What you needs vs what you buy?

Charlo

The upcoming Horus Heresy boxed set! Not quite sure i will buy it cause i own already enough dreads including one contemptor. Same with Terms and Chaplains and Caps.

I only have need for troops so maybe im waiting for tac-sprues on ebay.

Put my money already on one box of sterns vanguards and devastators. So i blew already my hobby-money for the rest of the year. ph34r.pngmellow.png

Ordered a Fire Raptor, Deredeo Dreadnought, Boarding shields upgrade (to make SS + gun command squad veterans) from FW yesterday. And Astrorath & Lemartes (also for use as a generic BA jump chaplain) so I can actually use all 3 Relics of the Armoury (including my Sicaran) at the same time if I want to.

That I have only finished 9 Blood Angel models so far, and have a large to-paint pile already is apparently of minor consequence to my buying needs...

Need to finish the 7 death company and the terminators I primed. Need to put together the 30 mixed kit bashed tactical marines from the blood Angel and new tactical kits I got. What I'm buying is a Horus heresy box set. Because 70 tacticals, that's why!

70? 30 in the box I think!

Need:

2 more pods

Command squad

Vanguard vets

Paint what I have

Just bought.

Predator executioner

Heresy whirlwind

Praetor set (ready for Ba in hh)

5 More gal vorbak for my word bearers

Not sure how or why that order happened

That new 30k box is tempting me. I'm a sucker for stand alone games... Zombicide snagged me pretty good...

Picked up shield of baal death storm...

Feel like I need 2 land raider crusaders, an honor guard (probably made out of gray knights) and a good chapter master terminator...

And about 30 other terminators... Lol...

The upcoming HH boxed set looks especially tempting since it is filled to the top with Mark IV armour. And no one looks as badass in Maximus as the Blood Angels.

Even though my plastic backlog is starting to rival Khorne's Throne of Skulls in height, I think I want one of those sets. Let's not talk about needs in this post... biggrin.png

Well, I preordered Betrayal at Calth and got a good deal on a Knight (£60 brand new). I will paint the Calth loyalists as Blood Angels so I will have a second full strength tactical squad for 40k, plus special weapon options. Knight might also be useful when I get around to painting it - so I guess I could argue this was something I bought that I needed... Sort of!

I just pre ordered a Betrayal at Calth box at the local shop for %25 off. I keep looking for ideas on what heresy army paint scheme I want to do, and keep coming back to the realization that if I do Blood Angels, I can use some of my 40k in my 30k right away, and vice versa. Also, I can use bits and such I already have to flavor throughout the MkIV armor, and any forge world bits I get can also be used on my 40k army. Then I think about what a backlog I have of things already... And start looking at forge world upgrade packs and the GW ones and transfers.

I have a sickness, and the treatment is more models.

Archived