Kitbashed Priest

morroccomole

Hello all, just thought I'd show off my latest handiwork. I plan on turning this thread into my regimental WIP page, once I get better photos of my army.

Most of the bits came from the Cadian command sprues, with the exception being the aquila, which I found on a Valkyrie sprue. The purity seal was (carefully) clipped from one of the regimental banners, after I removed the flag portion to make his priestly stave.

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy99/morroccomole/2015-09-03%2020.08.35_zps9yqdszxs.jpg

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy99/morroccomole/2015-09-03%2020.08.54_zpsp5vl4hxd.jpg

He's been primed in white, and is awaiting the mood to strike when I am motivated enough to paint!

Thanks! I originally planned to use the arms from vehicle kits that didn't have shoulder pads, but I couldn't get the look I wanted with what I had. So since the arms were going to have shoulder pads, I figured I'd use the command torso with flak armor. I might paint it in the inverse of the color scheme of my army, just to make him stand out as one of the Ecclisiarchy.

He looks good, I'd add some more religious stuff to top him off and make sure his staff doesn't have people confusing him for a psyker. There are a variety of suitable bits you can use but you also can't beat scribble script for adding some faith thumbsup.gif

just started kitbashing one my self, any elaboration on "a variety of suitable bits" ?

progress pics in my plog or can post them in here if morroccomole doesnt mind the highjack? :)

Mostly just your standard 40k extras - scrolls, purity seals and the fancier stuff like incense and cords that Marines can get (DA especially). The Imperial Cult does like its trinkets so you can't go wrong making them look like crazy hoarders :lol: Looking forward to seeing your priest, perhaps painted up soon? ;)

• 2 months later...

I recently started painting again, after a long pause, so I thought I would post a photo sampling my army, so you get a feel for the theme I decided to go with. I started a year ago with rudimentary skills, and I've been improving with every model I paint. Fluff-wise, I haven't figured out a name or homeworld yet, but I was inspired by the Mordian Iron guard when I chose the paint scheme as urban-style vehicles, and dress uniforms instead of tactical colors.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah197/Aaron_Joseph_Solley/Army%20on%20parade_zps2gk8l3er.jpg

I was going for tiger stripes, but I'm quite pleased with how the Banewolf turned out. I wanted to do one of those shark mouths on the front section (a la Flying Tigers,) but it's a bit beyond my abilities at the moment. I guess I could use masking tape to create a stencil to lay over the vehicle?

• 2 months later...

Archived