Quick question

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

greetings all,

I only got the chance to skim my books, but are combi-graviton guns a thing for the Legions?

I can find where combi-weapons are purchasable, but it doesnt list what components make up the gun (that i found)an find where combi-weapons are purchasable, but it doesnt list what components make up the gun (that i found)

just looking for some affordable tank killing spam and their ability to haywire crap interests me

WLK

Funny you should mention combi-weapons! In the most recent (but kinda out dated) FAQ for 30k, it has a list for all available Combi-Weapons for 30k.

Do all combi-weapons in the Space Marine Legion Army list follow the rules published in the new 40K rulebook?

Horus Heresy-era combi-weapons have their own range of secondary weapon options which differ from their 41st Millennium counterparts, as shown in the 7th edition rulebook.

These are as follows:

• - Flamer
  • - Meltagun
  • - Plasma gun
  • - Grenade launcher (frag or krak – choose which type when fired)
  • - Volkite charger

The bolter component of the weapon may be used any number of times in the game, the secondary weapon may only be used once.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

So, technically, no, Combi-Graviton is not a thing :(

Thanks for the quick reply, and darn. 

I was hoping to kit out Cataphractii with them as many of the bigger tanks have armored ceramite. I have 2 rapier laser destroyers on order, and building 2 deathstorm drop pods for my RG and trying to keep things as fluffy as possible without crippling myself.

thanks again,

WLK

Try Grav armed Breachers. You can infiltrate them, and with a VIgilator, you can scout them too, getting them easily within range of the enemy units.

I have looked at them along with land speeders...just trying out ideas and such. Got a single game of 30k in and got utterly trounced by an Ad Mech army. Since then I've added a bit to my RG, but always looking at options. 

I am currently building a Cataphractii Command Squad and got curious about the combi-weapon options.

WLK

i may just keep this thread ongoing for future questions as they happen instead of repeatedly starting new topics:

new question of the day:

In 30k, do my models in Drop Pods HAVE to emerge from their Drop Pods the turn they arrive? 

With shooting being so scary, I was debating keeping them in their pods and only emerging turn 2 when more guys arrive. I think this is legit with the Anvillus, but cant find for sure on regular Legion drop pods.

thanks all,

WLK

No they do not.

Every and all 30k Drop pod lets you stay inside for as long as you want to before emerging...until they're destroyed at least.

Its been asked before in Emails to Forgeworld and FAQs I think? And they've said as much.

• 2 weeks later...
Rules question:

The RG's "By Wing and Talon" rule gives Infiltrate to all Infantry models, with the exception of those in Terminator armor. 

Would this apply to Rapier Batteries? The crew members are Infantry not in TDA, but the gun itself falls under Artillery.

Infiltrate itself states that as long as 1 model has it, the unit would have it. Would the crew's ability to Infiltrate as they are Infantry be negated by the Artillery rule of the Rapier?

WLk

Yes you can infiltrate the artillery platform, only 1 model in a unit has to have infiltrate for the whole unit to infiltrate. The only restriction is that ICs with Infiltrate can't join unit without infiltrate and vice versa.

There is a bunch of rules that are contagious with the most common ones being Tank Hunters, Preferred Enemy, Scout, Hatred, and Fearless.

Archived