Want (or rather what I want to get in for February):

• Imperial Armour volume 2 second edition
  • Apocalypse Damnos
  • Death Company Dreadnought
  • Space Marine Legion Pintle Weapon set
  • Deimos Vindicator
  • Cullexus Assassin
  • Eversor Assassin
  • Mk V Dreadnought Autocannon arm (at least one)

I went on a binge when I started up again a couple of months ago and bought lots of stuff off eBay.

That included about 10 Assault Terminators and a Landraider which have so far not made it into any of my lists. My friend has agreed to lend me a Landraider so I can get the two squads of termies on the field someday.

• 1 month later...

I bought 4 land speeders off eBay as a bundle package the other day simply because they were there for 36 quid all in. Went up to around 40 but still a bargain. The fact I already had another 5 at home unopened and pretty far down my paint list didn't even register with me. Purely greed after seeing them in my "You may also like" list.

Should have put the money towards a couple of drop pods.

Capt Hellion - Hit up eBay dude. There a loads on sales for literally a fraction of rrp.

Then invest in a toothbrush, a bottle of the brown detol, and a decent plastic bucket. Leave to soak for a full day (like 24 hours) and give a scrub with the brush. Paint comes off like so clean. Once finished wash in warm soapy water (but don't mix the detox and soapy water or you'll get a tacky layer on the model).

The things will look like new, and there will be no strange base coat to effect your painting (or loss of detail on model due to multi layers of paint). Glue bonds are unaffected, and you get zero warping or bubbling to the surface of the plastic.

This also works on the old lead models for what it's worth.

Suddenly you don't feel so bad about buying stuff you don't need - mainly because you can still afford all the stuff you do!

Need:

• Forge World Mark IV BA heads
  • New assault marine kit
  • Scenic base for Dante
  • Shield of Baal: Exterminatus rulebook
  • Time to actually participate in the hobby

Bought:

• 10 Grav Guns from Kromlech

I need to stop making life decisions while working during the night. On that same note, guess I will be whipping up some BA bikers in the future.

Need:

• Food
  • Coffee
  • Train fare
  • To finish this thesis and get a job

Want (or rather what I want to get in for February):

• Imperial Armour volume 2 second edition
  • Apocalypse Damnos
  • Death Company Dreadnought
  • Space Marine Legion Pintle Weapon set
  • Deimos Vindicator
  • Cullexus Assassin
  • Eversor Assassin
  • Mk V Dreadnought Autocannon arm (at least one)

*sigh*

Like someone else earlier said, even though I could really use some pods, instead I bought a knight I'll probably never use. Still, I can paint it red and just carry it around with the rest of my army, just for scaring people. 

Oh yeah- I got another Baneblade, too. Why? Eh, why not? I doubt there will ever be a situation where I'm thinking to myself, "Man, if only I had brought three Baneblades instead of two," but you never know. 

I need a paper copy of the BA 'dex, so I bought a Tau one...

Not sure if tragic or hilarious.

One thing I do know is that it's HERESY!!!

D

Well, seeing as i bought the old one and the latest has just been released, i call it pretty damn tragic!

Stupid xenos...

I need a paper copy of the BA 'dex, so I bought a Tau one...

Not sure if tragic or hilarious.

One thing I do know is that it's HERESY!!!

D

Well, seeing as i bought the old one and the latest has just been released, i call it pretty damn tragic!

Stupid xenos...

Double hilarity.

Double tragedy.

Doubled HERESY!!!

D

Oh, I've needed transports of all types (rhinos, razorbacks, drop pods) for a long time now. So much so that it's inhibiting my ability to play games because all I have is jump infantry/infantry in all BA flavors. But transports are just sooooooooooo boring to paint >.<

Oh, I know. My income is so low that even ebay bargains don't let me do much of anything beyond the GW store. And I love building things, so I prefer the full kits anyway.

Yep. After a year of buying and cleaning up second hand models from ebay...

I realised that I take a lot more fun from building the thing in the first place, and the time spent doing the cleaning actually renders it the same cost!

But transports are just sooooooooooo boring to paint >.<

Army painter red spray paints.

You're welcome.

Archived