The Siege of the Segmentum Obscurus (Project Recommence)

GhostMalone

Thanks Brother Vidius, you can do loads with weathering powders. Simple dust it on with a sealer over the top, you can use the pigment fixer and build the powders up, white spirits and brush it around. Really comes down to the finish you want. For example, you could use a red oxide as powdered on to represent red dirt, or you could use the same powder with spirits to create rust streaks.

Black Cohort; Kurama's photo bucket is playing up but his photos were all up last week though. I'm sure he will fix that asap

Thanks Brother Vidius, you can do loads with weathering powders. Simple dust it on with a sealer over the top, you can use the pigment fixer and build the powders up, white spirits and brush it around. Really comes down to the finish you want. For example, you could use a red oxide as powdered on to represent red dirt, or you could use the same powder with spirits to create rust streaks.

Black Cohort; Kurama's photo bucket is playing up but his photos were all up last week though. I'm sure he will fix that asap

No worries, I wasn't sure if it was a problem for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

gallery_81212_9961_5127.jpg

The Dvar Mævex

Hrakval Talus, Cerastus Styrix pilot

Deeply respected and rightly feared alike, Hrakval has piloted his Styrix under the banner of the Imperium, the Warmaster and now for his own enclave. Considered to be as bloodthirsty and malignant as the Machine-spirit of his Knight-titan, Hrakval has earnt his reputation on countless battlefields, seeking out massed infantry to engage when he can...

gallery_81212_9961_681831.jpg

• 5 months later...

++++++++{{[iNCOMING DATA STREAM]}}++++++++

............. {{UPDATE>>>>>> CORRUPTED SIG//....}}

....... {{[HERMATIKA WALKS AGAIN]}}

... {{[WAR ZONE SEGMENTUM OBSCURUS]}}

{[DECRYPT//90%》RETURNING TO PROJECT]}

........... {{[//VOSTROYAWALKSWITHTHESONSAND GODS*WESHALRECOMMENCECOMEMAY15TH*PLEASEWAITFORFURTHERTRANSMISSIONS//0001011000100111100110101011001011010010101101010101001.....]}}

• 2 weeks later...

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05-13_13.54.34_zpsp4kuaejx.jpg

She's no Queen Bee but she's the Obsidian Rose; Knight Gallant and Daughter of Kaldeia.

So I have made progress finally on the second knight for hermatika, I have ordered the mech plates for her and hopefully she will be ready to be based by the end of next week, I'm currently working on her brother Cerulean but I'm thinking of renaming it to the Azure Blue.

So leave some love people were back on track for the siege

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05-13_15.21.46_zpseusyvykp.jpg

Now these two just need Armour fitting and will look great alongside Viridian.
Next up will be my vostroyan militia to fight alongside them followed by a Knight Maegera, a Knight Styrix, and a Knight Atropos rounding out the main part of the household which then will eventually round out the last 3 Cerastus chassis knights eventually

I completely forgot to post my finished Knight in the Siege of Segmentum Obscurus log.....better late then never!
_________________________________________________________________________________

gallery_81212_9961_19761.jpg

"House Ærthegn"
Wrækon Dreor
The Dvar Mævex enclave

From an observer's perspective "House Ærthegn" appeared as a unified whole, a savage more primal iteration of the noble Knight houses. Unbeknownst to the wider Imperium, House Ærthegn, otherwise called the Wrækon Dreor, was formed from several factions or enclaves of reavers, constantly vying for supremacy through strength of arms and the direct favour of the Warmaster. Whilst few in number, some enclaves saw the subjugation of themselves and their brother-enclaves by the Warmaster for what it was; the relinquishment of their own strength, thus making all who keeled over weak...

gallery_81212_9961_121952.jpg

Hrakval Talus, Cerastus-Styrix pilot

Deeply respected and rightly feared alike, Hrakval has piloted his Styrix under the banner of the Imperium, the Warmaster and now for his own enclave. Considered to be as bloodthirsty and malignant as the Machine-spirit of his Knight-titan, Hrakval has earnt his reputation on countless battlefields, seeking out massed infantry to engage when he can...

gallery_81212_9961_800314.jpg

These picts are taken during an engagement against traitor XVIth Legion forces in the Coronid Deeps. Sometime prior to the outbreak of the Heresy, the Dvar Mævex ceased all contact with delegates of the Warmaster, from both his own legion and the Mechanicum of Cyclothrathe. They reemerged during the Civil War claiming a deadly tally of Knight kills, including those of their former House, resulting in an increased military presence from both sides with the intent to destroy the marauders.

gallery_81212_9961_356184.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_332172.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_261555.jpg

gallery_81212_9961_566615.jpg

My Chieftain (Seneschal) is up next!

gallery_81212_9961_159524.jpg

Good to see your Knights are back Kurama!

