traitor symbol

paulJam

so if the imperium uses an aquilla,

and chaos marines (generallly) use the 8 pointed star,

and the inquisition uses "I"

any suggestions for what traitors/pirate warbands (but non-chaos) might use, and not including individual group heraldry?

i know they're not a consolidated faction as such... [ed] secessionists/rebels. anyone heard of such a symbol?

[...]successionists[...]

I believe you may mean 'secessionists', brother. :)

And, no, I don't believe there's an overarching symbology for them aside from, perhaps, a defaced Imperial Eagle. I don't really know what else could be used with any regularity across many differing and widely spread groupings. 

Agreed with Olis, there isn't a specific symbol that I'm aware of (and probably wouldn't be as these renegades tend to be smaller groups or individuals, each with their own beliefs, character, etc).

A common motif would indeed likely be the defacement of any Imperial iconology, when I did my own DIY pirates I didn't remove Imperial Eagles but I did put sizeable scratches through them! A canon example (though possibly retconned?) would be the Red Corsairs, where individuals would leave their armour in Chapter colours but mark through their badges with a red cross.

I believe you may mean 'secessionists', brother. smile.png

And, no, I don't believe there's an overarching symbology for them aside from, perhaps, a defaced Imperial Eagle. I don't really know what else could be used with any regularity across many differing and widely spread groupings.

i did indeed. fat fingers small phone ta.

i guess the symbolism works, there is a tie to the imperium.

A common motif would indeed likely be the defacement of any Imperial iconology, when I did my own DIY pirates I didn't remove Imperial Eagles but I did put sizeable scratches through them! A canon example (though possibly retconned?) would be the Red Corsairs, where individuals would leave their armour in Chapter colours but mark through their badges with a red cross.

good ideas both. probably will go with the defaced eagle (maybe upside down and with one wing missing).

it's not for the warbands actual armour; they only display their own crest/icon and strip all the aquillas.

it's just for the storage box. so no in-universe usage reference.

thanks again for the ideas

Archived