Starting up?

maverike_prime

No, this isn't a B&C fanzine. Members of the B&C may be working on it, but it will be developed and hosted elsewhere. The B&C fanzine is the Legio Imprint and this forum is for work on the Legio Imprint, not some other fanzine.

As I've stated multiple times before, we encourage it and hope it succeeds, but basic courtesy demands that you use the resources of the other site instead of taking away from the B&C's.

If you want to work on an issue of the Legio Imprint, carry on within this forum.

If you want to work on the other site's fanzine, please take the discussion to the other site.

To be clear, this discussion is supposed to be about the Legio Imprint. It's only the posts steering towards the other site that I'm referring to.

I'm all about starting work on an issue of the Legio Imprint here. I think that's what most members are voicing their support for, including you. And that's perfectly fine (and highly encouragedbiggrin.png ).

Yeah. The other site quip was just an organisational site were you can upload texts and testpages more easy. It was nit another site to publish anything.

I thought legio imprint we want to work on as a grafically and layout improved fanzine from the b&c.

So yeah I want to create a Legio Imprint. Same name different look. Create maybe a template so that other users will have an easy starting point.

To be clear, this discussion is supposed to be about the Legio Imprint. It's only the posts steering towards the other site that I'm referring to.

I'm all about starting work on an issue of the Legio Imprint here. I think that's what most members are voicing their support for, including you. And that's perfectly fine (and highly encouragedbiggrin.png ).

Um... excuse me BT, what posts are you referring to? In the original thread the idea of a publication separate from B&C had been brought up but ultimately dismissed. I'm not aware of anywhere in this thread that this topic has been brought up again. My understanding was that this discussion as been about getting what is ultimately hoped to be a quarterly released fan-publication under the title of "Legio Imprint" set up and running.

Your posts, specifically.

We already have all of the mechanisms we need right here. There's no need for another site.

The B&C has a mechanism to allow multiple authors to work on the same material while tracking changes as well as providing a unified location for file storage and tracking and provide semi-large scale file uploads, that can be set to private to avoid outside harassment and unwanted involvement?

And I was not talking about another site. I was talking about setting up the production tools on a different host so they don't conflict with the software of the B&C. Sort of like if you're going to make an Ice Sculpture for a grand ball, you don't work on the sculpture in the grand ball room.

so, after that is cleared, when can we start?

How fast can you get assemble an issue 1 team? Regardless of what B&C has or doesn't have we can still start work with a combination of email, drop box and the like. Anything that B&C can offer for coordination and collaboration will only be an enhancement. I guess the best way to approach this is to say "You worry about WHAT we are going to do" while I'll deal with the "HOW we are going to do it". In all honesty, you've got the bigger challenge out of the puzzle. You need to assemble a team to put together issue 1, including content, images, layout, links, ect. That's kind of the challenge with issue 1. We need to make an established process of publication. What happens first, who is responsible for that, what they need to accomplish, who they need to connect with for the next thing, what they need to make sure happens, ect. Once we've got that understanding, then I can work to assemble the tools, materials and resources to facilitate it.

At first I need the core team. Togheter we make up the inlays. Then we search for the exact content needed. Otherwise it ends in chaos.( well that is the planning stadium of a whole ne publication) the planning alone costs time. Until a first issue can be released in the free market, it can take up to two years of hard work. Well we don't habe to compete on the marker so we can shorten the time. But the whole planning process takes time. And: is there a way to look on the old LI? They links on the board leads to nirvana.

First act will be to get people. So how do we achieve that? Is there a possibility to pm every member or just post a message on every board.

If I see it correctly we are atm 4 people, right?

At first I need the core team. Togheter we make up the inlays. Then we search for the exact content needed. Otherwise it ends in chaos.( well that is the planning stadium of a whole ne publication) the planning alone costs time. Until a first issue can be released in the free market, it can take up to two years of hard work. Well we don't habe to compete on the marker so we can shorten the time. But the whole planning process takes time. And: is there a way to look on the old LI? They links on the board leads to nirvana.

First act will be to get people. So how do we achieve that? Is there a possibility to pm every member or just post a message on every board.

If I see it correctly we are atm 4 people, right?

I know we've had a couple people in this thread speak up to offer support of one sort or another. There were also several people in the other thread that voiced up. I'll assemble a list below.

Grotsmasha said  he's got some ideas and would be up for helping with the next issue. Donno if he means the pilot issue, or what would become issue 2. But yeah.

Teetengee said he'd be on board for helping with articles that deal with home brew rules and formations.

- As I've said before I feel that home brew rules and such should be done in limited amounts and rather then being a regular feature, be a special occurrence.

Dolchiate Remembrancer has said he's up for community reporting.

Inquisitor Kravin had worked on the Dornian Heresy Legio Imprint previously and has offer his support for advising and general process.

Lord Thorn has said he help to provide general information but can not commit to anything like a regular column right now.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer said he'd be able to act as the publisher assembling the content into each issue.

And I guess I'm operating as the IT manager or whatever the term for it is. So I can set up an conference via skype or set up a Drop Box for file sharing, what have you. Just lemme know what either what you want to have happen, or what you want to have done and I'll figure out a way to make it work.

That looks like everyone. If I skipped someone, my bad. Just speak up. So I guess now it's your show now, MikhalLeNoir

-snip-

Teetengee said he'd be on board for helping with articles that deal with home brew rules and formations.

- As I've said before I feel that home brew rules and such should be done in limited amounts and rather then being a regular feature, be a special occurrence.

-snip-

I have no major problems with it being a non regular feature, but I figured I would offer since I could do a mission regularly.

About the brew rules and what we should cover, we could discuss it maybe on a chatsession?

Some kind of regular editorsession would be cool, cause simply throwing things togheter isn't what i see for a regular magazine.

so we could have regular article, where we write about creative rules. or something like a loremaster who could be fateweaver and has one true and one false tale in every article and the people can decide for themselves. then the best of tutorial, battle reports, and so one.

but a right brainstorming session is needed. where the core team will talk about their ideas directly..

What do the others think?

About the brew rules and what we should cover, we could discuss it maybe on a chatsession?

Some kind of regular editorsession would be cool, cause simply throwing things togheter isn't what i see for a regular magazine.

so we could have regular article, where we write about creative rules. or something like a loremaster who could be fateweaver and has one true and one false tale in every article and the people can decide for themselves. then the best of tutorial, battle reports, and so one.

but a right brainstorming session is needed. where the core team will talk about their ideas directly..

Welcome to the joys of leadership.

Isn't that basically what we are doing here?

Tell me more about this fateweaver thing. What do you mean about one true and one false tale?

As above.

I will start a new thread where we simply insert our ideas. I want a clean start, were only the ideas for topics are put into. Don't have the time to scan through all thise old posts. This thread was dedicated to find a somebody. Now we have somebody and start the ground work.

The fateweaver thing is. One head says this. The other a complete different story. Was just an idea to make the liremaster thing funny.

So a few ideas of what could/should go in:

- Battle Report

- Painting/Modelling guide

- A Codex Approved equivalent section

- Fluff section, including an Index Astartes/Traitoris/or any others, and a short story: this short story could either be part of a serialized "novel" or a true short story spotlighting the same organisation as the index

- A fun but grimdark mascotte, a bit like Grombrindal was for White Dwarf. The editorial could be written from the point of view of this chap, as well as other notes here or there.

- A thought for the day.

EDIT : I originally wrote this in the Brainstorming board before noticing we weren't supposed to write there yet laugh.png

Archived