Sequel to Scars confirmed?

b1soul

• 3 weeks later...

ADB says it takes him around a year per novel, and he's been doing MoM this year. So a late real ease next fall probably. I don't know how long BL sits on completed works.

I don't know if they "sit" on books much do they ? I mean, you need quite a bit of editing generally, plus you have to get the actual production up and working, any artwork on the cover or inside...

But yes, I get your point, just making sure people don't misunderstand tongue.png

We know Black Library do sometimes hold off on releasing something. I recall hearing that Cybernetica was finished quite a while ago, and Prospero Burns was done at the same time as A Thousand Sons, but not released until the following year. I'm not suggesting it's simply them "sitting on" things, there are probably many reasons why this might happen, some the fandom would approve of and some they wouldn't. But for whatever reason, yes, sometimes things don't get released at the earliest opportunity.

That said, as mentioned ADB said he's been working on Master of Mankind this year, and that he was working on his Ragnar novel for most of last year. MoM (yeah, love that abbreviation :p ) might take more time or less, who knows? Sometime in 2016 is probably a fair estimate.

The Scars sequel has, as far as I'm aware, been confirmed by Chris Wraight to be in the works, but I've heard of nothing beyond that. Sometimes books can come seemingly out of nowhere, other times there's plenty of build, so again it's kind of a case of "who knows?"

Do we kkow whether MoM is coming out before or after Scars 2?

No idea (that I'm aware of anyway), since we don't know what stage Scars 2 is at, or even if it's actually been started, and even if it has the authors might work at different rates, other things might come up to slow them down, etc.

I'd hazard a guess (and it really is just a personal estimate) that we'll see Master of Mankind and The Crimson King sometime next year, but I wouldn't even loosely guess at anything beyond that.

Hasn't Graham McNeill moved to America? I am thinking we might never see Crimson King...

He addressed it in his post about his move, saying that he's submitted the first half and is continuing to work on it. Moving somewhere won't itself affect his writing, and while he is moving due to a new job, there's no indication he doesn't intend to at least finish the Crimson King.

A sequel to Scars.

Master of Mankind.

The Crimson King.

A new Dark Angels novel (possibly split between Corswain and Caliban).

This is what I'm talking about. 2016 is going to be a good year for the Heresy! Sorry, Shattered Legions. Go sulk in your ruined warships and whatever hidden havens the Galaxy has left for you. Let your Remembrancers pen sad tales about such skirmishes as your ruined manpower allows for. It's high time that epics were sung about Legions once more!

(I kid, I kid. I don't mind reading some good yarns about the Shattered Legions. I just wanted to see all of the above very badly).

A sequel to Scars.

Master of Mankind.

The Crimson King.

A new Dark Angels novel (possibly split between Corswain and Caliban).

This is what I'm talking about. 2016 is going to be a good year for the Heresy! Sorry, Shattered Legions. Go sulk in your ruined warships and whatever hidden havens the Galaxy has left for you. Let your Remembrancers pen sad tales about such skirmishes as your ruined manpower allows for. It's high time that epics were sung about Legions once more!

(I kid, I kid. I don't mind reading some good yarns about the Shattered Legions. I just wanted to see all of the above very badly).

We might see one of these by the end of this year and my money is on The Crimson King. Next year, I think the list on the other thread in this forum sounds plausible, stating that we will only get 2 more Calth books by minor authors during the first half. In the second half, I would guess we get one more real book (perhaps the DA one) and one anthology. This is what I'm expecting at least. Plus a few limited editions of course...

• 2 weeks later...

Scars 2 are already almost finished and would be released early next year (April-May 2016) probabyl

There was confirmation that the sequel is being written on one of the news on warhammer app. But seeing how H1/2016 releases have been leaked already and seem credible, I would say this will be out in summer 2016 by the earliest. Before MoM anyhow I would guess.

Here: http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-bl

First up, we can tell you that the title of this new story is ‘Wolf King’. Appropriately, it focuses on Leman Russ himself as he leads the defence of his fleet against the Alpha Legion in the Alaxxes Nebula. This follows the events of ‘Scars’, by Chris Wraight.

And that leads us nicely in to the second fact, which is that Chris is also writing this new novella.

Finally, we can also reveal that in a first for Horus Heresy Limited Editions, ‘Wolf King’ will be released in two formats simultaneously: as well as the hardback, you’ll be able to download the eBook of the novella, meaning that whatever your preferred format, you’ll be able to read this epic new saga of the Rout. 

EDIT: Seems I missread. It only mentions that Chris has wrote the novella.

Archived