Dosjetka's RTS Blood Angels

Dosjetka

med_gallery_45765_11327_33459.pngmed_gallery_45765_11327_55830.png

Thoughts? I think it looks rather decent, as is.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Instinctively, it feels like the more correct orientation is in the second photo. It also feels like it should replace that ridge behind it. Love Anvil bits, those drum mags are freaking excellent additions to a bolter.

Solid poses, but, I've got to say, that head doesn't feel very BA to me. It's absolutely a personal thing, I recognise that, I just never see them as having facial hair and if they've got hair on their head then I see it as being full bodied and luxuriant. Never shorter than covering the forehead. That feels more in keeping with their 'angelic'-ness.

Thanks! Yeah, the head isn't very conventional for Blood Angels, but I really dislike the heads they currently have in their kits. I also really liked Blindhamster's Tactical Marine with the same head, so I pinched the idea and am happy I did msn-wink.gif But as you say, each to their own, and I respect your preference for another style of head.

I totally get that. The plastic BA heads are generally down.gif. To be honest I don't think there are many ready-made examples of how I envision bareheaded sons of Sanguinius, all the best ones are converted/sculpted eg. Blindhamster's Dante. Fair enough, obviously over the years there have been countless thousands in the Blood Angels chapter and hundreds of thousands in the Legion, a few may well dabble in facial hair. If they were going to, then it would definitely be that sort of swarthy, Mediterranean goatee. Feels quite Italian/Renaissance. Mohwak's though, I can just never escape "Brother, it is time for bolter drills" "Give me a minute I have to shave the sides of my head" tongue.png

As confirmed below, the second photo was indeed the correct position! And yes, they make great little bits and pieces to add to boltguns!

Concerning the hair thing, I see what you mean and agree. But head was just too cool not use, even if not particularly fluff or realistic ;)

Some of the Terminators in the latest Space Hulk release had hairstyles that differed from the BA-norm.

True that, though only the Sergeants had bare heads.

Damnit now I need some anvil industries bits haha.

The progress is looking good!

Also honoured I had an idea worth stealing lol!

You do indeed ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

Looking good!

D

Cheers :)

The correct orientation is the second photo. The low part actually projects the red dot sight on the inside of the lens housed in the large part. Its extremely faint if viewed from the wrong direction.

Great, thanks for the info! Much appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived