Word Bearer Novel

Kelborn

Hey there,

right now I'm interested in the Word Bearers. Problem is that there are so many HH books, etc. I don't know which to choose, especially concerning Calth.

So could you help me by saying which HH novel depicts them most?

I know that there is also a Omnibus which shall be good but I'm more interested in the HH era. The Omnibus would be my plan b. smile.png

Know No Fear and Mark of Calth both contain content regarding the Battle of Calth. Though it's worth noting that the former is set from the perspective of the Ultramarines and the latter is a series of short stories from both sides.

Funny that they all novels you mentioned were written by ADB. No surprise that they are amongst the best. msn-wink.gif

Well, Betrayer is available in a nearby book store. Only one example of the First Heretic is available on amazon.

As Betrayer focuses on the World Eaters as well I would pick First Heretic. Or should I have to read them in a chronological order or something like that?

ADB certianly knows how to write him some word bearers, he took them from a legion i had zero interest in to perhaps my favorite 

you can read the separately,, but First Heretic is probably the best place to start, introduces all the characters that continue on in Betrayer, Aurliean is more of a stand-alone, a short novella.

Just finished the Purge, highly recommend it, a great story

Seems like I order First Heretic. msn-wink.gif Maybe I'll order the Omnibus as well for the future.

@HeritorA: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? It's funny and competitive. At least for me. I'm only playing when I have the time to. So maybe 3 or 4 times a month. To each his own. smile.png

For the Murlocs! Mrgrmglrgmll! tongue.png

I will second the recommendations of The First Heretic and Aurelian, and while I haven't read "The Purge" I've heard people whose judgment I trust sing its praises.

But Anthony Reynolds Word Bearer trilogy was painful to read, that one I'd suggest steering clear of.

Archived