Nick Kyme Chose Roboute Guilliman...

Prot

Just thought this was kind of cool. Actually I like Nick Kyme's stuff, but definitely prefer his Ultramarines over the other stuff he's done. (Censure is a fun ride too.)

This is an excerpt from the Black Library website:

Nick Kyme chose Roboute Guilliman as his favourite primarch, with 'Know No Fear' as the defining tale of the lord of the Ultramarines. Here's why:

It's Guilliman in 'Know No Fear' for me. Partly, I think it's because it shattered a lot of preconceptions about the character but also because of the context in which we got to see him develop. The slow realisation of the betrayal of the Word Bearers, but also his reaction to the threat and how we got to see Guilliman transform from the empire builder and the warrior-statesmen to the Avenging Son. As a reader, I don't think I've ever been as personally invested in a character's story as I was with Guilliman in this novel. He showed what true heroes are made of.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/know-no-fear-ebook.html?utm_source=BlackLibrary.com&utm_campaign=0a2fcb9897-2015-09-30+Wolf+King&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_781f7c7929-0a2fcb9897-110962001

They are doing a kind of cool feature right now where authors are picking their favorite Primarchs.

Just thought this was kind of cool. Actually I like Nick Kyme's stuff, but definitely prefer his Ultramarines over the other stuff he's done. (Censure is a fun ride too.)

This is an excerpt from the Black Library website:

Nick Kyme chose Roboute Guilliman as his favourite primarch, with 'Know No Fear' as the defining tale of the lord of the Ultramarines. Here's why:

It's Guilliman in 'Know No Fear' for me. Partly, I think it's because it shattered a lot of preconceptions about the character but also because of the context in which we got to see him develop. The slow realisation of the betrayal of the Word Bearers, but also his reaction to the threat and how we got to see Guilliman transform from the empire builder and the warrior-statesmen to the Avenging Son. As a reader, I don't think I've ever been as personally invested in a character's story as I was with Guilliman in this novel. He showed what true heroes are made of.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/know-no-fear-ebook.html?utm_source=BlackLibrary.com&utm_campaign=0a2fcb9897-2015-09-30+Wolf+King&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_781f7c7929-0a2fcb9897-110962001

They are doing a kind of cool feature right now where authors are picking their favorite Primarchs.

And this is the guy who gets to write ever Salamander novel.

Nuuuuu. Favourite presentation of primarchs.

Don't shoot the messenger. Simply quoting Black Library:

'And this is the guy who gets to write ever Salamander novel.' - that's why Salamanders are the most blank and uninteresting Legion to date, lol furious.gif

- Well I think Deathfire is really decent. (Not just because of the Ultra involvement.) Also, I think it would come off wrong if an author chose 'his' own primarch and his own book as the defining moment, don't you?

Frankly I liked the idea of Guilliman but much like the Space Wolves I think the existing material was horrid and thin on character. Abnett took both of those legions and changed the way future authors write about them.

My only hit on Abnett is I think he's better at telling the tale of the common man than a super primarch. I don't know why that is but it's my own observation dating back to his Gaunt's stuff, as well as the beloved Blood Pact.

I too wish Abnett had not abandoned them. I loved McNeil's Iron Warriors, but not Ultramarines. This leaves a big gap imo for the Legion from a fiction stand point.

Archived