Wolf King has almost arrived

HeritorA

And so the Wolf King is almost upon us

The Wolf King is back in action. Chris Wraight continues the saga of Leman Russ in a new novella, and for the first time, it's available simultaneously in Limited Edition and eBook formats. Choose either the lavish hardback or the digital download and join the battle on Friday 2nd October.

THE STORY

The Space Wolves were set upon by the forces of the Alpha Legion before they had even recovered from the Razing of Prospero – hounded to the edge of the Alaxxes Nebula, in desperation Leman Russ called out to his primarch brothers for aid. None came. Now, with their fleet stranded and supplies dwindling, the warriors of the Rout face almost certain death amidst the rust-red clouds of the nebula. But what a glorious end it shall be, worthy of the sagas of old, and Alpharius’s sons will soon learn that a cornered wolf is always the most deadly...

READ IT BECAUSE

Find out what Russ did next... This novella bridges the gap between 'Scars' and 'Vengeful Spirit' and sees Russ make some hard decisions in the name of victory...

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/wolf-king-le.html

Wolf Lord Kieran 

I don't think where would be a difference - it would be almost the same price - digital would be probably 10 pounds cheaper with price like 30 GBP. But Digital copy have one bonus over the physical copy. While people will wait for their copy to arrive - you will already finish your digital copy, which you could start reading from the start on October the 2nd 

I'll be very curious to see what the price ends up being. Hopefully we're seeing a change in the sales policy, and an end to forcing a 75-100% luxury tax as the only alternative to waiting six months to a year to read something.

I'll be very curious to see what the price ends up being. Hopefully we're seeing a change in the sales policy, and an end to forcing a 75-100% luxury tax as the only alternative to waiting six months to a year to read something.

I wouldn't get your hopes up...

Wolf Lord Kieran 

I don't think where would be a difference - it would be almost the same price - digital would be probably 10 pounds cheaper with price like 30 GBP. But Digital copy have one bonus over the physical copy. While people will wait for their copy to arrive - you will already finish your digital copy, which you could start reading from the start on October the 2nd 

10 pounds not a huge difference ? 10 of 40 is still 25% off...

Wolf Lord Kieran

we will see pretty soon. 4 days left biggrin.png But yeah - i definitely think that they would charge digital copy for 30 GBP. It will make me laugh a lot but i will buy it probably. Has nothing to read now biggrin.png

im between books as well, and have been a Wolf since 2001.

Im still not buying this if its priced in the standard BL fashion.

WLK

HE HORUS HERESY: WOLF KING (EBOOK) €28.00 - reallllllly?????????? 

Please note that the eBook edition of 'Wolf King' does not include the additional colour content from the limited edition. - and €28.00 - reallllllly??????????

I'M IN :cussING SHOCK

$28 for an electronic novella with cut content is insane. It's crazy-person pricing. A new full-length novel in electronic format will run in the $11-15 range. There is no sane justification for doubling the going market rate for a book much shorter than a novel, other than trying to tie the ebook cost to the physical cost, which is another discussion.

the wolves take an absolute pasting from the alpha Legion, and are saved by the dark angels, led by althalos of Luther's Calibanites! who were ready to destroy them

Russ in a bad way after being duped at Prospero, and for having to be the executioner all the time

No more though, the Legion has been crippled by one and saved by another, so going forward they need to change up

Full review on Monday when I'm on a computer

the wolves take an absolute pasting from the alpha Legion, and are saved by the dark angels, led by althalos of Luther's Calibanites! who were ready to destroy them

Russ in a bad way after being duped at Prospero, and for having to be the executioner all the time

No more though, the Legion has been crippled by one and saved by another, so going forward they need to change up

Full review on Monday when I'm on a computer

That jives with what I was expecting.

As does BL's pricing. 

Guess Im skipping this for a bit.

Wolf Lord Kieran

Well I liked what Russ said about his role as executioner.

‘Just this,’ said Russ, impatiently. ‘It cannot go on. My brother has ripped the Imperium apart with lies, and if we do not change ourselves then we will deserve no better than the sorcerers we destroyed. I will no longer be the axeman of the Emperor. I will no longer see my sons crippled, shorn of allies, clinging to old myths of primacy. There is a path here. There is a road through the briars, and we have to learn to see it.’

Shame it was in an LE Novella and not a book available to the wider audience

For those of you concerned about the pricing of this novella, here is the e-mail I sent to Black Library (please excuse the wall of text; the paragraph formatting didn't work):

Dear Librarians,

News of The Wolf King being simultaneously released in both Limited Edition and eBook formats gave me cause to smile. Options are always good, and I’m sure those readers for whom the $50 price tag of The Wolf King is out of their range will be glad they don’t have to wait a year or more to read this tale.

That having been said, I am disappointed that a better process or range of alternatives wasn’t arrived at. As things stand, I could have read The Wolf King right now (as an eBook), but I would have missed out on the artwork and the added background material that was advertised. Conversely, my purchase of the Limited Edition guaranteed I get to enjoy all this added material… but I will have to wait a couple of weeks to do so (an issue that I’m sure applied for customers in Canada, Australia, etc.).

This brings me to my question. I don’t know what the cost of producing eBooks is, but would it not be feasible for the purchase of a Limited Edition to include the stripped down eBook version of the tale?

Thanks in advance!
Phoebus

Here is the response I received:

Hi there Phoebus,

Thanks very much for emailing me with your feedback. you make some interesting points there. What I have done is passed your feedback on to the sales team and the studio on your behalf so you can be confident that you've been heard on this one.

Cheers again

Archived