(220pts)

Lord Of War:

Perturabo, Primarch Of The Iron Warriors

Forgebreaker

Rite Of War: Pride Of The Legion

(490pts)

Total: 3000/3000pts

Tactics:

Before we start here, I just want to say that this is in no way intended to be a competitive list. While this could be absolutely devastating to an opponent, it leaves my guys extremely vulnerable to a counter-attack. It's really an all or nothing list. Basically, everything except the Damocles starts in reserves. Perturabo allows them all to roll for reserves turn 1 and the Damocles lets me bring them in on a 2+. They also won't scatter within 24" of the Damocles. Really, if they don't make a serious dent by at least turn 2, they're dead.

Is armoured ceramite worth it on the Fire Raptors? You could get some autocannon dakka from them if it isn't paramount to their survival :) (I don't play so no idea how common melta is against flyers!)

It's worth the protection, especially if you're wanting to go into hover mode. I'd rather not get a reaper autocannon battery. I personally think Shrapnel Heavy bolters are much more effective. Although they do less damage, they can pin some enemy units, which can be very useful, especially if it's something that you don't want back at you. Also, more Dakka. To add to this, there are quite a lot of Tau Players who like to abuse the whole interceptor Fusion gun crisis suit thing.

EDIT

I've dropped a siege breaker and replaced him with a Damocles. The remaining siege breaker will go with Perty's Death Star unit. I might reduce the remaining tyrant squads to 5 man squads so I can bring the Tormentor. If not, I'm going to max out my chainfists.

Archived