EVENT - The Shadow Crusade

Sigismund229

That's a little different, though. I think for the Blood Crusade Raktra should be operating under the belief that they're working to damn Hectarion, and not realise he's also a candidate. Raktra being "faster" and then ascending because of that doesn't quite make sense to me.

Plus on Terra you have the Gwal factor.

Raktra does not know anything. For travier wants a powerful follower of khorne. If it is raktra, great, if it will ne hec, even greater necause it will hurt the empire drastically. And for hec regsining control after he hunts down trsvier and and raktra, after he played the cat & mouse game travier sets up, killing millions of people is just out of char. Hec storms right into the trap. I would leave it a mystery why raktra ascended and not hec although he is infused with pure hatred for his two brothers and the shard clearly resonated with the warp powers of the planet they were on.

I like the Gwal factor^^ could cool hec down^^.

I was going to suggest that Hec feeling himself being wrenched at by the Warp (there isn't really a good reason for Raktra to ascend ahead of him wth all those factors playing on Hec), the shard coming closer to the surface, and realises how close to the brink he is.

We also have the possibility that one of the Lions could intervene, trying to get through to Hec rather than attacking Raktra.

Edited by bluntblade

Scribblings:

+++++

Then he felt it. His body contorted, buckled. Pain, nova-hot, lacerating him. There was pain of the flesh, but something else, clawing at the intangible part of him he had always knew existed but never acknowledged. A roar somewhere between a beast and a furnace blast echoed in his head, triumph ringing through the noise.

The beast, the parasite that had poisoned his soul for so long. It was too fragmented to form words, but its thoughts and emotions were savagely plain. This was communion, the surrender of his soul to its master. The shard revelled in it, and the bloodshed at must surely follow. His ears registered noise - Travier exultant in his triumph. Another Primarch, won to the armies of the Arch-Traitor, reduced to a monster that would only ever desire to kill for the same of bloodshed. A Legion dragged into madness. Everything Hectarion had done to save his people, in vain.

He rebelled. The shard was nothing he could fight with his hands, but that didn't matter. He was a Primarch, born of sorcery as much as genetics, the stuff of the aether laced through his veins. The shard was close to the surface, where he could finally recognise it, separate from himself. Behind his eyes he seized it, no wolf of blood but a lion. In the world of the senses he heard Raktra bellow and the thump of his thrusters as the Ashen King came to finish the job. He cast aside the lion’s form and smote the daemon in his heart, feeling it tear free.