Ohh yeah buddy it's back and it should be going for another big stint before I shelf it again and have a break

Apologies, my original post wasn't exactly constructive or clear. Its not a compliment, mate. Forum Rules shines caution against double-posting to bump your thread. If you have a brand new update, with new material, then sure you can certainly post on your own thread to update your log. That being said, you posted 4 times in a row over the span of two days without any responses from anyone when you could have very clearly and easily condensed that all into one update... Its artificially pushing your thread to the top of the WIP list and goes against forum rules. 

Please refrain from doing it. 

The thread bumping is real...

That's how he gets his post count up. It's as if the forum rules don't even exist.

Now now, let's remain civil. 

Ohh yeah buddy it's back and it should be going for another big stint before I shelf it again and have a break

Apologies, my original post wasn't exactly constructive or clear. Its not a compliment, mate. Forum Rules shines caution against double-posting to bump your thread. If you have a brand new update, with new material, then sure you can certainly post on your own thread to update your log. That being said, you posted 4 times in a row over the span of two days without any responses from anyone when you could have very clearly and easily condensed that all into one update... Its artificially pushing your thread to the top of the WIP list and goes against forum rules. 

Really? I just looked through both the B&C rules and the Forge rules, and in neither could I find anything referencing "double-posting" or "bumping." The closest that exists, insofar as I know, is the clause in the B&C rules prohibiting spamming, but even that is defined in such a way that what Kurama falls within forum rules. While I agree that it might not be in the best of form to do so, and I would caution against doing it overmuch (perhaps it should even be added to the rules,) but as it stands, I cannot honestly say that what Kurama has done is against forum rules. If I missed something, I apologize, but I just don't see your's and ephrael's position. However, this thread is neither the time nor the place to be discussing this subject. If someone needs to correct me, PM me and I'll edit this post accordingly.

Back on topic, though, Kurama, I really do like what you've done with Cerulean's faceplate. It looks pretty dang cool. Did it require a lot of work? Rangaman, glad to see someone's doing House Aethergn. I thought it was the Knight faction with the coolest background in Conquest  (top of the list for me before deciding on a homebrew House) and you're definitely doing it justice with the paint job. The Chieftain's posing is just lovely, too.

Looking slick. I'm interested to see paint on yours, Jasp :)

Don't let this little mix-up affect you in any way my friend. ETL is upon us soon and we need our forum champ in tip-top shape ;)

Really? I just looked through both the B&C rules and the Forge rules, and in neither could I find anything referencing "double-posting" or "bumping." The closest that exists, insofar as I know, is the clause in the B&C rules prohibiting spamming, but even that is defined in such a way that what Kurama falls within forum rules. While I agree that it might not be in the best of form to do so, and I would caution against doing it overmuch (perhaps it should even be added to the rules,) but as it stands, I cannot honestly say that what Kurama has done is against forum rules. If I missed something, I apologize, but I just don't see your's and ephrael's position. However, this thread is neither the time nor the place to be discussing this subject. If someone needs to correct me, PM me and I'll edit this post accordingly.

Back on topic, though, Kurama, I really do like what you've done with Cerulean's faceplate. It looks pretty dang cool. Did it require a lot of work? Rangaman, glad to see someone's doing House Aethergn. I thought it was the Knight faction with the coolest background in Conquest  (top of the list for me before deciding on a homebrew House) and you're definitely doing it justice with the paint job. The Chieftain's posing is just lovely, too.

I pm'd you a link to the relevant rule.

Well referring to the rules I am the op and I had updates so it isn't thredomancy or bumping as its a literal update; if there's an issue with this I'm happy for a mod to contact me or someone to report me if they feel I've broken any rules, I honestly didn't intend to upset people and if that's the case and I have indeed broken rules I'm more than happy to take my projects elsewhere as I have never once intended to cause issues.

Honestly I don't have time for any BS (I don't mean ballistic skill) etl is upon us and the last thing I want is a hiatus but honestly sometimes I wonder why people all expect the worse from people like I'm trying to build a post count or bump topics etc.

So do as you will comment as you will no matter what my projects will continue even if it's not within the walls of the B&C

Spam Control

To help cut down on Spam and unnecessary bumping of posts we have imposed a 60 second limit on posting. This means if you attempt to reply to your own post within 60 seconds it will be auto merged into your first post. If someone else replies to your post and then you reply it will still be a new post rather than merged. Post count gains you no titles here so there is no need to bump, 1 word reply or reply to reply if you screw up or forget something. Say what you have to say and if you need to add to it, use the edit button if your post is still the most recent.

If this is considered one of the rules rather than a guideline, we should probably add it into the "Forum Rules" huh.png ?

Archived