Can Skitarii have allies?

Emperor's Furor

The only way anyone can have allies is by adding another Detachment to the army, or going Unbound.

Skitarii work exactly like everything else, whether you're including them in your army as part of a Combined Arms Detachment, a Maniple, any of their Formations, whatever.

Is this list legal then? and are Skitarii and marines Battle Brothers?

Skitarii Vanguard (10) - Omnispex / (3) Plasma Caliver / Power Sword / Phosphor blast pistol / Pater Radium / Conversion field  - 250

Skitarii Rangers (10) -  Omnispex / (3) Arc rifle / Arc maul / Arc pistol - 205

Skitarii Rangers (10) - Omnispex / (3) Transuranic arequbus / Taser Goad / Radium pistol- 220

Onager - Neutron Laser and cognis heavy stubber / Cognis Manipulator / Smoke Launchers - 145

Allies
Tech Marine - Servo Harness - 90
Space Marines (10) - 140
Rhino - 35

Detachment
Knight Paladin - 375

Detachment
Culexus - 140

Yes, of course: there's basically no such thing as an illegal army, just Battle-forged or Unbound.

That army would be Battle-forged if you took the Skitarii in a Skitarii Maniple, the Space Marines in an Allied Detachment, the Knight Paladin in an Oathsworn Detachment, and the Culexus Assassin in an Officio Assassinorum Detachment.

Yes. If you buy it as a Dedicated Transport for the Tactical Squad, only they can start in it, but anything can use it once the game begins.

If you buy it as Fast Attack instead, anyone can start the game in it.

The advantage of buying it as a Dedicated Transport is that it would have Objective Secured.

yep^^ the systems works like that:

basically you build your army using:

- Detachments (like the old army organisation chart - f.e. the CAD/Combined Arms Detachment)

- Formations (GW says you which units to use and you get special rules)

- "Decurions" or whatever they are called now, basically a few formations together

- you can use any codices you like in your army, aslong as they can play together (f.e. daemons and chaos marines is ok; tyranids and loyal marines not)

- you can use as many formations/detachments/decurions as you have points

alternative, you can go Unbound and use whatever you have ...^^

so yeah, you can use an army consisting of:

- Skitarii Maniple

- Knight Formation/Detachment

- Imperial Assassin

- Tempestus Scions Detachment

I want to use it as a delivery device to get my Vanguard up against my opponent and deliver a punishing barrage.

A single Rhino is quite likely to be destroyed before you get to do that. You don't have a lot of armour so it's an easy and obvious target. But the rules certainly allow you to try.

I want to use it as a delivery device to get my Vanguard up against my opponent and deliver a punishing barrage.

A single Rhino is quite likely to be destroyed before you get to do that. You don't have a lot of armour so it's an easy and obvious target. But the rules certainly allow you to try.

Yeah I know, last game though I had all my units foot slogging and they got owned, this time it's a bigger game and I'm hoping my Knight or Onager may be a more tempting target. It's only a trial, I want a full admech force in future but not got enough yet so I'm having to ally stuff in.

looks good, I'm sure your vanguard alpha in the 3x plasma squad is your warlord eh msn-wink.gif re-rolling the plasma shots is a must if you take 3 of em...

I use Jimmy neutron Onager's as well and find it very handy(i will run 3 of em as a unit eventually) did you think of trying for a drop pod for the vanguard? or is that too many points to sink?or is it a fast attack purchase...im not even sure LOL i haven't played marines since last Ed sad.png ...

How does the Culexus go...What's your main use for that as its quite specific,do you face psykers a lot?...

cheers Mithril

looks good, I'm sure your vanguard alpha in the 3x plasma squad is your warlord eh msn-wink.gif re-rolling the plasma shots is a must if you take 3 of em...

I use Jimmy neutron Onager's as well and find it very handy(i will run 3 of em as a unit eventually) did you think of trying for a drop pod for the vanguard? or is that too many points to sink?or is it a fast attack purchase...im not even sure LOL i haven't played marines since last Ed sad.png ...

How does the Culexus go...What's your main use for that as its quite specific,do you face psykers a lot?...

cheers Mithril

Not used the Culexus yet, but I face Eldar a lot and I got fed up of all their jiggery pockery lol

As for the drop pod if it's fast attack I could swap it I guess, only thing is I like the rhino's ability to move the unit about after the initial deployment, especially when I'm facing swift armies like the Eldar. Also dropping in a unit without support especially when it combines my warlord is giving the enemy two VP straight off the bat.

ok, not using the pod makes sense happy.png I do see you have kitted out the alpha in the transuranic arq unit...why? if those guys are doing their job- 3x sniper rifles at 60" they're not going to see any heat,except for maybe a marine pod and honestly if someones going to dedicate a whole pod of marines after just one unit in your backfield then thats a great thing(all your other stuff is still going to be killing devil.gif ) those extra points could be better spent on say melta or plasma for your marines...huh.png

Mithril

Had my game, Culexus got owned in first turn by battery of D cannons, left the vanguard in rhino for a turn then moved them forward they weathered one turn of fire in the rhino jumped out and killed a farseer and three crew because apparently wounds don't travel to those you can't see.

Knight went on a rampage and killed everything in it's path including two units of grotesques, Uriah and a Succubus. Marines took out two Raiders, Onager turned around and blasted a unit of swooping hawks to bits before succumbing to two more units of hawks.

All my Skitarii got wiped out, only thing I had left was the tech marine, half my marines and my knight on full HP who kept missing everything with his battle cannon. Basically feel like the weak part of my force is the Skitarii >.<

I lost mostly because all the cards my opponent got were easy for him to achieve, I had stuff like deny the witch and capture objectives well far from me. Also I won the right to set up first and get the first turn but because I had a lord of war they got plus 1 and rolled a 5, so not only did I set up first I didn't get the first turn and was facing a super mobile Dark Eldar/Eldar force.

Archived