Inquisitor loadout for Sister/GK allies

Hi guys/gals,

I purchased a bunch of Sisters of Battle off a friend some time ago, which included inquisition models, and have slowly bought up a couple of units of Grey Knights since then. I thought it would be cool to do an allied army using everything I had, but I've got little experience beyond a few games with the Sisters.

So, what would be the best loadout for an inquisitor in this role?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply dude.

Roughly what I'm looking at including with this is something like:

Inquisition Detachment

Inquisitor - ?

Sisters of Battle Combined Arms Detachment

Canoness, Mantle of Orphelia, Rosarius, Eviscerator

6x Sisters of Battle, Flamer, Heavy Flamer

Immolator, Multi-meltas

6x Sisters of Battle, Flamer, Heavy Flamer

Immolator, Multi-meltas

6x Dominion, 4 Meltas, Simulacrum

Priest

Rhino

6x Dominion, 4 Meltas, Simulacrum

Priest

Rhino

2x Exorcist

Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force

Librarian

4 Paladins, Banner, Psycannon, Falcians

5 Terminators, 3 Halberds, Psycannon

Officio Assassinorum

Calixus Assassin

I'm actually working on a very similar project. Here are my thoughts so far:

• Inquisitors are extremely versatile models, so you can easily use them to cover for gaps in the Sororitas army list. For example:
    • Flyers (via an Inquisitorial Valkyrie) [NOTE: Yes, I know that we have an awesome Forgeworld flyer - I also know that it costs about $140 and not everyone is prepared to shell out that much]
    • Assault vehicles and strong versatile close combat (via an Inquisitorial Land Raider and a close combat focused retinue)
    • Psychic support (although you need this less because you have Grey Knights backup - still, an Inquisitor is a versatile and inexpensive Warp Charge, plus you can take a psyker in his retinue which is another warp charge, or even take multiple warbands, each with their own psyker, to get even more warp charges for 10 points a pop).
    • Speaking of including Grey Knights, if you're teleporting in TDA, it usually pays to have a Mystic in your retinue.
    • High volume of anti-MEQ firepower (via acolytes with hotshot lasguns and up to three plasmaguns per squad - potentially many more AP 2 to 3 shots than the Sisters can manage).

Sadly, the Inquisitors themselves aren't too impressive. Appropriately enough to the fluff, they are mostly interesting because of the resources they can commandeer. I like to run mine in power armor for survivability, make him a psyker, and rock a Daemon weapon (as a GW developer is quoted as saying "real men use Daemon weapons"). I put him with a mostly shooty acolyte squad (three plasma guns, some crusaders for defense, a mystic and a psyker, and then soak extra points into hotshot lasgun guys) in a Chimera. When (not if) the Chimera is destroyed and they end up assaulted, my Inquisitor makes a decent close combat threat, as long as I keep him out of combat with anything stronger than he is.

My Inquisitorial game-related knowledge is rather limited, but I'll have a look through C:I and see if I can come up with anything to add to ElectricPaladin's solid list of suggestions.

Archived