Question about the formation "Cohort Cybernetica"

Ishagu

Sooo.... I love Ad Mech, I have a bunch of 30k models.

Anyways, I really like the Kastelan robots. I know some people aren't fans but I really like the look of the model, and I like the whole mindless, ceaseless, killing machine vibe.

I saw this formation in my friend's cult mechanicus book. It's the one comprised of a big unit of 4 Kastellan Robots, 2 data smiths and a Dominus.

Before I commit to anything I'm wondering if I can simply take this formation by itself?

I don't want to invest in a greater Mechanicus force, but having these robots marching up the table is very appealing to me, and I would love to include them in one of my armies as allies.

Love it. Thanks.

Eradication Ray on the Dominus is the better option, right? :-)

Just wondering, how are people equipping Kastellans? I'm thinking about 2 with Fists and phosphor blasters, and 2 with twin linked phosphor blaster and regular PBs...

It's worth the point. It's very tanky.

I prefer all phos as the power fist are more or less chain swords. Being MCs they already swing at Ap 2. 3 phos and 1 fist can also be quite nice. If your losing in melee. It's because invuln save, instant death, and/or invisible.

I prefer 3 with all Phosphor and 1 with Flamer / Fist.

But I've seen a friend with 4 Flamers wreck Ork, Guard and Tyranid mobs (as they should).

I think getting the bots into close combat with Knights, Wraiths, etc. is bad no matter what you arm them with.

I have a related question, if I use this formation as my primary so that the Dominus is the Warlord how would this interact with the Holy Requisitioner formation?

Also how would the two work for purpose of Canticle of the Omnissiah?

I have never used multiple formations before so I am not sure. I assume that they become one detachment as they are the same faction and so there is only one Canticle of the Omnissiah.

Canticles of the Omnissiah (and the Skitarii Doctrina Imperatives) work across your whole army. You can choose one canticle per turn and it affects all models with the appropriate rule/faction. It doesn't make a difference if those models are in one detachment or ten.

Strong strong unit.

Especially if you give the Dominus the IWND relic that transfers to the unit and the mask of Alpha that let's you change Protocols AT AND TIME. But you lose the one you changed from.

Basically you can get into double shooting protocol after you're in position then when the enemy charges you, switch and MURDER anything in CC.

Probs best not to lose the FNP protocol. But with the Domonus' repair rolls and IWND on every Kastellan this unit is bonkers.

If you could ally 40k into 30k I'd be planning to buy these for my eventual heresy force...

These guys really complement cheap Skitarii footmen too :)

Archived