Imperial Guard or Skitarii

I have done a great mistake. I have involved by brain in this matter. Well, there it goes again.

Said brain decided to optimize stuff and do the inevitable comparison. What army is superior when combined with Cult, IG or SKI?

IG bring loads of heavy metal AV, which fits the theme of the army quite well. They bring more, but inferior dudesmen. Even Vets and Scions are inferior to the Vanguard. But there is more.

They also bring the almighty BANEBLADE! which is superior to a Knight in terms of points per dead models (specifically, the Stormsword for killing or Stormlord for ferrying around Grav Destroyers).

Skits bring better guns and more efficient dakka, better specials, far better anti-air and counter-assault options. They are generally more mobile and once IG have been de-meched they are also more durable and far more mobile.

But they lack big hitters like fully decked out Executioners, a Platoon filled with specials and heavies, and worst of all, they lack vehicles, which makes the army feel less heavy.

However, they are ultimately cheaper, since all those toys add up with the Guard.

So, any thoughts on what army is better to supply the regular dudesmen for Cult?

Cheers ;)

I like the skitarii. I have found, that using the scout move with multiple unit going up field I get across the board. Though I will admit I have not been running maelstrom missions. With the ruststalkers, infiltrators, dragoons, getting there even quicker, they tend to take the brunt of turn 1 fire. Leaving my vanguard alone. Turn 2 my vanguard is in range.

That is fair. I just can not get behind the idea of a 100% walking army without driving tanks. I am also a bit worried about survivability. Having said that, I have only done two games with Skitarii. While I have won both, the one against IG has been hell, while the one against Draigo Cent Star was a walk in the park.

That is fair. I just can not get behind the idea of a 100% walking army without driving tanks. I am also a bit worried about survivability. Having said that, I have only done two games with Skitarii. While I have won both, the one against IG has been hell, while the one against Draigo Cent Star was a walk in the park.

I would like to know how that went!

Archived