How to arm vanguard vets

nevaenuffbass

So I'm going through my bits box and realise I have enough death company bodies to make a vanguard veterans squad, and arm it pretty much however I want. I'm not magnetising as I've had bad experiences. I don't usually take the vets, but would like the modelling project. I've thought about taking them with the new formations, but haven't yet. My current list incorporates Angels fury (3ravens) and thinking that what vv have over death company is the equipment options and the ability to charge multiple units and maintain the bonus attack for charging. Hence was thinking no jump packs, but have some if I need...

Seeking your collective advice - what weapons should I equip them with?

Ps. There are prob enough for 10 bodies.

Pps. I think I have every option in the book at least once (been collecting for a long time)

Thank-you.

After reading this thread I came up with my solution. Fwiw - 6 will have bolt-pistol / chainsword, and for a modelling challenge at least a couple of these will have melta bombs modelled (as though they are placing them on a super-heavy). There will be a thunder-hammer, a power axe, a couple of lightning clawsand I'll make a sgt with TH/SS.

My reasoning...

There are 2 uses for (non jump pack) vv's. The first will be to kill super-heavies / heavy armour, probably aboard a raven. They will have melta bombs and a single thunder-hammer (unit of 5-7). The second use is to multi-assault out of a pod in the angel's fury formation, which will use the same, and a few power weapons. The sgt is because he'll be fun to model, and as he would be good(ish) for taking challenges, esp if the character in the unit is a sang priest.

Ps. Is there a way to attach this post and others on the vv's to a joint discussion.

Pps. Noted that the linked discussion didn't use the vanguard veterans "tag" meaning it'll be hard to find.

Archived