Combined Arms Detachment versus Cult Mecanicus Battle Congre

Trokair

I haven’t seen this discussed before, if it has then please point me in the right direction.

Is the benefit of the Battle Congregation worth it compared to a CAD?

I don’t think that I’ll need the extra slots the BC gives me over the CAD. The reaming difference is the ability to reuse a Canticle versus the ability to have an extra HQ slot and Objective Secured.

Thoughts?

Typo corection.

It depends. If your bringing a tech priest and two destroyer units for some grav, then CAD is better due to lack luster canticles.

If your bring anymore than that, then BC is by far better as cult mech is quite slow and thus does get much use from obsec.

Warhound Titian I wish, that would be half my army. That said I would probably need it against the tournament cheese lists.

Anyway, in summary the consensus is that the CB is only worth it in larger armies and for my allied army I probably should stick with a CAD even if I only bring one Tech-Priest.

Thanks all.

Even lackluster canticles can be useful. Pseudo preferred enemy or stealth for an extra round is never bad.

Very true at worst the canticle is about as strong maybe just a tiny hair better at times than prefered enemy. Would you give up an extra tier 1 for obj sec??

I'd bet tempted too as most of your stuff is slow and wont be running out to contest too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Cult is usually too slow to make most of the OS. Better to get two times cover bonus or more hits. If you want to make most of the Cult, I doubt you will have many points left for a second HQ. The only time I would go CAD is when I would for some crazy reason play Electro Priests and thus need a few Magos tanks.

Archived