REF - Reference Information

simison

Weapon Development throughout the Great Crusade

• Volkites replaced by Bolters - No standard date is given. Going to go with early GC, perhaps 850ish.
  • Predator without transport capacity - No timetable given, only that the 'modern' Predator was in use by the time of the Heresy. Actually, there could be two variants of the Predator: transport and battle tank. Would guess the phasing out of the transport pattern to start early and be completed by mid-GC, 900ish.
  • Spartan - Off of wikis, it was during the GC and specifically after terminators came into being. Since terminators don't have a firm invention date, I'm leaning mid-GC, 900ish. Confirmed by Nate.
  • Vindicator - Confused with two, maybe three origin stories. Availability not confirmed until mid-GC.
  • Sicaran - Deployed just as the Heresy began, so 000.M31-005.M31.
  • Leviathan Dreadnought - Deployed just as the Heresy began, so 000.M31-005.M31.
  • Whirlwind Scorpius- Deployed just as the Heresy began, so 000.M31-005.M31.
  • Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer - Since it's based on the Spartan chasis, it needs to come after that. Figure a couple of decades later would be fine, 930ish.
  • Typhon Heavy Siege Tank - Developed concurrently with the Spartan
  • Falchion Super Heavy Tank Destroyer - 'developed long before the outbreak of the Horus Heresy', figuring 950ish at the latest.
  • Stormblade Super Heavy Tank - Created explicitly by the Forge World Lucius. Lucius is in Seg. Obscurus, not far from the Gothic Sector. I'm guessing this might be a early- to mid-GC discovery, probably 880ish?
  • Fellblade Super-Heavy Tank - A few decades before the Heresy, probably 970ish.
  • Glaive Heavy Special Weapons Tank - Early GC, was said to be used during the battles to penetrate the galactic core. Probably the Harbingers' favorite super-heavy tank.
  • Thunderhawk - 'Recently entered into service', a decade at most before the Heresy. 990ish.
  • Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport - Described as being used very rarely 'during the later Great Crusade'. Maybe 950ish at earliest?
  • Breacher Squads - 'since the early days of the Great Crusade', available 915ish? Maybe earlier.
  • Seeker Squad - Explicitly mentioned as an Alpha Legion invention, which makes them a late entry to the GC. Unless someone invents them earlier.
  • Dreadnoughts - Available since the beginning
  • Contemptor Dreadnought - 'relatively recent design' hints at a late GC entry, maybe 980ish.
  • Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought - Came about during Ullanor, so Qarith for us.
  • Damocles Command Rhino - Later than the early GC 'Proteus Explorator Land Raider' and before the recent 'Spartan Hermtika siege command vehicles'. Mid-GC then.
  • Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter - Recent addition, 990ish at the earliest.
  • Xiphon Pattern Interceptor - The only unit I've seen given an actual date: 806.M30.

I think that covers the noteworthy items. Everything else should have be available from the Unification Wars onward. This list is to help remind me of what units are available and weave them seamlessly into Second Son.

Archived