Are Heavy Bolter Squads worth it For Imperial Fists

Lord Blackwood

So I have 5 armless bodies and I know I have atleast 5 heavy bolters sitting around here somewhere. 

Do you reckon  a squad of them are useful  ,  Note I  am currently running a   Sic. Battle Tank  in one Hvy Support Slot and a  Squad of Las Cannon Bro's  in  the other. 

Heavy Bolters are really outshined in the anti infantry at long range department by the Volkite Culverins I think due to more range, more shots, better strength and deflagrate.

Salvo would really be a nice twist to the Heavy Bolters, offering the ability to still have some mobility when you need it

Suspensor Webs, yo. Slap em on everything and enjoy Heavy Weapons firing like Salvo without the Downsides ie Less Shots and no Charging.(except Points increase).

Volkite cost is higher, but cost:damage ratio is better.

Played a game against my mate's Imperial Fists the other day with some proxied Salamanders from my 40k army. Smashed him pretty early, but his Disciplined Fire really hurt me once I was close to him. He had 2 heavy bolters in a Vet squad and they did alright.

They do very well against non-Legion armies, as they're AP4, and they're cheap as chips. But they use a Heavy Support slot, arguably the most competitive slot around, when you could use Quad Heavy Bolter Rapiers from Elites. Do a test run and see how you like them!

Archived