Knight Homeworld Defense Forces

himkano

I think we're talking about two different things.  No one is suggesting adding infantry units to the Imperial Knight faction.  Any in-game representation of Household infantry would of course be through the use of Allies.

The discussion at hand is in regards to in-lore representation of Household infantry, whether in the established fluff or player-generated background stories.

Codex Astra Militarium

Codex Adaptus Machanicus Skitarii

Codex Adaptus Mechanicus Cult Mechanicus

Codex Imperial Knights

SJ

Quotes that they don't have a militia or pdf type group? That the aforementioned example provided by Atia are just allies and not militia type troops belonging to the house hold?

Knight House Devine:

Supporting the knight houses were a priesthood of Sacristans who handled the mechanical interface between the nobles and their mounts, the military of the Sacristan Guard and the Dawn Guard, and Devine's personal forces of huscarl cavalry, mechanised infantry, superheavy tanks, artillery and battle robot cohorts.[2]

Edited by Atia

Also, i let ask FW if they plan to release any Knight support infantry any time soon (using the same style of armour as the guy on throne) - their answer was i shall use Solar Auxilia to represent that - if there wouldn't be any kind of support infantry, the answer would be "they don't have that" instead :tongue.:

edit:

in case you are interested, the quote would be

Q: Any chance to get support infantry for the knights? *looks at the cool knight pilot armour*

A: Solar auxillia are supposed to be the guards for the knights.

Edited by Atia

Codex Astra Militarium

Codex Imperial Knights

SJ

Quotes that they don't have a militia or pdf type group? That the aforementioned example provided by Atia are just allies and not militia type troops belonging to the house hold?
Cite a source that says they aren't allies.

SJ

Codex Astra Militarium

Codex Imperial Knights

SJ

SJ

That's not how it works. You disputed us and cited sources, but once again (like in every debate we've had) failed to provide any real evidence. You haven't provided a single quote, unlike the people here who have provided several. You have backed up your sources with any information, you haven't listed a single word from those sources, you haven't done any of that. You spout of where you think it's found, but never the words you claim exist (that don't). So evidence stands against you that knight houses have more than just nobles and knights that fight for them. They have household guard, personal forces of huscarl cavalry, mechanised infantry, superheavy tanks, artillery and battle robot cohorts. 

So where are your quotes? The quotes that say that Knight worlds do not have their own, non-knight forces? 

Edited by Arkangilos

do you even read what i wrote oO?

the military of the Sacristan Guard and the Dawn Guard, and (House) Devine's personal forces 

they aren't a chapter of space marines or imperial guard, they are personal forces of House Devine aswell as part of the defense force for Molech (= a knight homeworld ---> OP asked for knight homeworld defense forces) ...

Edited by Atia

Which can be fielded via allying Astra Militarium, Skitarii, and Cult Mechanicus forces. Did the level of creativity drop on this forum? I posted the codexes required to field such a combined force already in this thread. From a fluff stand point, just the names alone of the forces tell you how they are aligned. Sacristan Guard are Cult Mechanicus, the Dawn Guard are Skitarii, Devine's personal forces are Knights. Cavalry are Guard units, as are mechanized infantry and Superheavy Tanks. Robot Cohorts are Mechanicus.

Please show me where is says all those forces are not allied. Please cite where it say Knight world Nobles have their own Astra Militarium based PDF forces. Please quote where it says Nobles command AdMech units.

SJ

Edited by jeffersonian000

The discussion is simple - do Household infantry units, per established fluff, make sense? Members have quoted various books and other sources that show that some Households do in fact maintain their own non-Knight military units. So, the answer is yes.

No one is talking about changing any in-game mechanics or army lists. How to represent non-Knight Household units is an interesting discussion in and of itself, but it's not worth having a conniption.

Which can be fielded via allying Astra Militarium, Skitarii, and Cult Mechanicus forces. Did the level of creativity drop on this forum? I posted the codexes required to field such a combined force already in this thread. From a fluff stand point, just the names alone of the forces tell you how they are aligned. Sacristan Guard are Cult Mechanicus, the Dawn Guard are Skitarii, Devine's personal forces are Knights. Cavalry are Guard units, as are mechanized infantry and Superheavy Tanks. Robot Cohorts are Mechanicus.

Please show me where is says all those forces are not allied. Please cite where it say Knight world Nobles have their own Astra Militarium based PDF forces. Please quote where it says Nobles command AdMech units.

SJ

... I think we are misunderstanding each other...

I am not referring to rules. I am referring to fluff, and fluff alone. As to quote where it says the Nobles have their own Astra Militarium based PDF forces, Atia already quoted that for you. 

Here was one of the quotes provided by several people:

[House] Devine's personal forces of huscarl cavalry, mechanised infantry, superheavy tanks, artillery and battle robot cohorts.

Notice the mechanized infantry, superheavy tanks, artillery, and battle robot cohorts? You know, the ones that BELONG to a house? I don't know about you, but allies belong to other factions. Allies are friends coming to help. House troops are troops employed by your OWN people, not friends.

Edited by Arkangilos

Yeah, we are refering to fluff and fluff only - so yeah, you can have support infantry for your Knights House - from a rules PoV you can use Skitarii/Imperial Guard/Solar Auxilia^^

I think it also depends on what your army represents ^^

If you just want a few Knights who are part of a greater Mechanicum formation or Titan Legion support they will probably have no support units with them - but if you want to represent a force from a single Knights House, or even a Homeworld Defense force, you can easily add some support units (i'll probably use either metal-green Solar Auxilia representing Vyronii House Guard - or Mezoan' Skitarii as support for my Knights - or both ^_^)