The Siege of the Segmentum Obscurus (Project Recommence)

GhostMalone

Yep, really awesome so far Kurama ^,^

Little Update from my part:

3 Vyronii Knights are on the way to the Segmentum Obscurus smile.png

Glad to see the new transfer sheets from the Open Day!

med_gallery_79873_10492_21748.jpg

Also, we should get more Knights from House Makabius soon .... a new ally will join us on our quest ... (but more to that later tongue.png)

Really pretty ^,^

Are you going to weather her a bit too now that the decals are done?

I'm planning on spending Saturday Weathering washing and detailing Viridian while I'm at my flgws while armies on parade is commencing.

I also want to order some more Ak products for pin washing and detailing

As Atia has eluded to reinforcements are en route for House Makabius! 

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0030_zpslc3chfcw.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0032_zpsbxunjnwq.jpg

Apologies for the terrible pics. These are the first two Knights Errant for the house and will also serve as my guinea pigs as I try out a scheme using an airbrush for the first time!

These will be joined by a Lancer very shortly, possibly a Castigator too. In addition I'll be working on Imperial army support units, Solar Auxilia and a small death Guard detachment!

Thanks brother, this is a Labour of love and it's once again a chance to try and refine techniques and still keep to my dirty over washed style.

I'm excited for the last pieces like the kill banner and heraldry to add then it's to the next project in this thread.

Holy feth, that's an awesome Knight !

Thanks buddy Viridian definitely got my juices flowing so I'm looking forward to tackling another.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-10-26%2008.07.35_zpsfx2a5sou.jpg

here's the kill banner and heraldic shield. Hopefully I get house hermatika decals one day but for now this will suffice

I felt a disturbance in my liver that someone else included a beer in their WIP log :D

I like the idea of your Veridia knight Titan, however, I can't help but feel it's a bit over powered. I mean 4 Gatling profile shots between two separate targets with both tank hunter and armorbane seems crazy, even if you can't shoot the next turn. Not to mention the vortex missile launcher.

If I were you, wanting to play it against others, I'd get rid of armorbane or swap it out for a rule that gives you plus one on the damage chart due to continually hitting the same target :)

As to the vortex missiles, I'd make them one shot only (6 missiles in total), and only vortex on a six.

Other than that, it seems really cool!

Just so you know the "official" colours for house makabius are VMC German grey with typhon ash (colour matches to a mix of deck tan & white) for the beige areas with a sepia wash (oils work best imho) over a coat of gloss varnish.

gallery_81212_9961_19761.jpg

"House Ærthegn"

Wrækon Dreor

The Dvar Mævex enclave

From an observer's perspective "House Ærthegn" appeared as a unified whole, a savage more primal iteration of the noble Knight houses. Unbeknownst to the wider Imperium, House Ærthegn, otherwise called the Wrækon Dreor, was formed from several factions or enclaves of reavers, constantly vying for supremacy through strength of arms and the direct favour of the Warmaster. Whilst few in number some enclaves saw the subjugation of themselves and their brother-enclaves by the Warmaster for what it was; the relinquishment of their own strength, thus making all who keeled over weak...

"And we do not stand with the weak..." -attributed to Chieftain Modrak Vetra, leader of the Dvar Mævex

gallery_81212_9961_752488.jpg

Hey guys, I will be working on my own version of the Wrækon Dreor, the renegade factions that broke away during the heresy returning to their former selves as marauders of everyone. I'm really excited about this project, here is my Cerastus all ready for paint, I also have another few Cerastus knights on the way which will hopefully arrive in the next week or two...

"This is the might of my forge incarnate, the wrath of the Omnissiah, the hereteks' bane - use it wisely Scion, or you may end up no better than a wild Vorax-automata in the dunes of Mezoa ..."

med_gallery_79873_10624_96713.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_5127.jpg

The Dvar Mævex

Epoch-class Destroyer 'Jaws of Hel'

One of multiple ships gifted to "House Ærthegn" after its subjugation, the Epoch-class Destroyer was designed specifically with raiding in mind. Unique to this design was the ability to deploy its Knight reavers via drop pod, utilizing ancient technologies only available to the Titan legions. Batteries of macro-cannons and savage grapple hooks flank the vessel, its purpose clearly aimed at snaring and mauling its prey in the void...

"Master? We have no master. Out here in the cold, dark void it is every man for himself." -attributed to Styrix pilot Hrakval Talus

gallery_81212_9961_65937.jpggallery_81212_9961_302603.jpggallery_81212_9961_633435.jpg

Nice work Rangaman! I do miss BFG :(

Quick update:

I have started painting on my first Errant and have received a Lancer through the post! Just waiting on German grey paint arriving and some more work will be completed!

I also have some weathering powders from FW and Vallejo to use. I've never used them before, any tips? I have a pigment fixer from vallejo as well.

Archived