor titan.

Hey ho. Some rules for the saigheadair/ neutralize (eventually will be changes to bùrnair [burner, incinerators] damn cool)

Point costs are not set, open for opinions.
Slightly updated

net wundern, ich missbrauche dies hier mal als platform und meine regeln in ein etwas schöneres koresett zu werfen.

:HQ: Fast Attack

Saigheadair (170 Points)
WSBSSTWIAAASaigheadair444424193+Rìgh nan Dùl
554424293+

Unit Composition
  • 4 Saigheadair
  • 1 Rìgh nan Dùl
Unit Type
  • Saigheadair: Infantry
  • Rìgh nan Dùl: Infantry (Character)
Wargear
  • Rotorcannon
  • Bolt Pistol
  • Jump Pack
  • Power Armor Armour
  • Frag and Krak Grenades
Special Rules
  • Legiones Astartes (The Wardens of Light)
  • Precision Shot
  • Rending (shooting attacks only)
  • Battle Meditation: batailt fòcas (Battle Focus)
Options
  • The Saigheadair Squad may take:
  • -- Up to 5 additional Saigheadair (+33 points each)
  • The Entire Squad may replace their Rotorcannons with the following Special Weapons:

- Meltergun for +15 points each
                             - Plasmagun for +15 points each
                             - Volkite Caliver for +5 points each
                             - Flamer for free

• The Rìgh nan Dùl is equipped with a Close Combat Weapon, Bolt Pistol and the same Special Weapon his Squad has. He may exchange his Close Combat Weapon with the following:

- Powerweapon +10 Points

- Powerfist for +15 Points
                              - Lightning Claw for +15 Points

- With a Legion Relic Close Combbat Weapon

• The Rìgh nan Dùl can be equipped with:

- Augury scanner for +5 points
                              - Melta-bombs for +5 points
                              - Upgrade to artificer armor for +10 points

The Saigheadair have their own Battle Meditation and can't profit from general battle meditations given by the lord of war.

Trained to be highly mobile in combat and fire at will at the enemies of the Imperium, the Saigheadair of the Wardens of Light Legion developed a special Battle Meditation for them, which allows them to become one with their weapons and the battlefield, so that they are able to move while shooting and suddenly change their direction to attack the enemy but keep themselves always out of close combat.

The "batailt fòcas" is an active battle meditation which allows the Saigheadair unit to run and shoot (in either order) in the same phase. This means that the threat range of an Saigheadair unit fluctuates by d6" and  also allows the Saigheadair to  "jump-shoot-jump".

Special Rule - Battle Meditation: "batailt fòcas" (Battle Focus)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

RoW 3!

We Go Further

• Scorched Earth Tactics - Units of Destroyers become Troops choices in this Rite of War. Models with the Independent Character type and possessing the LA: BoU special rule may take up to two phosphex bombs at +10pts each. Any model with the LA: BoU special rule with access to a heavy flamer may exchange it for a rad cleanser at +5pts. Quad mortar batteries may take phosphex shells at the cost listed in their unit entry, without the need to include a Siege Breaker Consul.
  • The Boilers Unleashed - Moritats and Destroyers gain the Fearless special rule. No Consul choices other than Moritats permitted with this Rite, and the army must take at least one Moritat and one unit of Destroyers.
  • No allies permitted, no fortifications permitted.

So it's pretty destructive and there's some options for nasty esoteric stuff, but at minimum the army's 470pts for the Praetor, Moritat, Destroyers and a Tactical Squad, all without gear or extra men, so there's a bit of a nut-punch. Lemme know if I've went too far, here.

Honestly I was anticipating us using the existing Herald Banners. Possibly with an extra one added later for the Suzerainty. I am open to the possibility of changing up the abilities given though (Have to say I'd love to get the Loyalist +1WS on my Reapers :P).

So after some talking with grifft, we think this part is mostly finalized:

EAGLE WARRIORS RULES:

Rite of war: War in the night

Advantages:

• unexpected: Every infantry and bike unit in the army gains hit and run and must always move towards the closest enemy unit.
  • Ancient masters: Veterans (so not terminators) become compulsory troop choices. Tacticals may not be taken. Kaskuta become non-compulsory troops.

Drawbacks:

• We only.: May not take allies.
  • Logic leaders: One medicineman must be taken, he becomes a HQ, does not have to be the warlord

Rite of war: War in the day

Advantages

• Armored surprise: Any unit that has a Rhino Dedicated Transport option may instead take a Land Raider Proteus, if they number 10 models or fewer.
  • The first salvo: On any turn in which a unit disembarks from a transport they gain the Preferred Enemy (Everything) special rule until the end of the turn.
  • No mercy: Any vehicle that moves Flat Out in the shooting Phase may move an additional 3". Additionally vehicles may move Flat Out after performing a Tank Shock.

Drawbacks

• All infantry models must be capable of being transported by vehicles with Transport Capacity. And must begin the game embarked upon them.
  • If the opponent has more units in their deployment zone than you do at the end of the game they gain an additional D3 VPs.
  • May not take a Fortification or Allied detachment.
  • All vehicles in the detachment must purchase a Mine Plough for +10 points.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Legion astartes: Eagle warriors:

• Legiones astartes

• Inventive war: May choose one of the following special rules. this rule is given to all units in the army: Infiltrate, battle focus, counter attack or stubborn

• Everything must be extracted: If the Eagle Warriors have suffered more units destroyed then it's enemy, the enemy gains a additional VP at the end of the game

• Masters of the combat drugs: ANY unit with the infantry or bike/jetbike type may buy A-type drugs for 30 pts per unit or 10 pts per character.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eagle warriors specialized wargear:

• A-type drugs:

Drugs are used as the following: Roll a D6 each phase in the controlling players turn, the drugs are activated on a 4+ each phase, if successful use one:

Movement phase: May move 2" further then normal
Shooting phase: when shooting at a unit Gain precision shot on the rolls of 6's to hit
Combat phase: Gain +1A and +1I the turn they charge.

• Power Javelins: R8" S3 Ap3 Assault 3, pistol (Only used on jaguar toa or for +15pts on a centurion or preator)
  • Mexicatii long swords: The exact same as the White scars weapon, +20 pts, R- S: User ap2

This is just all I have for now, specialized units incoming, relic coming in too. Alexos will be the last on the list