Does the Medusa have weapon options ?

1000 Sons

In the Medusa page in the red book is states that it's weapon is the medusa siege gun (s10,ap2).  In the Astartes Wargear  list there is an entry for Phosphex Shell(Medusa).  Is this for the Medusa artillery tank, or a completely different weapon/tank ?

The phosphex shells for the medusa are an unlock when you take a siege breaker HQ and can be taken for free. Though note that you technically lose the S10 ap2 shot when you switch to them.

But Mechanicum artillery tanks mounting Medusa cannons can switch however they want, much like Quad-mortars.

So if you want Phosphex Medusas, ally in Mechanicum tongue.png Unless the Siege Breaker was going to be your only HQ, you were going to pay for an extra HQ anyway. Might as well make it a Magos instead of a Siege Breaker.

Pretty much.

Thought being the puritan elistist that I am, allying armies is abhorrent to me (unless its my Eldar Deldar) so my Xenocide Cardes for Legion Astartes will have a Siege Breaker to give one medusa the Phosphex Shells (if at all).

If they change it so that the Siege Breaker gives the addition of free phosphex shells to be used at will, well hot dog he isnt complete garbage.

Archived