2000pt Death Guard List

times_of_woe

Hey Everyone,

I've been working on a Death Guard pre heresy army of late , I paint more than play.

I'm keen to let these guys join the fray thou. I'm new to gaming in the 31st millennium so I would really appreciate some feedback and critique on my list I'm working on.

+++ Death Guard (1998pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1998pts) ++

+ HQ (490pts) +

Calas Typhon (410pts)

[5x Deathshroud Terminators

····Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

Legion Centurion (80pts) [Artificer armour], Consul, Power Fist

+ Troops (550pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (290pts) [Chem-munitions, 19x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox

·

Legion Tactical Support Squad (260pts) Chem-munitions, 9x Legion Space Marines

····Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (65pts) [Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer

····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Rad Grenades]

+ Elites (373pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (55pts)

····Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons]

Techmarine Covenant (138pts)

····Legion Techmarine 2x Flamer, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Servo-automata

+ Heavy Support (585pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (290pts)

····Legion Predator Tank (135pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Chem-munitions, Extra Armour, Heavy Bolters, Heavy Flamer,

····Legion Predator Tank (155pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Chem-munitions, Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer, Lascannons]

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (295pts)

Hey, welcome to the forums.  Congratulations for picking Death Guard as your legion of choice, may all the dirt and grime serve your armour well!

In order to keep well within the good books of the forum mods, may I recommend that you remove any additional points costs for the unit entries and keep only the overall value of the units as a whole (this just means removing the individual points costs for things like upgrades/weapon choices/cost of each troop etc so as not to step on the property rights of GW/FW etc).

You may also wish, purely for the purpose of clarity to the reader, to reduce clutter in the list by removing the rulings such as 'chem-munitions' and other 'Rules' comments that are naturally part of the units entry.

Assuming your are using the standard Force Organisation Chart requirements, you will need an additional valid compulsory troop for your standard 1x HQ and 2x Troops.  Unless things have changed, Legion Tactical Support Squads are not compulsory troops for this purpose.

In order to assist your HQ Death Star unit, may I recommend the inclusion of Meltabombs upon your Deathshroud should you feel the need.

You might find sufficient points for another troop option by reducing the upgrades upon your Support Squad Rhino and possibly consider the removal of the Centurion and Techmarine at this time to create a valid list.  You may also consider splitting the tacticals into two groups of 10 models with rhinos if you have limited model options.  This, or possibly changing the list to Pride of the Legion so you may split your 20 tacticals into 2x 10-man adding special weapons for a bit of punch.

I hope others will chime in with their experience and help your list achieve great things - Good luck !

Infyrana, thanks for the welcome and warning pal, appreciate it.

I've cleansed the list of impurities.

I liked the fluffiness of having a unit 20 footsloggers, but I'm into the other critique, I'll have a play ground.

Not sure if the techmarine is worth it, just have a nice conversion in mind.

Thanks for the feedback

I like the fluffiness of the 20 foot sloggers as well, so do a lot of others in the forums here.  They are definitely a keeper regardless of how you actually use them in any given army list.  I have two such units for my compulsory troops (some modelled with BP/CCW for rule of cool and adaptability), but I am well aware of both the financial and personal time required to get another 20 marines going, hence the suggestion for splitting them down temporarily until you have more models.

As for your 'Techmarine'. may I recommend continuing on your conversion, we would all be very happy to see your results!  This model could not only represent your techmarine entry, but also the Forge Lord HQ and possiby the Praevian HQ (FW's download section in Narik's rules) depending on how you've modelled it.  You may not at present be keen on Automata for your army, but if you plan for future expansion. you never know what you'll end up liking!  Seems a lot of us have some Castellax, probably because of their high toughness etc.

Archived