Squishy Eversors

BLUESH33P

Hi all, I'm currently building up a guard army and would love to include an Eversor as it would really complement the crazy Mad-Max sought of theme I'm aiming for. However, I see that whilst he can be pretty horrifying in melee combat, a lot of people complain that he get's shot to pieces before reaching enemy lines, and (to my knowledge) he doesn't have deep strike.

So, my question is whether or not he can be loaded into a transport? I know he's an independent operative but does that mean he can't use a drop-pod or a Valkyrie etc.?

He hasn't got deep strike, but he's got infiltrate, which is nearly as good. And there is no rule stating he can't steal a transport, only that he can't by joined by independent characters.  

Great, thank you! I really wanted an excuse to make an Officio Assassinorum Valkyrie just for him >:D 

Just remember, he cannot charge out of its, sadly. This means that he'll always have at least one turn of vulnerability, so you might as well just infiltrate him. In an IG army, I have found him to be a nice counter charge unit. Infiltrate him in line with the enemies advance but in LoS blocking cover and watch them get a bit afraid of the chance that he'll make that charge and eat a unit.

Thanks for the responses, all great insights! So you're suggesting that I either go for an assault vehicle or just infiltrate him... whilst I liked the idea of a dedicated valk. I guess the infiltration would simply be the better option as a land raider would never fit in the army I want. Ah well, I plan to get the OA box as a whole so maybe I'll find a transport role somewhere in there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived