Heavy weapons point cost

My only problem with that is you can now hide them inside a chimera and still give orders. 

Orders cannot be issued to embarked units

However they can be issued from inside a chimera, thanks to the command vehicle rule.

A points reduction would be the right thing to do

The current cost of ig heavy weapon squads goes back to the days when gw put a premium on squads that could take massed special and heavy weapons. For example in 3rd edition a heavy bolter was 5 points in a space marine tactical squads but 15 in a devastator squad... They have since done away with this and all special and heavy weapons cost the same in c:sm regardless of who takes them...

This train of thought was in the old ig codex and will probably go away once they finally update them.

Why do people keep responding to this? my question was answered a while ago.

My only problem with that is you can now hide them inside a chimera and still give orders. 

Orders cannot be issued to embarked units

However they can be issued from inside a chimera, thanks to the command vehicle rule.

Mobile Command Vehicle: An officer embarked within a Chimera may still issue orders to squads. Measure range from any part of the Chimera’s hull.

Which only means that orders can be issued to units from Chimera. The unit inside Chimera is still embarked and cannot be a targget of an order.

I fail to see the problem. A command squad can give orders from inside the protection of a chimera. Nobody suggested orders would be given to embarked squads.

Anyway, it would be nice if we could get some kind of points adjustment for the heavy weapons teams, since autocannons are so amazing, mortars are so underwhelming, Lascannon HWT are just meh (expensive targets), and nobody even considers heavy bolters (they lost pinning as well iirc). Perhaps they all perform better with bunkers and trench lines.

Archived