IG motivation and model diversity

Go outside of GW.  Prodos games have some amazingly cool infantry and their keilerkopf APC would be an awesome stand-in for a chimera or a taurox (not sure how big it is in real life) alternatively, you could ally in some inquisition for adeptus arbites using cyberdogs for crusaders or arco-flagellants.  You could ally in sisters for a slightly different profile and add penitent engines.  Hell, you could even go renegade, using one of the forge world books and ally chaos daemons for beasts and monsters.  That would be interesting.

If you already have your stuff converted, you could splice in a knight.  The knight very much breaks up the monotony and is an excellent unit on the table.

Raging Heroes have good amount of girls s to add.

Raging Heroes? More like Raging Hormones... And no, none of those will get into my army, thanks very much. Call me oldfashioned, but girls like that belong in a cosplay convention or strip club, but not on the battle field :P

Anyway, I went through some options, and I have a very good plan to break up the monotony. I like it the way it would turn out. Can not give the green light yet due to an internal conflict regarding IG and AdMech, but that is another story entirely.

Raging Heroes have good amount of girls s to add.

Raging Heroes? More like Raging Hormones... And no, none of those will get into my army, thanks very much. Call me oldfashioned, but girls like that belong in a cosplay convention or strip club, but not on the battle field tongue.png

-snip-

Although I mostly agree with you, I have seen a couple of their sketches and concepts that would be acceptable. (Although mostly in their new notdarkeldar line).

I am hoping the light and darkness kickstarter models end up looking like the concept art, because some of them are wearing fully enclosed (and in some cases rather impressive) suits of armour and aren't in sexual poses. Then again some of them are also centaurs made of naked people (Although in some ways those are way more nightmare fuel than anything else). I wish there were more options, but right now the only reliably reasonable female minis I have seen come from Victoria.

Victoria's are the best female Guard models without any doubt, I've been searching for suitable stand ins for a long time now. What I'd really like is some that would fit perfectly with the existing range (without getting the ninja lawyer team sent in) as I have a lot of Guardsmen already so would like them to blend in seamlessly on the table top.

The Raging Heroes line is much as Immer described I feel but I've not checked it in a while.

A few of them go to battle is something approaching realistic military attire, but most of them are comic book pinups.

pinups?

http://heresy-forge.ru/static/img/0000/0004/3136/43136268.md9cu70te7.jpg?1

http://heresy-forge.ru/static/img/0000/0004/3136/43136286.p1w6ufbocm.jpg?1

Look at the poses. Now try firing a rifle while in that pose. They're comic book style, the attire and posing are to show off the body rather than actually perform a function.

This isn't the place for this kind of debate, though. :)

Look at the poses. Now try firing a rifle while in that pose. They're comic book style, the attire and posing are to show off the body rather than actually perform a function.

This isn't the place for this kind of debate, though. smile.png

Well even Cadian guardsmen models are not always can be posed to fire a lasgun anywhere but into the ground in 2-3 meters infront of the model. Sergeants' laspistol hand can't be attached anyhow but with pistol pointed into the air. Is that AA laspistol? I think this point is carping too much. Model's pose should be spectacular as the model can't move to show all aspects of battle. And Warhammer 40k is not a game about realistic things as i remember.

And OK. I will not continue this discussion here.

Plus a little bit of cosplaying makes you realise just how silly some designs are. I personally prefer my Guardsmen to be a little more grounded in reality, as 'Fish said. If my regiment sends women into combat, they're yet more fodder to be fed into the meat grinder for the Greater Good. They're not there to look pretty, just hold the line. :P

Either way, after rumours of new Tau battlesuits coming out, I'm personally debating having converted Crisis Suits representing Bullgryns. Love the idea of a big energy shield that joins up with adjacent shields, carried by a big, heavy, human-fitted battlesuit. That's just my personal taste, though. :P

Of the first pic, the various models might be ok, but only in a catachan force where everyone is ridiculously unclothed anyways.
The second pic, only the bottom left might be reasonable, I would need to see more angles, the others are all strutting or otherwise posed to accentuate curves rather than action or function, i.e. pinup sexualization.

Oh The Emperor! I didn't noticed when i entered a holy monastery of the most puritanic branch of Eclesiarchy.

Don't...just don't. We agreed not to discuss this issue, please get back on topic and keep your personal thoughts on female combat attire to yourself.

Let's draw a line under this post here, no more discussion of this topic because it's something I could rant for days about.

Oh The Emperor! I didn't noticed when i entered a holy monastery of the most puritanic branch of Eclesiarchy.

Damn straight. Some of us prefer to have a realistic looking army. Besides, a half naked playboy bunny next to a soldier in full combat gear looks silly.

So yeah, either men and women in full combat gear, or both half naked in chainmail bikinis. Equal rights for everyone :d

Alright, I have finally found a good depiction of what I like. Medieval Steampunk Knights biggrin.png

Well, since I am not planning to restart SM soon, I wonder how to replicate that style (not exact model) with IG.

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/I6xET7Z.jpg

Also, this guy as commander:

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/jyv54aD.jpg

Archived